LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 97 users in the forums

If Gore can't get it done bring in DIXON!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
BIG DIX FOR FULLBACK!!!

at least change it up with Westbrook every now and then. Could provide the spark we need to get s**t going. Jimmy Raye's an idiot.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
If Frankie can't get it going, bring in Big Legs Stiff Arm A DIXON!!!! This is a must win for the 49ers. Pull out all the Stops!!

for change of pace yeah but to replace Gore are you high !
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
If Frankie can't get it going, bring in Big Legs Stiff Arm A DIXON!!!! This is a must win for the 49ers. Pull out all the Stops!!

Westbrook was a great all-purpose back. He never was a great runner, more a threat on screens.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by cNiner:

Westbrook was a great all-purpose back. He never was a great runner, more a threat on screens.

actually he is a good runner, but Philly used him for his strength which is open field running (screens and tosses)
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Come on a JIM, that is some nOOb sh*t right there. The O-Line was the problem not Gore. Very un-49erJim of you.

Gore runs straight up the middle every time, into the back of the linemen. Frustrating to watch. Never bounces outside. Westbrook would have brought a change of pace, as would have Dixon. I disagree with you.
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
Why don't we all just start wearing our underwear on the outside of our pants while we're talking retarded. You want to pull our best veteran player and put a rookie in behind this line to face the champs...I don't believe it; quit trollin' dude

SON, THE ONLY THING I TROLL FOR IS FISH. That being said, Gore was not getting the job done and the OL was just as bad, why not change things up for a few plays and bring in DIXON?

Frank was getting things done, but you can't expect the guy to go on EVERY f@ckin down. Personnel changes help build momentum. Why did we even get rid of MRob if we're just going to use ONE Tailback all game long?

I said as much in the 1st half when I noticed that Frank never even left the field. That was just bad personnel management.

Successful double Reverse and that was it for taking advantage of their speed.

We needed to get Walker involved more but at the cost of personnel changes is just foolish. I thought Raye loved TEs'? Were were the Twin TE sets off the Line? Bynam was only thrown to once.

And our Line was so bad that even in the Gun their guys were getting to Smith. Everyone should feel embarrassed for that game. Sing should have decals made for the helmets of the score so every player can have that as fireup fuel.I'm still pissed about it. And probably will be so all season.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
Why do people always want to automatically bring in the backups as if they will magically turn the tide of the game? Bring in Carr, bring in Dixon, bring in Westbrook, it doesn't matter since our coordinator doesn't deviate from the gameplan. I wanted Cam Cameron, that guy has helped LT, Brown, and Rice have some great seasons and won with subpar quarterbacks as coordinator

well, it would have been nice to bring in Dixon and Westbrook on a few plays to mix things up, Seattle has never played Dixon, and what Gore and the OL were doing was not working. They were doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, the Seahawks were all over Gore. So why not try them?
While it's true the OL wasn't creating the push we thought we'd see, I also think FG wasn't sharp. I think he didn't play enough in preseason. Both he and Crabtree just didn't look right. I also fault Raye...the one screen pass he called to Gore worked...yet I never saw it again. The OL will have to become more assertive...for our offense to improve...with that, we should see Gore return to his normal excellence.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:

this

and

oh and

Let's resign Clayton!
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Come on a JIM, that is some nOOb sh*t right there. The O-Line was the problem not Gore. Very un-49erJim of you.

Gore runs straight up the middle every time, into the back of the linemen. Frustrating to watch. Never bounces outside. Westbrook would have brought a change of pace, as would have Dixon. I disagree with you.

Very frustrating because he's not a power back that can move the pile either, at least not since after '06 when he lost weight to pattern himself after LT.
Gore actually looked fatter and not that tone in the legs.

No Homo
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
BIG DIX FOR FULLBACK!!!

I loves me some BIGDIX

Share 49ersWebzone