LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Ray Mcdonald Resigned

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Gotta love NT, the FO is doing the right things like not overpaying players(Baas, Spikes) and resigning the ones they need to resign(McDonald, Wragge (obvious insurance policy due to Baas)) and they still get critisized.

The batch of haterade is strong today.

Excuse me---we have Alex Smith under ????Center

What Center?
but but..i thought just 20 min. ago no niners wanted to come back because our front office blows???
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hand us the lombardi

Team of the decade
Gotta love NT, the FO is doing the right things like not overpaying players(Baas, Spikes) and resigning the ones they need to resign(McDonald, Wragge (obvious insurance policy due to Baas)) and they still get critisized.

its a one year deal as a stop gap, get over it
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hand us the lombardi

Team of the decade

Dynasty
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
5 year deal? Wow. They must have high hopes for him. Maybe similar contract to Sopoaga?

Hopefully his knees don't give out. Excited though that Ray Mac finally gets to start.

[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 27, 2011 at 16:18:19 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Who is Ray Mcdonaled?
Originally posted by jrg:
Who is Ray Mcdonaled?

Some guy who quit.
Can we fix the title?!! It's mispelled. COME ON MAN!!!

[ Edited by PTulini on Jul 27, 2011 at 16:16:37 ]
I actually love this signing. 9erred being positive, what????

McDonald was in on third down, and it seemed like he always applied pressure to hurry the qb. Hopefully with more snaps, he will do more.

He is young, 26, so he is under contract until 31, good move.

Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by jrg:
Who is Ray Mcdonaled?

Some guy who quit.

good move here. glad to see that Ray Mac was signed
Thats a good move bye are GM
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

its a one year deal as a stop gap, get over it

Truth. We didn't have a center last year and that turned into a bright spot of the O-Line. The FO is playing the hand it was dealt, and doing a much better job than in the past. Not overpaying Baas was the right move and they inherited AS from the previous regime. There were no QB's on the market that were sure-fire stars, so why give up a king's ransom for someone like Kolb who could easily be a product of Philly's offense like AJ Feeley.

Anyways back on topic. Got our D-end issue solved, and our D-line aint looking so bad anymore with Ian Williams, RJF, and Soap now in the mix at NT. Tukuafu showed promise, J. Smith is still a stud, and there is sure to be a couple more signings during TC to beef up the depth.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Meh .... sustains status quo. I'm not sure it makes us better than we were last season.

No but we would be worse this season without him.
Share 49ersWebzone