LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

If Gore can't get it done bring in DIXON!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by oreck16:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
you have almost 19k posts and thats the best you can come up with? you want to take a top 5 rb in the league and replace him with a rookie? wow, just wow
holy delusional

Not even for a couple plays to:

1) give Gore a breather

2) give the offense a spark off the bench

Even Westbrook for a couple snaps for some passes out of the backfield?

take those blinders off and get real, the predictive play calling for a 'Gore HB blast up the middle' show got old and mundane real quick

westbrook didnt see the field cuz he's nursing a sore hamstring and doesn't know the playbook
That's fine. But why not Dixon even for just a few plays? He knows it
you have almost 19k posts and thats the best you can come up with? you want to take a top 5 rb in the league and replace him with a rookie? wow, just wow
holy delusional

1) give Gore a breather

take those blinders off and get real, the predictive play calling for a 'Gore HB blast up the middle' show got old and mundane real quick

thank you for a great post. BTW it don't matter how many posts someones has, its a posting forum. I would rather have a few reasons why I am wrong other then threats and saying I am crazy or its a dumb idea. If you think its dumb, please tell me why. Put downs are always an act of being a coward, without anything behind them.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
holy delusional

1) give Gore a breather

westbrook didnt see the field cuz he's nursing a sore hamstring and doesn't know the playbook

i am talking Dixon, but westbrook says he could have played. He played in a preseason game, and does know the playbook. Gore and the OL looked like crap after the 1st quarter and the Seahawks were keying on Gore on everyplay. Anyone who knows pro football could see this......so why not mix it up? Gore was not working. Get it?
Originally posted by 49erJim:
holy delusional

1) give Gore a breather

thank you for a great post. BTW it don't matter how many posts someones has, its a posting forum. I would rather have a few reasons why I am wrong other then threats and saying I am crazy or its a dumb idea. If you think its dumb, please tell me why. Put downs are always an act of being a coward, without anything behind them.
His retort made no sense. The whole 'if it ain't broke then why fix it?' logic fails here, because it (Gore) was never working in the first place. Everyone understands that yes, Gore is the focal point of our offense. Every OC we've had with him in the backfield knows that. But if he can't get going, why does Raye continue to monopolize the play calling with giving him the ball deep into the 2nd half when we're behind?

Jesus, give us a change of pace- a spark... something?!
I think maybe we ought to sign Inez Saenz and put her in motion across the backfield. That would create quite a diversion and open things up.

It would be like the old Motown song "Backfield in motion" and we know it would
work against the Jets.

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Sep 15, 2010 at 09:30:53 ]
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I think maybe we ought to sign Inez Saenz and put her in motion across the backfield. That would create quite a diversion and open things up.

It would be like the old Motown song "Backfield in motion" and we now it would
work against the Jets.

I would buy more season tickets to see this. ^^^^^^^^^^
  • dmax
  • Veteran
if the oline cant get any push..it doesnt matter who's back there...cmon guys
Somebody didn't learn with Glenn coffee and preseason huh
I was about to respond negatively to this thread.... until I saw who started the thread.

Moving along...

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I was about to respond negatively to this thread.... until I saw who started the thread.

Moving along...
tattle-tale magee?
Originally posted by dmax:

Exactly, and do you really want to risk whether Dixon can consistently pick up a blitzing linebacker? Dixon looked ok against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

actually it does...Gore's mentality is to just plow ahead and take whatever yards are there even if they aren't any, when do you ever see him bounce a run to the outside or reverse field?

Dixon has happy feet because he's always looking to break off a big run...of course we're trying to coach that out of him, but that's his natural instinct. The reason our offense bogged down was because we didn't have any explosive plays, and you won't get any by running into the pile every time like Gore, unless there are actually holes there, which there weren't.

[ Edited by znk916 on Sep 15, 2010 at 10:14:10 ]
hey jim, howya? y'know the next couple of games will be telling if mixing rb's is needed whether or not frank cares for it. it may be that dc's are able to gameplan a lot better with more film of him over the years. if westbrook isn't quite ready then why not incorporate the youngster...at least in rz or 3rd down situations. the calls for norris was wack. i'm starting to get on this train to bring in mike johnson and see what can brings as playcaller.
Originally posted by znk916:

actually it does...Gore's mentality is to just plow ahead and take whatever yards are there even if they aren't any, when do you ever see him bounce a run to the outside or reverse field?

Dixon has happy feet because he's always looking to break off a big run...of course we're trying to coach that out of him, but that's his natural instinct. The reason our offense bogged down was because we didn't have any explosive plays, and you won't get any by running into the pile every time like Gore, unless there are actually holes there, which there weren't.

to be fair, gore's focus is to find or create a hole between the tackles, then hit his cut at the 2nd level before breaking for a long one. this is what made him great. main thing point is he's gotta get thru the hole which is exactly why we drafted the linemen so they need to do there job too for the team to be successful on the ground. but i definitely would like to add some different dimension with westbrook or dixon.
Share 49ersWebzone