There are 189 users in the forums

just heard on nfl live that the niners are intrested in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by E-49er:
Taylor might end up being another Larry Brown (former Dallas CB and Superbowl MVP) if he leaves the Steelers. You may recall Brown left the Cowboys after he was Superbowl MVP for Oakland and bombed when he got to Oakland. I agree that Pittsburghs pass rush helps Taylor alot, similar to Haley and the Dallas pass rush helped the Cowboys back then. Oakland had no pass rush when they acquired Brown and I consider the Niners to not have any pass rush now because Aldon Smith is an unknown commodity. There are too many similarities imo between the two and I don't think it would work out the way the Niners wanted it. At this point I wouldn't take any chances. You either get a proven pass rusher in free agency,if there even is one, AND Ike taylor or you you make a run for Nnamdi.

Agree. By that same rationale, I think Grimes (ATL) would become an elite CB behind a consistent pass rush. He's already eased his way into the Pro Bowl behind a sketchy Falcon defense.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Prospector:
If Clements doesn't restructure, he ties up too much salary cap and hurts us in our ability to land free agents. Just look at the 2011 salary list .

clements publicly stated he will take a paycut

I don't recall that at all.

-9fA

Quote:
What kind of reduction he’ll have to take to meet the team’s demands, well, who knows. Clements just knows he wants to be back.

“Absolutely," Clements he told Brown. "I never said I didn't. That's not really an issue."

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the article.

-9fA

The article is taken out of context. Read the Mercury News not the Yahoo article:

Quote:
Like quarterback Alex Smith, cornerback Nate Clements is acting as if he will be back with the 49ers despite an unresolved contract situation.

During a break in workouts with a handful of 49ers teammates Monday, Clements said he wants to return in 2011.

“Absolutely,’’ Clements said. “I never said I didn’t. That’s not really an issue.”
.................................................................................................................

On Monday Clements, like Smith, cited the ongoing NFL labor talks in declining to comment specifically about his contract.

Mercury News Article on Clements

He's saying he never said he didn't want to be back with the 49ers. That's not an issue. What the issue is, and what he never mentioned, was what he wants to be paid/and what the 49ers are willing to pay for him. Yahoo just jumped on the quote and interpreted it however they felt fit.

Example:
Quote:
Nate Clements hates how his contract (8 years; 80 million) has left him with a target on his back. When Travisty13 questioned if he still wanted to give Travisty13 at least 10 million dollars to remain a fan of his, Clements gladly obliged.

“Absolutely,’’ Clements said. “I never said I didn’t. That’s not really an issue.”

See how is can be interpreted anyway you want. Clements was just saying he wants to be back. His contract wasn't a part of the interview.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Prospector:
If Clements doesn't restructure, he ties up too much salary cap and hurts us in our ability to land free agents. Just look at the 2011 salary list .

clements publicly stated he will take a paycut

I don't recall that at all.

-9fA

Quote:
What kind of reduction he’ll have to take to meet the team’s demands, well, who knows. Clements just knows he wants to be back.

“Absolutely," Clements he told Brown. "I never said I didn't. That's not really an issue."

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the article.

-9fA

The article is taken out of context. Read the Mercury News not the Yahoo article:

Quote:
Like quarterback Alex Smith, cornerback Nate Clements is acting as if he will be back with the 49ers despite an unresolved contract situation.

During a break in workouts with a handful of 49ers teammates Monday, Clements said he wants to return in 2011.

.................................................................................................................

On Monday Clements, like Smith, cited the ongoing NFL labor talks in declining to comment specifically about his contract.

Mercury News Article on Clements

He's saying he never said he didn't want to be back with the 49ers. That's not an issue. What the issue is, and what he never mentioned, was what he wants to be paid/and what the 49ers are willing to pay for him. Yahoo just jumped on the quote and interpreted it however they felt fit.

Example:
Quote:
Nate Clements hates how his contract (8 years; 80 million) has left him with a target on his back. When Travisty13 questioned if he still wanted to give Travisty13 at least 10 million dollars to remain a fan of his, Clements gladly obliged.

See how is can be interpreted anyway you want. Clements was just saying he wants to be back. His contract wasn't a part of the interview.

clements is under contract he knows its about taking a paycut otherwise he would say wtf im uunder contract instead of saying yes thats not an issue

that has to be reffering to the paycut
Originally posted by susweel:
Ike Taylor is very average, that excellent Pittsburgh pass rush makes him look better then he really is.
much rather have Joesph from the Bengals than him
Rather throw all the cash at the number corner Nnamdi Asomugha or settle for Johnathan Joseph. Also redo Nate Clements contract, and let Culliver and Spencer compete for the nickel.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Carlos Rogers from Washington would be a better look than Taylor at this point in my opinion.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Carlos Rogers from Washington would be a better look than Taylor at this point in my opinion.

that guy cant catch a cold dont get me wrong i would love to have him he is a great cover corner but ike taylor fits our needs better he is a press corner which is what we need with our new defesnve scheme

my choises are

namdi joepsh taylor grimes and cromatie
Originally posted by alexsmithhofer:
Baas is not signed beyond this upcoming season, so we needed a G anyway.

Mostly Baas was mis-managed by Nolan, who ruined any chance of him to develop into a good player.

So yes, he's more or less a bust, but I don't blame Baas as much as I blame Nolan.

I think a lot of our players were mismanaged. Baas should've been Center long ago, Lloyd, possibly Alex, Heittman (was a very very good guard although he still excelled), Ice, Westbrook, and I know I have probably missed more.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
much rather have Joesph from the Bengals than him

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Tell me why can't we have both I. Taylor AND Clements. I mean, with Taylor's age, I doubt he commands that high of a contract, especially with a CB rich free agency. With that said, I'd much rather have Joseph or Cromartie more than Taylor.
Ike is average but last year we would have died for Spencer or Nate to be average. I'd rather have Joseph or Cromartie.
no love for richard marshall of the panthers? i'm telling ya this guy can cover, throw nnamdi out the window they're not getting in a bidding war
Originally posted by crabman82:
no love for richard marshall of the panthers? i'm telling ya this guy can cover, throw nnamdi out the window they're not getting in a bidding war

I would love Nnamdi, but for the same price I would like to land both Marshall and Joseph.
Originally posted by crabman82:

I think he might be restricted. I agree with you though if available go after him.
Share 49ersWebzone