There are 499 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jed York, and his habit of putting his foot in his mouth

Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Well offering 6 mil is saying money is no object, but mia offering 7 is a lil much for a college coach that is barley over .500 at Stanford. 29-21 record. not say i dont want him but mia is playing the bluff game to raise the stakes.

Plus chicken little JH has not signed with anyone else yet. so relax

THANK You, I just said something similar in the HeadCoach thread. This guy has done NOTHING in the NFL and he's being offered 7-8 Mill a year? That's f**king crazy money for a guy right out of college......

Everybody remembers Erickson right? He was pretty good in college, does anyone wanna offer him 8 mill a year?

Besides, I'd rather see Billick get the job.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Well offering 6 mil is saying money is no object, but mia offering 7 is a lil much for a college coach that is barley over .500 at Stanford. 29-21 record. not say i dont want him but mia is playing the bluff game to raise the stakes.

THANK You, I just said something similar in the HeadCoach thread. This guy has done NOTHING in the NFL and he's being offered 7-8 Mill a year? That's f**king crazy money for a guy right out of college......

Everybody remembers Erickson right? He was pretty good in college, does anyone wanna offer him 8 mill a year?

Harbaugh is really dumb not to accept pete carroll money. if he's just money hungry then let him walk and hire Billick or McDaniels

I wouldn't be mad if billick got it, but he would be like 5th choice on my list.

I really want a fresh minded coach, I wish there was another todd haley out there.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Much like the guy on KNBR. I want a guy that wants to be here. If money all Harbaugh cares about. Let him go..

lmao

get outta here with that bulls**t

if we are offering 6.5 million and the Fins say they will offer a million more, of course Harbaugh is gonna take that extra million. He is the hottest coach out there right now

Everyone here would do the same thing

This.

You know who wanted to be here? Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary. Pay the man; money is the only thing that talks.

Pete Carroll is essentially the same..got paid 6.5 million

Nick Saban when he signed with the phins got paid 4.5-5 million, which back in 2005 was prolly top 5 salaries

Hot Coaches will get that kind of Money, Jed should have expected this.

Billick would guarantee mediocrity or worse.

Pete Carroll got $7.5 and Harbaugh IMHO has way more potential, since Carroll was not great with the Pats.

This is a big test for "money is no object" Jed. Does he really want the hottest thing out there? Or for a few million is he ready to blow his chance at a good team and a stadium, and follow recent family tradition?
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
It's a business, it's all about money!

money talks and bullsh!t runs the marathon
He's a York. What did you expect?

• rob28
  • Veteran
"Jed York, and his habit of putting his foot in his mouth"

possibly tomorrow: "harbaugh accepts deal to become niners head coach"

that would be putting your foot in your mouth.
Originally posted by rob28:
"Jed York, and his habit of putting his foot in his mouth"

possibly tomorrow: "harbaugh accepts deal to become niners head coach"

that would be putting your foot in your mouth.

for once as a fan i would like to wrong about Jed. I'll man up. nothing wrong with that. but time and time again we all know how far Jed likes to go to get new personnel down at 4949 centennial way....
I haven't heard anywhere that York offered more than 4.5 per year. I think going in York should have figured on starting at what Pete Carroll makes.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Originally posted by WestCoast:

Harbaugh is really dumb not to accept pete carroll money. if he's just money hungry then let him walk and hire Billick or McDaniels

Mcdaniels NO! He would trade Willis for tim tebow... NO thanks that guys a head case... I'd rather watch jed match their offer and sign him already... Quit f**king around match the offer ink the contract and quit screwing this up jed before another team like dallas joins in!!!
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:
Originally posted by bracus:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
"Niners will win the division and make the playoffs"

Niners were 3rd in NFC West. No playoffs.

"We will get an experienced GM".

Trent Baakle was hired, who has NO experience being a GM.

"Money is no object."

Might lose Harbaugh to the Dolphins, who are offering a higher salary...

I'm getting tired of these lies!!!

Feel free to add...

"This is the last time our season ends in December"

he didn't lie about that...

it ended much sooner than December...

Technically, our last game was January 2nd.