LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

just heard on nfl live that the niners are intrested in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I'd rather just keep Nate at a reduced salary, but if that's not an option, Taylor could be an adequate alternative. Wouldn't get excited about it though.

if nate takes a paycut like he says i think we can have both

i would be extremely excited about that

CB1ike taylor or clements (TC battle)
CB2 clements or taylor
CB 3: spencer

thats a great cb tandem there

We need the fix the back end! Are Dline is old and are lb's are young and a secondary is like watching old guys in wheel chairs out their. We need to fix the Defense, actually it needs an overhaul.
Now the offense is young, which is a plus cause now we also have a possible qb in colin, with a young oline and young wr/tightend groups, with frank. We need to get a true replacement for frank and norris and racheal if he can't get it togather! Man i want some football i think are talent is the best i've seen since 2002! With an possible coaching staff that atleast knows what an x and o is!!!
oh yeah I forgot all about Richard Marshall. Getting both Joseph and Marshall will be better then getting Asomugha. Both young both better then anything on this roster.
Ike Taylor said he "definitely" wants to sign a long-term deal to remain in Pittsburgh, and the veteran cornerback -- set to hit the free-agent market once football operations resume -- believes the Steelers have every intention of bringing him back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fd0a4d/article/steelers-cb-taylor-definitely-wants-to-remain-in-pittsburgh
How is this not in the Free Agency forum?

What am I missing?
quote=DaDivaRecieva15]"touchdown on ike tayyyylor" - Lil Wayne

[
umm ... ike taylor sucks...
[ Edited by Faceless on May 26, 2011 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Ike Taylor is very average, that excellent Pittsburgh pass rush makes him look better then he really is.

Not to be pessimistic but I agree with this.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Ike Taylor's a punk. If the niners are gonna spend money on a CB, go all in for Nnamdi. He is an average CB looking for a payday... look at what happened when McFadden left the steelers pass rush.

He wants to be overpaid, per Yahoo Sports "Ike Taylor is scheduled to be a free agent when the lockout ends, but he made clear on the Jim Rome is Burning show that there won't be a hometown discount. "I need that market value. I work so hard," Taylor said. "I've been through so much, I feel so unappreciated, feel so underrated at my position, I feel like it's my time to get my worth, in whatever city that's in." As for staying with the Steelers, he said, "I would love to, but they usually sign player a year before (free agency), so we'll see what happens." "

Gee it must of been so hard putting up with that crappy steelers pass rush, or that no name safety with the long flowing hair covering up the secondary's mistakes. Pass.

Maybe he feels like he has been in the shadow of Troy P. and guys like Harrison? If he goes to a team like us and he plays well he will be more recognized? Not sure that that would even actually happen. just saying though.

It's a stats thing. Ike has ball skills and is great at deflecting it away from the WR, but he doesn't get a lot of INT's - and those are what stand out on the stat sheets. So if you don't actually watch the Steelers, you don't realize how good Ike actually is.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Ike Taylor's a punk. If the niners are gonna spend money on a CB, go all in for Nnamdi. He is an average CB looking for a payday... look at what happened when McFadden left the steelers pass rush.

He wants to be overpaid, per Yahoo Sports "Ike Taylor is scheduled to be a free agent when the lockout ends, but he made clear on the Jim Rome is Burning show that there won't be a hometown discount. "I need that market value. I work so hard," Taylor said. "I've been through so much, I feel so unappreciated, feel so underrated at my position, I feel like it's my time to get my worth, in whatever city that's in." As for staying with the Steelers, he said, "I would love to, but they usually sign player a year before (free agency), so we'll see what happens." "

Gee it must of been so hard putting up with that crappy steelers pass rush, or that no name safety with the long flowing hair covering up the secondary's mistakes. Pass.

Maybe he feels like he has been in the shadow of Troy P. and guys like Harrison? If he goes to a team like us and he plays well he will be more recognized? Not sure that that would even actually happen. just saying though.

It's a stats thing. Ike has ball skills and is great at deflecting it away from the WR, but he doesn't get a lot of INT's - and those are what stand out on the stat sheets. So if you don't actually watch the Steelers, you don't realize how good Ike actually is.

His stats are still pretty solid regardless of int's, and the steelers are one of the more televised teams in the league. He just comes with a high degree of risk due to that specific defense. It's similar to looking at Emmitt Smith... would he of been that good if another O-line was infront of him? How many other RB's in the league could of had the same production or better if they were behind that HOF line. On the opposite side you had Barry Sanders who did what he did on the Lions, switch the two and who knows if Emmitt has anywhere near similar success.

All other things equal, I'd rather go with the player on the worse team as he has produced with less talent/support around them.

His stats are still pretty solid regardless of int's, and the steelers are one of the more televised teams in the league. He just comes with a high degree of risk due to that specific defense. It's similar to looking at Emmitt Smith... would he of been that good if another O-line was infront of him? How many other RB's in the league could of had the same production or better if they were behind that HOF line. On the opposite side you had Barry Sanders who did what he did on the Lions, switch the two and who knows if Emmitt has anywhere near similar success.

All other things equal, I'd rather go with the player on the worse team as he has produced with less talent/support around them.

Switch the two and I think we may be speaking of Barry as the GOAT as opposed to Jerry.

Originally posted by WINiner:

Switch the two and I think we may be speaking of Barry as the GOAT as opposed to Jerry.

Truth
Originally posted by alexsmithhofer:
Please CBS, put me on Survivor!
My name is Bret and I applied in the open casting call for Survivor in Mishawaka, Indiana on 1-8-05, which was hosted by WSBT TV and Meijer. Hobbies: Weight Lifting - Biking - Running - Fishing

It was a cold morning, only 27 degrees when I arrived around 7:30 am, even though the Survivor auditions were from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., so I could assure that I would have a chance. When I arrived and saw that the line was already considerable in size, and was glad to be there early.

I want to be the Ultimate Survivor, and I know I have what it takes to outwit, outplay and outlast in the game!

The picture to the right is of the line in front of me, and the one below is the line behind me. I made a nice panorama shot out of two pictures below, so you could see how long the line really was. Glad I wasn't all the way back there, because it was a long cold wait.

Surviving My Survivor Camera Auditions
I wish I could do the Survivor audition tape over again. It was more difficult than you might think. After standing in the cold for three hours, I finally got to come inside and throw my coat on a chair and run up in front of the Survivor camera. I had hat hair, but so did most of the others. Please give me a call back so I can show you the real me!

I filled out my application flawlessly, or so I think. :)
I still had my passport from when I applied to Survivor 2 in the Outback, so I am ready to go.

I have watched every episode from the very first show to now. My favorite shows on TV are Survivor, The Apprentice, and Fear Factor.
How I would Feed the Tribe

My Fishing Ability:

I am an experienced fisherman, and have been fishing since I was 5 years old. There are two small peaceful lakes by my house that do not allow gas engines, so I can enjoy long quite summer days bass fishing. My wife and son like to fish for blue gills, but I prefer a more challenging fish like bass.

On this mount is an 8 pound 24 inch bass I caught, at the lake by my house, on 8 pound line with a purple rubber worm.

In Survivor, I am willing to spend long hours fishing to feed the Survivor tribe. I am there to work hard and will not complain about it, like many I have seen on previous Survivor shows.

How I Would Win Challenges
My Physical Fitness Level:

I have a gym member ship and lift weights 5 days a week. I enjoy distance running and 30 mile bike rides. Plus, have competed in several triathlons, which is usually a half mile swim, 26 mile bike, finished by a 6 mile run.

Survivor the Mental Game

My Negotiating Experience:

I was a new car salesman and received years of training classes on negotiating, and was consistently one of the top salesmen at the dealership. I have sales and negotiating to an art form, and have learned to make customers comfortable in dealing with me.

When I saw Brian the car salesman win Survivor 5 I knew I could do it, because he used many of the same negotiating techniques, and I also saw many of the same mannerisms.

Now I design ecommerce web sites all over the country and even the world. I still keep my negotiating skills fresh by selling web sites instead of cars. Plus, working with computers allows me to work with my mind. I have great math skills and a terrific memory. I was tested in 2003 and found to have a 136 IQ Score.

I can use this negotiating ability and experience to win Survivor.
I had applied for Survivor 2 the Outback, so now it is time for me to be choosen.

Please Put Me on Survivor

In Conclusion:

By building this web page I believe I am already outwitting and outplaying the other competitors before the game begins. Anyone could have used the Internet as their venue to be seen.

I am in the best shape of my life.
I own my own business and can leave for Survivor at anytime!

I will eat anything!
I will do anything!
And I will win reward challenges, and become the Ultimate Survivor.

Thank you CBS and Survivor for your consideration and time!

Sincerely,
Bret Fencl

How does this have ANYTHING to do with the Niners apparent interest in Ike Taylor!?!
Originally posted by alexsmithhofer:
[ Edited by 5280High on May 27, 2011 at 10:16 AM ]
Anyways back on topic... Ike taylor is quicker than nate, but since the steelers are on T.V so much out here on the east coast, he is forever getting beat it seems like. Once or twice a game, along with a lot of pass interference calls. Add all his P.I calls, to the fact that Nate gets a lot of them, and we will have lots of penalties on our defense.
[ Edited by Janitor on May 27, 2011 at 3:53 PM ]
wonder if we can get asomha to cross the bay tho ..
Share 49ersWebzone