There are 240 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Its driving me crazy......

I soooo badly want to respond to this stuff but it requires admin approval to become a member.....

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2320022.aspx

Its not that they are flat wrong...its more that they simply only know what the talking heads on ESPN have been spouting.

i didn't read all of it, but it actually seems pretty reasonable, for an opposing teams message board. Sure, they don't follow the team closely, but several of those guys seem to know whats up with this team, and mostly agree its going to be a tough game. Sure, there are idiots who think that Willis is the only good player on our defense, but whatever.

I really can't wait for this game. The Detroit game felt like a playoff game, and ever since then its just been "takin' care of business." This game feels like that DET game: a midseason playoff game. Just a huge, huge game. AAAARRRGGGGHHHH can't wait.

Agreed. Thats why I want to post there.

They seem to have more than 2 brain cells...a marked change from the Browns forums.

lol. yeah, it is hard to find fans of other teams that aren't total morons. But it makes you wonder: if they're not stupid, then why don't they root for the 49ers?

Judging by stubhub prices, the buzz for this game is incredible. For those who have been in a ticket purchasing/selling transaction lately, do your experiences indicate a bump in the general demand for tickets, or is this due to the Giants coming to town?

Anyway, my brother and I will be attending, and I can't wait.
Originally posted by verb1der:
When it comes to trying to figure out the 49ers I'm sick of hearing "Niners are going to have to start passing sooner or later to keep up with these high powered offenses..."

When in reality, these "high powered offenses" are more often forced into shootouts because their defense sucks major balls.

49ers will not allow shootouts, and they will keep proving that from week to week. IMO, these high-powered offenses (GB, NE, etc) will eventually get shut down, sooner or later.

Anyone see the Packers/Chargers game yesterday? Green Bay is lucky Rivers threw multiple pick 6s, and yet SD still scored like 30+ pts.
I totally agree, people wanna complain about the lack of a vertical passing game but we are playing games OUR way and controlling the games like we want. Were not following league trends and putting up the huge numbers in the passing game but I think thats a good part of why were winning! Let em keep sleeping!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
When it comes to trying to figure out the 49ers I'm sick of hearing "Niners are going to have to start passing sooner or later to keep up with these high powered offenses..."

When in reality, these "high powered offenses" are more often forced into shootouts because their defense sucks major balls.

49ers will not allow shootouts, and they will keep proving that from week to week. IMO, these high-powered offenses (GB, NE, etc) will eventually get shut down, sooner or later.

Anyone see the Packers/Chargers game yesterday? Green Bay is lucky Rivers threw multiple pick 6s, and yet SD still scored like 30+ pts.

I think Green Bay will lose at Detroit on Thanksgiving.

no way

it's possible, since Detroit is playing well. That stadium will be loud.
Originally posted by Liontech:
Judging by stubhub prices, the buzz for this game is incredible. For those who have been in a ticket purchasing/selling transaction lately, do your experiences indicate a bump in the general demand for tickets, or is this due to the Giants coming to town?

Anyway, my brother and I will be attending, and I can't wait.
Its a combo of both, the 49ers Ticket sales have been very flat the last two seasons and was flat this season as well. I could not give my Browns tickets away! But now that the team is 7 and 1 and has a 5 game lead as well as a good team like the NYG are coming to town I am getting a lot of calls for tickets for this game and the Pitt game as well. This game should be a very good game.

Exactly!
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think we're going to kick their ass. Manning is going to have one of those bad Eli games. 28-12, Niners.

Great reading through, but this was my favorite. I think Eli is gonna get scared sh!tless when he sees our front 7 up close. He will choke this game up quickly. We should come out and send it to him early... really shake that lil wuss up. That will keep him rattled and allow us to take them down. Your score looks about right too.
I find it hard to believe that this Giant team managed to lose to the Seahawks
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

they also lost to the Redskins, and almost lost to the Dolphins.
I know one thing, our front 7>>>>>>>>> NE front 7, Eli and crew will have a tough day, we just need to hit him as much as possible. Harbaugh should have them fired up as if they were heading into a playoff game.

Very Jekyll and Hyde team, those Gmen. We can DO this... just gotta frighten that QB of theirs and get him brain-panicking into mistakes.

Talk about playing down to the level of their competition
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Honestly, I'm not worried about this game. I really believe we should be able to handle the Giants pretty easily. The Giants have one of the best one-two punches in the NFL with Bradshaw (if healthy) and Jacobs going against one of the best run defenses in the NFL. I think advantage us, but not by much, Willis and Bowman will have to clog up the middle while being aware of the PA fake to the TE on a seam route which was very successful against the Pats. In the passing game, they have great WRs with Nicks, Manningham, Cruz and their TE Ballard. However, Manning has a very weak arm and seems to telegraph his passes sometimes, and that means turn overs, which may lead to defensive scoring and good field position for the offense. We can play conservatively on offense by running the ball, scoring a TD or two and kicking a couple of FGs should be enough to eek out another ugly win.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Very Jekyll and Hyde team, those Gmen. We can DO this... just gotta frighten that QB of theirs and get him brain-panicking into mistakes.

How does a team like that turn around and beat New England in their house.
We have yet to show any team or the NFL complicated blitzes. If NYG start moving the ball vs our base, Eli will be in a shocker when we bring some stuff he's never seen before.
Share 49ersWebzone