Originally posted by verb1der:Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
1. Dashon Goldson. He's no better than a league average safety. A big upgrade over Mark Roman but definitely not anything irreplaceable. People are seriously overrating him for one great game against the Cardinals. He's been mediocre the rest of the time.
2. Delaine Walker This has been going on for the last 4 years now. Every year he's considered a "secret weapon" and a playmaker but for a guy with his reputation on the webzone, I'm a little underwhelmed by his 2 career touchdowns and his career 233 yards last year, even though we ran lots and lots of two TE sets last year not to mention his tendency to cough up the ball. Before last year there was even a thread where many webzone posters were calling for him to be the starter over Davis. It's irrational and I don't get it. Every team has a couple of these types of players on their team. He's completely replaceable.
3. Nate Davis- And people complain about how Alex supporters make "Alexcuses." Yet to most of those same posters, Nate Davis can do no wrong.
1. Shawnte Spencer- he's a close to shut down corner yet he gets next to no recognition at all from the webzone and none at all nationally.
2. Ahmad Brooks- this guy is far and away our best passrusher. Not going to say he's not recognized on the zone, but he's almost the forgotten man in our defense.
3. Manny Lawson- No this guy is not a star, but he is an above average 3-4 linebacker and would be a valuable asset on pretty much any playoff caliber team. I feel like on the webzone people don't appreciate role players enough because they're not a star. Parys Haralson is waaaay more deserving of a demotion than Lawson is.
I would say Parys Haralson is way overrated by our coaching staff but definitely not here. The guy just seems to get a free ride no matter what even though he's only had one good half-season in his career. This guy is probably the biggest weak link on our team.
Thank you sir! I'm going with this.
Yeah this isn't bad to start, Lawson is underrated and Parys is overrated--even on the webzone where the backlash against him came later than I think it should have, although it seems to be here now. And i agree a hundred percent about Delanie, they throw to him way too much and while he is very fast, he's not that physical and fumbles way too much. But seriously, Shawntae Spencer a shutdown corner? He's ok, maybe our best CB, but that's not saying a whole lot.
Overrated: Parys Haralson, Delanie Walker, Michael Crabtree (not that fast, not that strong, and doesn't work hard enough. Maybe Josh Morgan should be the no.1 receiver. seriously.)
Underrated: Brian Westbrook (where is he? doesn't anyone remember how good this guy's been for his career? maybe the best player on the roster over his career),
Reggie Smith (he's taken advantage of every opportunity he's been given, and he was excellent last night. I'm surprised they didn't have him return kicks instead of Phillip Adams, what a bonehead move that was. Its about time for him to start at safety, too)
and finally, Troy Smith.
That's right, Troy Smith. Why no bandwagon trhead for him? He was as good as our other two excellent college QBs were in college, except he was actually playing good competition. He won a heisman by the biggest margin ever. And oh yeah, unlike the other two he hasn't been given a chance to disappoint us, having only started twice (and played rather well) at baltimore.
If Alex gets hurt, he should start ahead of David Carr (assuming he learns the O)