LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Win this game and we'll shut a lot of people up. I need something from Alex this week!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Baldie:
This could be the game where Alex has to win it for us. Just like Eli did against the patriots....drive down in 1 min to score the winning score.

I agree though...if we win this game...we are officially legit. Tony Dungy said it on the Dan Patrick show....until the niners can beat a powerhouse team...they are still iffy. If Alex can prove he can air it out to win a game...then we will get everyone's respect.

What were the Loins?

who are the powerhouse teams?

The Giants I guess will be one of the best teams we've played, and a chance to really legitimize our run...but its kind of silly to think that we need to legitimize it to anyone. We are one of the powerhouse teams. They should be saying that this is a chance for the Giants to prove themselves.

He might be right though & Alex might have to come through in the "CLUTCH" Can't put it past him. (Alex) has done in before.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Win this game and we'll shut a lot of people up. I need something from Alex this week!

Like beating potential playoff teams like the Bengals, Eagles, Bucs, and Lions hasn't shut enough people up yet?
i've been hoping for a center screen to hunter for weeks, it works perfect for hunter cuz he's small and hard to see. wouldn't surprise me if they run it on sunday
Originally posted by Niners99:
If we can go 4-0 on the road against some tough teams, we should be able to beat the Giants at home.

Lets hope they come into this week emotionally drained from the huge win @NE, and the trip across the country doesnt sit too well with them. Also, lets hope Niner fans show up and fill the stadium. were 7-1, lets not sell half of the tickets to Giants fans. we always give up such a bit home field advantage by not having enough fans present to make it loud for the opposing team.
My wife and I bought a ticket and we are coming up from San Diego. It will be our first game at "The Stick." Hopefully now that we are playing well, Niner fans won't be selling their tickets away. I don't know what you are used to, but I guarantee my section up in the cheap seats will be loud.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Like beating potential playoff teams like the Bengals, Eagles, Bucs, and Lions hasn't shut enough people up yet?

Obviously not
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
I think we put Kyle Williams in the mix this week and open up down field with crabs and edwards and davis and walker
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i've been hoping for a center screen to hunter for weeks, it works perfect for hunter cuz he's small and hard to see. wouldn't surprise me if they run it on sunday

Would be a perfect counter to their scary pass rush.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Obviously not

I agree, the 49ers get no respect for the 4 road wins and beating these 4 good teams listed above. We need to beat the Giants to get some respect and it will be a huge win as far as the playoffs go. Were at home thank goodness.
shhhhh

its coming.....

In other news, defensive end Ray McDonald said his injured hamstring is much better and that he expects to return to practice and play in this Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

"I'm doing better," McDonald said. "I'm good to go this week."
Originally posted by jreff22:
In other news, defensive end Ray McDonald said his injured hamstring is much better and that he expects to return to practice and play in this Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

game over, we win.
If Smith and Crabtree wants to make a statement, they will continue to work extra this week of practice.

A breakout game for Crabtree after having caught 19 in the last 3 games would be huge for this offense.

Oh yea. Eli, meet the wet green turf of Candlestick Park.

we need him back on the field, especially for this game
Share 49ersWebzone