LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

just heard on nfl live that the niners are intrested in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Ike Taylor's a punk. If the niners are gonna spend money on a CB, go all in for Nnamdi. He is an average CB looking for a payday... look at what happened when McFadden left the steelers pass rush.

He want to be overpaid, per Yahoo Sports "Ike Taylor is scheduled to be a free agent when the lockout ends, but he made clear on the Jim Rome is Burning show that there won't be a hometown discount. "I need that market value. I work so hard," Taylor said. "I've been through so much, I feel so unappreciated, feel so underrated at my position, I feel like it's my time to get my worth, in whatever city that's in." As for staying with the Steelers, he said, "I would love to, but they usually sign player a year before (free agency), so we'll see what happens." "

Gee it must of been so hard putting up with that crappy steelers pass rush, or that no name safety with the long flowing hair covering up the secondary's mistakes.

he was a golden player in that secondary

he only allowed 1 rd most yards he allowed a player to get is 85 by roddy white

in playoffs most he allowed is 50 to greg jennings

he stoped and shut down boldin for -2 yards

He was a player in the secondary... the golden child's name is Troy. How good was that defense without Troy playing?

Jennings caught two TD passes btw.

I didn't say he was bad, but he's just average and will expect to get paid like he is a top CB.

I would stay away from any Pittsburg player that isn't a lineman or OLB. Lately, Pitt players don't "light it up" elsewhere... they become mediocre and then get resigned by the steelers at a discount (McFadden, Foote).

Take away Troy and the secondary (and defense) is average vs the pass, even with a stellar pass rush, and Clark is probably their best player after Troy in the secondary, not Taylor.

The niners have been doing so good at not overpaying players lately.. lets not break that streak.
[ Edited by 5280High on May 24, 2011 at 3:12 PM ]
Ike Taylor's a punk. If the niners are gonna spend money on a CB, go all in for Nnamdi. He is an average CB looking for a payday... look at what happened when McFadden left the steelers pass rush.

He want to be overpaid, per Yahoo Sports "Ike Taylor is scheduled to be a free agent when the lockout ends, but he made clear on the Jim Rome is Burning show that there won't be a hometown discount. "I need that market value. I work so hard," Taylor said. "I've been through so much, I feel so unappreciated, feel so underrated at my position, I feel like it's my time to get my worth, in whatever city that's in." As for staying with the Steelers, he said, "I would love to, but they usually sign player a year before (free agency), so we'll see what happens." "

Gee it must of been so hard putting up with that crappy steelers pass rush, or that no name safety with the long flowing hair covering up the secondary's mistakes.

He was a player in the secondary... the golden child's name is Troy. How good was that defense without Troy playing?

I didn't say he was bad, but he's just average and will expect to get paid like he is a top CB.

I would stay away from any Pittsburg player that isn't a lineman or OLB. Lately, Pitt players don't "light it up" elsewhere... they become mediocre and then get resigned by the steelers at a discount (McFadden, Foote).

Take away Troy and the secondary (and defense) is average vs the pass, even with a stellar pass rush, and Clark is probably their best player after Troy in the secondary, not Taylor.

agree 100%, i honestly dont see taylor as a upgrade over clements or spencer, not talking about stats cus they play on different D's, clements or spencer in pitt's D would have better stats than him IMO, havng said that i'm not naive to the fact that we need a corner, ike taylor is just the least exciting one available in my mind
Originally posted by crabman82:

agree 100%, i honestly dont see taylor as a upgrade over clements or spencer, not talking about stats cus they play on different D's, clements or spencer in pitt's D would have better stats than him IMO, havng said that i'm not naive to the fact that we need a corner, ike taylor is just the least exciting one available in my mind

You do bring up a great point on how our CB's were used compared to the Steelers. However, Ike can come right in and play. Clements will take some time, I imagine and he'd getting up there in age.
just looked up taylors age, hes a 31 yr old corner looking 2 get paid, i'd pass all day long
just looked up taylors age, hes a 31 yr old corner looking 2 get paid, i'd pass all day long

namdi is gonna be 30 this season as well

id rather have joesph namdi or grimes but taylor is definitally a person i would love to see in our secondary next year

id rather have joesph namdi or grimes but taylor is definitally a person i would love to see in our secondary next year

nnamdi is also widely regarded as a top 2 or 3 cb, taylor isnt, i know we wont spend for nnamdi so my 2 top choices would be joesph or marshall from carolina
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for highway49.
Just don't see our FO making a run to get Namdi at all, and not get in a bidding war with dallas , "skins or whoever imo.

cosigned.

nnamdi is also widely regarded as a top 2 or 3 cb, taylor isnt, i know we wont spend for nnamdi so my 2 top choices would be joesph or marshall from carolina

This.
I've been calling this for almost 3 months now. We're gonna get Ike, he's gonna be the next Walt Harris/productive CB-book-end until we draft a knock-out corner within the next 2-3 years.

He's just too perfect for Fangio's scheme, would love to pick this guy up really, really bad.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on May 24, 2011 at 3:59 PM ]

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Prospector:
If Clements doesn't restructure, he ties up too much salary cap and hurts us in our ability to land free agents. Just look at the 2011 salary list .

clements publicly stated he will take a paycut

I don't recall that at all.

-9fA

Quote:
What kind of reduction he’ll have to take to meet the team’s demands, well, who knows. Clements just knows he wants to be back.

“Absolutely," Clements he told Brown. "I never said I didn't. That's not really an issue."

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the article.

-9fA
Quote:
just heard on nfl live that the niners are intrested in

WINNING
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Shouldn't this thread be in the free agency section.
Originally posted by Prospector:
If Clements doesn't restructure, he ties up too much salary cap and hurts us in our ability to land free agents. Just look at the 2011 salary list .

clements publicly stated he will take a paycut

I don't recall that at all.

-9fA

Quote:
What kind of reduction he’ll have to take to meet the team’s demands, well, who knows. Clements just knows he wants to be back.

“Absolutely," Clements he told Brown. "I never said I didn't. That's not really an issue."

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the article.

-9fA
Taylor might end up being another Larry Brown (former Dallas CB and Superbowl MVP) if he leaves the Steelers. You may recall Brown left the Cowboys after he was Superbowl MVP for Oakland and bombed when he got to Oakland. I agree that Pittsburghs pass rush helps Taylor alot, similar to Haley and the Dallas pass rush helped the Cowboys back then. Oakland had no pass rush when they acquired Brown and I consider the Niners to not have any pass rush now because Aldon Smith is an unknown commodity. There are too many similarities imo between the two and I don't think it would work out the way the Niners wanted it. At this point I wouldn't take any chances. You either get a proven pass rusher in free agency,if there even is one, AND Ike taylor or you you make a run for Nnamdi.
Share 49ersWebzone