LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 248 users in the forums

just heard on nfl live that the niners are intrested in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Clements doesn't restructure, he ties up too much salary cap and hurts us in our ability to land free agents. Just look at the 2011 salary list .
Originally posted by Prospector:
If Clements doesn't restructure, he ties up too much salary cap and hurts us in our ability to land free agents. Just look at the 2011 salary list .

clements publicly stated he will take a paycut
the subject on NFL live was "moves that should happen". It was pure speculation by john clayton.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I don't recall that at all.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I don't recall that at all.

-9fA

Quote:
What kind of reduction he’ll have to take to meet the team’s demands, well, who knows. Clements just knows he wants to be back.

“Absolutely," Clements he told Brown. "I never said I didn't. That's not really an issue."
Come on guys...Ike is a (real) 3-4 fit. Again, there is so much focus on individual play.

Ike is a system's guy who if we nabbed, would need ZERO training. Good systems are built to groom great system's players and NO organiation knows this better than us (see WCO).

Look at the Steelers of today. Each year they draft essentially (no-name) guys who are groomed and who are great fits for THEIR systems and are developed properly. That shift in our thinking needs to change again...it certainly will with the WCO and now is with Fangio's 3-4; looking at guys such as Ike Taylor is a perfect example of how the defense is making that shift right now...like the WCO...and this is a GOOD THING!
[ Edited by NCommand on May 24, 2011 at 2:31 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Come on guys...Ike is a (real) 3-4 fit. Again, there is so much focus on individual play.

Ike is a system's guy who if we nabbed, would need ZERO training. Good systems are buil to groom great system's players and NO organiation knows this better than us (see WCO).

Look at the Steelers of today. Each year they draft essentially (no-name) guys who are groomed and who are great fits for THEIR systems. and are developed. That shift in our thinking needs to change again...it certainly will with the WCO and with Fangio's 3-4, looking at guys like Taylor is a perfect example of how the defense is making that shift as well...like the WCO...and this is a GOOD THING!

he is a system guy, we're trying to run a similar system but we dont execute it, my point is without the pass rush a cb like him is useless
[ Edited by crabman82 on May 24, 2011 at 2:32 PM ]
Ike Taylor's a punk. If the niners are gonna spend money on a CB, go all in for Nnamdi. He is an average CB looking for a payday... look at what happened when McFadden left the steelers pass rush.

He wants to be overpaid, per Yahoo Sports "Ike Taylor is scheduled to be a free agent when the lockout ends, but he made clear on the Jim Rome is Burning show that there won't be a hometown discount. "I need that market value. I work so hard," Taylor said. "I've been through so much, I feel so unappreciated, feel so underrated at my position, I feel like it's my time to get my worth, in whatever city that's in." As for staying with the Steelers, he said, "I would love to, but they usually sign player a year before (free agency), so we'll see what happens." "

Gee it must of been so hard putting up with that crappy steelers pass rush, or that no name safety with the long flowing hair covering up the secondary's mistakes. Pass.
[ Edited by 5280High on May 24, 2011 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
Ike Taylor's a punk. If the niners are gonna spend money on a CB, go all in for Nnamdi. He is an average CB looking for a payday... look at what happened when McFadden left the steelers pass rush.

He want to be overpaid, per Yahoo Sports "Ike Taylor is scheduled to be a free agent when the lockout ends, but he made clear on the Jim Rome is Burning show that there won't be a hometown discount. "I need that market value. I work so hard," Taylor said. "I've been through so much, I feel so unappreciated, feel so underrated at my position, I feel like it's my time to get my worth, in whatever city that's in." As for staying with the Steelers, he said, "I would love to, but they usually sign player a year before (free agency), so we'll see what happens." "

Gee it must of been so hard putting up with that crappy steelers pass rush, or that no name safety with the long flowing hair covering up the secondary's mistakes.

he was a golden player in that secondary

he only allowed 1 rd most yards he allowed a player to get is 85 by roddy white

in playoffs most he allowed is 50 to greg jennings

he stoped and shut down boldin for -2 yards
Originally posted by 5280High:

He wants to be overpaid, per Yahoo Sports "Ike Taylor is scheduled to be a free agent when the lockout ends, but he made clear on the Jim Rome is Burning show that there won't be a hometown discount. "I need that market value. I work so hard," Taylor said. "I've been through so much, I feel so unappreciated, feel so underrated at my position, I feel like it's my time to get my worth, in whatever city that's in." As for staying with the Steelers, he said, "I would love to, but they usually sign player a year before (free agency), so we'll see what happens." "

Gee it must of been so hard putting up with that crappy steelers pass rush, or that no name safety with the long flowing hair covering up the secondary's mistakes. Pass.

Maybe he feels like he has been in the shadow of Troy P. and guys like Harrison? If he goes to a team like us and he plays well he will be more recognized? Not sure that that would even actually happen. just saying though.

just think if pitt aint gonna pay 4 him, why should we? they are vey good at recognizing when a player is no longer super valuable to them
Originally posted by crabman82:
just think if pitt aint gonna pay 4 him, why should we? they are vey good at recognizing when a player is no longer super valuable to them

they want to pay for him

he does not like pit
If we don't sign namdi, Spencer is going to be our best cover corner. I just hope that he has a breakout season something like 7-10 picks.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
"touchdown on ike tayyyylor" - Lil Wayne

Lmao
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Ike is a system's guy who if we nabbed, would need ZERO training. Good systems are buil to groom great system's players and NO organiation knows this better than us (see WCO).

Look at the Steelers of today. Each year they draft essentially (no-name) guys who are groomed and who are great fits for THEIR systems. and are developed. That shift in our thinking needs to change again...it certainly will with the WCO and with Fangio's 3-4, looking at guys like Taylor is a perfect example of how the defense is making that shift as well...like the WCO...and this is a GOOD THING!

he is a system guy, we're trying to run a similar system but we dont execute it, my point is without the pass rush a cb like him is useless

My point is that it's nice to see us not selling out for a Clements and then using him incorrectly but looking at systems guys that can come right in and do well. And re: the pass rush, much of that is their defensive design and we have yet to see how that will work here in SF under Fangio but we certainly have players who can get after the QB if used properly (Willis, Smith x2, Brooks, LaBoy, Mays, both CB's, etc.)
Share 49ersWebzone