There are 283 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
This will be the biggest game for our team in years. I have two predictions: We lose big time, i mean big time. Or we pull off a game winning FG.

Just hoping to have a injury free, positive game.

Lets get that 8th Niners!!!

After watching the last few games I think our D is too tough and our running game is too effective for us to get blown out by ANYBODY.

yeah. we've beaten teams that score more and gain more yards than the NYG offense--on the road.

Tough test, huge game, but they're not going to blow out a defense giving up 10 points a game over the last four games.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we're going to kick their ass. Manning is going to have one of those bad Eli games. 28-12, Niners.
When it comes to trying to figure out the 49ers I'm sick of hearing "Niners are going to have to start passing sooner or later to keep up with these high powered offenses..."

When in reality, these "high powered offenses" are more often forced into shootouts because their defense sucks major balls.

49ers will not allow shootouts, and they will keep proving that from week to week. IMO, these high-powered offenses (GB, NE, etc) will eventually get shut down, sooner or later.

Anyone see the Packers/Chargers game yesterday? Green Bay is lucky Rivers threw multiple pick 6s, and yet SD still scored like 30+ pts.
Originally posted by verb1der:
When it comes to trying to figure out the 49ers I'm sick of hearing "Niners are going to have to start passing sooner or later to keep up with these high powered offenses..."

When in reality, these "high powered offenses" are more often forced into shootouts because their defense sucks major balls.

49ers will not allow shootouts, and they will keep proving that from week to week. IMO, these high-powered offenses (GB, NE, etc) will eventually get shut down, sooner or later.

Anyone see the Packers/Chargers game yesterday? Green Bay is lucky Rivers threw multiple pick 6s, and yet SD still scored like 30+ pts.

I think Green Bay will lose at Detroit on Thanksgiving.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Here's what happens if the Niners do end up winning: The Giants were overachievers especially with all the injuries they had to endure. They were coming off an emotional win against the Patriots at Foxboro and had a letdown, especially after having to make that long trip out west. Eli is Eli and was bound to have a game like this. This win showed very little for the Niners, and their 8-1 record is deceiving since they play in the weak NFC West. signed, Merril Hodge, Tony Dungy, Deion Sanders...

Jamie Dukes

I wonder what excuses they will come up with after we beat the Ravens and Steelers.

1st we have to beat the Giants.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

i think so too.

and i hate the "shootout" thing too. the "you have to be able to score to keep up with Rodgers, etc". BULLSH*T. If Rodgers can't score, if he's not on the field, there is no shootout.

its a weird myth, a sound-bite that every talking head feels the need to say. SD got into a shootout with GB and what did it get them? A big fat loss.

The NE offense has been shut down the past 3 games they haven't scored more than 20 points in those games.
This is the best QB we will have faced since Stafford.. hopefully we can cover manningham, cruz and nicks if he plays.

Anyone see the Packers/Chargers game yesterday? Green Bay is lucky Rivers threw multiple pick 6s, and yet SD still scored like 30 pts.

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

And I just don't understand at all why these "experts" refuse to look at who the Packers have been playing, as well as failing to recognize the 49ers have not allowed any team to play a "shootout" style game against them. Just not gonna happen.
Its driving me crazy......

I soooo badly want to respond to this stuff but it requires admin approval to become a member.....

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2320022.aspx

Its not that they are flat wrong...its more that they simply only know what the talking heads on ESPN have been spouting.

...and if they do and the Niners win every game up until then....guess who has the inside track on Homefield advantage?

Why? Detroit is a common opponent.

no way
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I soooo badly want to respond to this stuff but it requires admin approval to become a member.....

Its not that they are flat wrong...its more that they simply only know what the talking heads on ESPN have been spouting.

i didn't read all of it, but it actually seems pretty reasonable, for an opposing teams message board. Sure, they don't follow the team closely, but several of those guys seem to know whats up with this team, and mostly agree its going to be a tough game. Sure, there are idiots who think that Willis is the only good player on our defense, but whatever.

I really can't wait for this game. The Detroit game felt like a playoff game, and ever since then its just been "takin' care of business." This game feels like that DET game: a midseason playoff game. Just a huge, huge game. AAAARRRGGGGHHHH can't wait.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

i didn't read all of it, but it actually seems pretty reasonable, for an opposing teams message board. Sure, they don't follow the team closely, but several of those guys seem to know whats up with this team, and mostly agree its going to be a tough game. Sure, there are idiots who think that Willis is the only good player on our defense, but whatever.

I really can't wait for this game. The Detroit game felt like a playoff game, and ever since then its just been "takin' care of business." This game feels like that DET game: a midseason playoff game. Just a huge, huge game. AAAARRRGGGGHHHH can't wait.

Agreed. Thats why I want to post there.

They seem to have more than 2 brain cells...a marked change from the Browns forums.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Agreed. Thats why I want to post there.

They seem to have more than 2 brain cells...a marked change from the Browns forums.

lol. yeah, it is hard to find fans of other teams that aren't total morons. But it makes you wonder: if they're not stupid, then why don't they root for the 49ers?
Share 49ersWebzone