LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was a real good WR at Ohio State. I don't see why it would change so much from Ohio State to the pros. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He may need a chance to reset.

He really wasn't that good at Ohio State. He was that guy everyone thought was going to be a really good receiver, but never really showed it in games consistently.

When he was drafted everyone was surprised and called out Miami for it, no one though he should have been drafted so high.

I guess a 5th isn't a bad deal for a guy with so much potential, especially as a special teams guy, but I'm really not excited about this.

I'm excited that we have a proven commodity in the return game for a 5th round pick. Better than taking a chance on a third rounder like Brandon Williams. Definitely opens thing up in the draft.
He was a real good WR at Ohio State. I don't see why it would change so much from Ohio State to the pros. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He may need a chance to reset.

He really wasn't that good at Ohio State. He was that guy everyone thought was going to be a really good receiver, but never really showed it in games consistently.

When he was drafted everyone was surprised and called out Miami for it, no one though he should have been drafted so high.

I guess a 5th isn't a bad deal for a guy with so much potential, especially as a special teams guy, but I'm really not excited about this.

How can this not excite you?

Hell Yea...Gin N Juice!

more FYI
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=8&c=1&nid=2509077&yr=2007
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by ninertico:

He's simply a beast at YAC. For a fifth, he's the bomb diggitty!!! I can't wait to see some of those moves. Finally, some serious entertainment on ST!!!

WTH... that's song is a little slow lol

No s**t, huh? But that is one nice compulation of his abilities. I am still pinching myself about this. We couldn't have asked for a better return man for the price, a pro-bowler? Damn!
Originally posted by thefins:
Originally posted by kronik:
As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).

This is how we remember him:
Enjoy

Yea, I feel bad for you guys. Wasted a very high pick. I'm willing to risk a 5th on him though.

PS: You should see what we had at PR/KR before Ginn.
He was a good returner, no doubt. I am not sure what you guys situation was there, but he can help in that department. As a receiver though...just facepalm. Maybe Singletary can bring out the best in him. As much as I hated him, hes not a bad guy so I hope he does well. Just dont expect too much as a receiver.

thefins! Thanks for the "devils's advocate" video and sharing your perspective with us and not being an a-hole about it. I think fans touched on the fact that there won't be the high expectations he had in Miami here, is "primarily" a return guy and will be worked in slowly to our spread formations as a deep threat or slot-guy who can catch the short pass (allegibly) and make something happen. Just his speed along and deep threat will help to open up a few other mismatches with Davis, Crabtree and even Gore so, you gain a fifth and we gain a "need." Best of luck to you guys in 2010. Stay classy Niner fans...
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
Originally posted by kronik:
As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).

This is how we remember him:
Enjoy

Yea, I feel bad for you guys. Wasted a very high pick. I'm willing to risk a 5th on him though.

PS: You should see what we had at PR/KR before Ginn.
He was a good returner, no doubt. I am not sure what you guys situation was there, but he can help in that department. As a receiver though...just facepalm. Maybe Singletary can bring out the best in him. As much as I hated him, hes not a bad guy so I hope he does well. Just dont expect too much as a receiver.

we dont.

yeah i dont think anybody is expecting much from this guy as a wr his value to the 49ers comes in the return game anything he provides as a WR is a bonus.

I do expect him tho compete for the 3rd WR spot and give us the ability to spread the field with his speed, but i dont think he should feel as much pressure to perform as he did in Miami where he was expected to be a number 1 WR

He's simply a beast at YAC. For a fifth, he's the bomb diggitty!!! I can't wait to see some of those moves. Finally, some serious entertainment on ST!!!

nope the song isnt slow its just Ted Ginn is so damn fast the song cant keep up with him
Originally posted by valrod33:

nope the song isnt slow its just Ted Ginn is so damn fast the song cant keep up with him

• Dino
  • Veteran
i love it

Wasn't that good? He was unstoppable at times as a WR. No one could run with him. Problem is in the NFL they also have really fast guys and he never developed into a good route runner and gets pushed around off the line to much. But as a slot receiver, he could do some damage esspecially with Crabtree, Vernon Davis, Morgan and Gore around him.
Happy Birthday to me!

TWITTER VernonDavis85

I'm excited about Ted Ginn, let's go it's time to work! Me, crab, Josh,Ted, Alex, and Frankie g. They can't stop us!
Originally posted by Dominate:

How can this not excite you?

Believe me IT DOES!

But I'm just as afraid of him muffing a kick or fumbling as I have been about anyone, including Battle after last season. If you lose a fumble you have no chance to score and usually set up the other team with good field position. If you don't you may not have an explosive special teams TD, but your offense still has the ball and an opportunity to score.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
TWITTER VernonDavis85

I'm excited about Ted Ginn, let's go it's time to work! Me, crab, Josh,Ted, Alex, and Frankie g. They can't stop us!

Share 49ersWebzone