Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
How is this in any way jed's fault? He's apparently offering Harbaugh what he wants...right? harbaugh just feels he should at least listen to what Ross offers him.

49ers = $4.5 Million / Year.

Dolphins = $8.0 Million / Year.

Which would you choose?...

way to flub the numbers.

49ers= $6.5 Million/ Year.

Dolphins= $7 Million/ Year.

Not having to move my family across the country, staying in California and following the great Bill Walsh's footstep>>>> an additional $.5 Million
Where did you get 6.5 mil?

He made it up and didn't read the articles...

misread an article. After re-reading it, it said Harbaugh was SEEKING $6.5 Million. My bad I just saw numbers while skimming the article. Carry on.

We offered him $4.5 Million. The Dolphins offered him between $7 - $8 Million if required to land him.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

Hmmmmmmm... I wonder what to choose there?

well since he hasnt signed with them or any rumor that he iis close to signing with MIA. i would say that this is a big bluff from the Tuna to help his homie out.
How is this in any way jed's fault? He's apparently offering Harbaugh what he wants...right? harbaugh just feels he should at least listen to what Ross offers him.

way to flub the numbers.

Not having to move my family across the country, staying in California and following the great Bill Walsh's footstep>>>> an additional $.5 Million

misread an article. After re-reading it, it said Harbaugh was SEEKING $6.5 Million. My bad I just saw numbers while skimming the article. Carry on.

We offered him $4.5 Million. The Dolphins offered him between $7 - $8 Million if required to land him.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

yeaa I got that when I actually read the article instead of skimming over it. I guess you didn't read my post.

way to flub the numbers.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

yeaa I got that when I actually read the article instead of skimming over it. I guess you didn't read my post.

Which would you choose for yourself and your family?...

way to flub the numbers.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

some individuals on NT live in a fantasy land where making double the salary isnt imporant, and where Alex Smith is a pro-bowl caliber qb with miss-handling. That said, don't get too swept away here.

If the 49ers choose to make a SERIOUS run at, quite possibly, the hottest coaching candidate to come along in a few years... they have to put together a blockbuster deal.

We already have such a weak front office and poor reputation. It's so bad that people are actually warning Harbaugh to stay away from us.

When teams with decent front offices and decent rosters can offer an enormous amount of money, we need to at least keep pace with them if we want to make a serious run at him.

I don't know if the allure of staying in the Bay Area, coaching against Pete Carroll, following in Bill Walsh' footsteps, and a very talented roster is worth $3+ million annually. The 49ers need to sweeten the deal a little if they're serious.
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:

way to flub the numbers.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

some individuals on NT live in a fantasy land where making double the salary isnt imporant, and where Alex Smith is a pro-bowl caliber qb with miss-handling. That said, don't get too swept away here.

Taking $4.5 instead of $8.0 is better because you can life in CA...

way to flub the numbers.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

And actually be making 2.1 million.

way to flub the numbers.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

I'm biased, I would obviously choose the $4.5 to be the HC of the 49ers. Also I have no interest in living in Miami. Also keep in mind that Harbaugh also has to think about his staff.

way to flub the numbers.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

Yea, bc the climate is so much different than Miami :) lol.

I'll risk a couple hurricanes in lieu of the same weather and climate with 3 times what i made in the college ranks.... unproven mind you. CBA?? We're probably having a lockout and the fins are putting up 8mil a year for an unproven hc.

In retrospect.... Not to drudge up any real in-depth analysis here but Pete Carrol was a champ in USC right? What's this... 3 times in the NFL? No championships to date...

What's his salary?

I feel like my IQ is starting to be impacted by pro sports. I'm gonna go make friends with Nate Davis.

way to flub the numbers.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

I'm biased, I would obviously choose the $4.5 to be the HC of the 49ers. Also I have no interest in living in Miami. Also keep in mind that Harbaugh also has to think about his staff.

$4.5 Million > $8.0 Million and a tax free state...

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for longtime49erfan.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
It's a business, it's all about money!

Not necessarily. If Harbaugh is offered another million a year to move his family to the east coast and work with a team that is less than the ideal design for his coaching style... well, he will certainly consider other factors.

So if the 49ers, for example, are willing to match the Miami offer, or even come close to it, then I suspect Harbaugh would prefer to remain in the Bay area.

This isn't a closed bidding process. Whatever Miami offers, the 49ers will have the opportunity to make a counteroffer. If Jed is committed (Eddie D.-style) to doing whatever is necessary to get Harbaugh, then the 49ers will get Harbaugh.
Hmm...

Mike Singletary $2.5 million
+
Jim Harbaugh $4.5 million

= $7 million offer from dolphins!

Anyway we can get Singletary to make up for what he made us go through as 49er fans for 2 1/2 yrs.
You see Jed if you had hired a real GM not your favorite yes man perhaps your opening offer (4.5mil) would not have been 155% lower than Harbaugh asking price!
Jed does this sound familiar? didn't you and your sycophantic crew of yes men low ball Pete Carol, the last great college coaching prospect to go pro?

Look it is simple, now you just do what you always do, settle, thats right settle, let me make it easy for you, in a day or so when Baalke has failed at his first real task as a GM, just announce you wanted Tomasula all along, and we can get back to sucking!
Don't worry Jed there will be sufficient hype that some fans will fall in line and the rest of the fans will continue to support the team out of habit!

Sure Jed I know you will never be a great owner, never deliver a tittle to SF, but who cares with your cheap ass bargain basement approach, you will still make millions!

Go Niniers, don't worry Jed I'm to old and to tied to this team to switch my loyalties, I just won't buy any tickets, or authorized gear ever again, You cheap ass little son of a b***h!

Or you could just back the truck up and pay the man!
SF bay area > Miami

way to flub the numbers.

Do you see a difference?

$4.5 Million

$8.0 Million

$4.5 Million > $8.0 Million and a tax free state...

do you ever read posts before you reply? I'm a diehard 49er fan so of course I would choose to be the HC of the 49ers. You really have a reading comprehension problem don't you?
Share 49ersWebzone