Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's a York. What did you expect?

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by louis87:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Much like the guy on KNBR. I want a guy that wants to be here. If money all Harbaugh cares about. Let him go..

That weak talk. No head coach wants to be "be somewhere". They go where they have an good opportunity to win and get paid the $$$

well then SF is the better choice. this is the easiest route to the playoffs and the best opportunity to show turn around o quickly. you do realize that 3 of the 4 team in this division has been in the super bowl 4 outta the last 11 yrs.just a slight improvement in coaching and we're a 10 win team.
Plus on top of that his whole staff doesn't have to leave their current homes and will most likely get a pay raise. and 3rd they get the opportunity to keep kicking pete carrol's ass 2x a yr. whats is better than that? hell in the AFC east you gotta win your division just to get into the playoffs.
If we don't get Harbaugh, I won't be necessarily too upset that we didn't get him (because he's an unproven NFL HC), I'd more upset about the Niners, once again failing to do something they sought out to do.

If the Niners don't land Harbaugh, we will be the laughing stock of the NFL (and yes, more so than we are right now)
I just can't believe that they would rush (and yes they rushed) to sign Baalke if they didn't have Harbaugh in the bag. What a f**kin joke.
How is this in any way jed's fault? He's apparently offering Harbaugh what he wants...right? harbaugh just feels he should at least listen to what Ross offers him.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
How is this in any way jed's fault? He's apparently offering Harbaugh what he wants...right? harbaugh just feels he should at least listen to what Ross offers him.

Jed is an idiot, coaches don't go talk to another team because they liked your offer. He lost JH, and now he is stuck with a GM that was already here and no plan to move forward with the coaching search.

I can't belive he tried to low ball JH with a $4.5 millon after Stanford offered him a 5 year $15 million (which is $3 million a year). I wonder if Jed offered him a 3 year deal which would mean that Stanford even offered more!

The Yorks are cheap and clueless when it comes to football, they should be operating malls or some fast food burger chain.

We are screwed gentlemen...

49ers = $4.5 Million / Year.

Dolphins = $8.0 Million / Year.

Which would you choose?...
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Jed is an idiot, coaches don't go talk to another team because they liked your offer. He lost JH, and now he is stuck with a GM that was already here and no plan to move forward with the coaching search.

I can't belive he tried to low ball JH with a $4.5 millon after Stanford offered him a 5 year $15 million (which is $3 million a year). I wonder if Jed offered him a 3 year deal which would mean that Stanford even offered more!

The Yorks are cheap and clueless when it comes to football, they should be operating malls or some fast food burger chain

Why does any of this surprise you? Don't tell me you bought the fumbling water bottle press conference?...

way to flub the numbers.

49ers= $6.5 Million/ Year.

Dolphins= $7 Million/ Year.

Not having to move my family across the country, staying in California and following the great Bill Walsh's footstep>>>> an additional $.5 Million

way to flub the numbers.

Not having to move my family across the country, staying in California and following the great Bill Walsh's footstep>>>> an additional $.5 Million

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/dolphins-crashi.html

"According to the report, the Dolphins are prepared to make Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in the league with yearly salary between $7 and $8 million. The 49ers were believed to be negotiating based on the deal that former USC coach Pete Carroll struck with the Seahawks last year, one that pays him $6.5 million annually. The NFL Network, however, reported that the offer was $4.5 million a year."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/dolphins-crashi.html#ixzz1AERSbXpD

• Veteran

way to flub the numbers.

Where did you get 6.5 mil?
Originally posted by 190836:

way to flub the numbers.

He made it up and didn't read the articles...

way to flub the numbers.

misread an article. After re-reading it, it said Harbaugh was SEEKING $6.5 Million. My bad I just saw numbers while skimming the article. Carry on.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

The Yorks are cheap and clueless when it comes to football, they should be operating malls or some fast food burger chain.

that trolling my friend. just wondering the length of the deal makes everything you say worthless. i mean if you get a text o something that tells yu that you may have an offfer for more thn 7 mil a yr then you would tell the other team that you would get back with them. you have to atleast find ut how serious they are about this offer. anything else would be plain stupid. especially from a state with no state tax.

way to flub the numbers.

misread an article. After re-reading it, it said Harbaugh was SEEKING $6.5 Million. My bad I just saw numbers while skimming the article. Carry on.

We offered him $4.5 Million. The Dolphins offered him between $7 - $8 Million if required to land him.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

Hmmmmmmm... I wonder what to choose there?

Share 49ersWebzone