LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
For a 5th round pick getting one of the best returners in the league is an absolute steal. He still can go deep as a WR too. He's not a physical contact type of WR but I wouldn't hesitate to use him as a deep threat from time to time. Other teams still have to respect his blazing speed.

This is the first and only offseason move I've seen that makes sense.

couldnt agree more
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Probably appropriate to give Jed York an "attaboy" also. With no GM, I expect that York had to approve paying the freight for what is essentially a very expensive (financially) 5th round pick. Way to step up, Jed!

Gotta say I've been pretty unimpressed with the FO this off-season but this move actually has me pretty excited. We'll see what else they do come Draft day though...
Brilliant move. Typically, 5th rounders are backups, and many do not make it through training camp. To get a very good return man, and a deep threat on offense, kills two birds with one stone. It also frees the team from burning a higher draft choice on someone who would be used primarily a backup, and add very little to the team outside of returning kickoffs and punts.

Ginn's best football is in front of him, and in my opinion, will emerge as the number three receiver on this team.

Cheers to the front office.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:18 PM ]
Nice pick up!
Ginn will be a great weapon for us. It's getting to a point with Crabs, Vernon and Ginn that the opponents safeties will no longer be able to load the box with their safeties to key on Gore.

Now, we improve the O Line and we'll be looking good!
Good value for what we gave.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Brilliant move. Typically, 5th rounders are backups, and many do not make it through training camp. To get a very good return man, and a deep threat on offense, kills two birds with one stone.

Ginn's best football is in front of him, and in my opinion, will emerge as the number three receiver on this team.

Cheers to the front office.

Agreed. People forget he is only 25. He has a lot more room to grow as a WR.

In the words of Singletary, "This guy can fly"
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:21 PM ]
The first thing I thought was: good thing we didn't draft Ginn in the first as some wanted.
There is a god! I can live with this pick up though.
[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

You want Morgan to stay black?

what happen to Rachal and Snyder, has they die?

Yeah whats up with the O-line on this play? LOL

Doesn't matter who's there. It's an open hole anyway.

• thefins
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by thefins:
As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).

This is how we remember him:
Enjoy

Yea, I feel bad for you guys. Wasted a very high pick. I'm willing to risk a 5th on him though.

PS: You should see what we had at PR/KR before Ginn.
He was a good returner, no doubt. I am not sure what you guys situation was there, but he can help in that department. As a receiver though...just facepalm. Maybe Singletary can bring out the best in him. As much as I hated him, hes not a bad guy so I hope he does well. Just dont expect too much as a receiver.
We now have 7 guys(that I can think of) from th '07 draft that have significant roles(maybe not Hill anymore) on the team. '07's turning out to be quite the year for us.

Patrick Willis
Joe Staley
Jason Hill
Ray McDonald
Dashon Goldson
Tarell Brown
*Ted Ginn jr
The thing is that Ginn has been the Dolphins #1 or 2 WR since he was drafted and has never really been just able to focus on returning kicks, in San Francisco his primary role/focus/job will be to return kicks so he can give most of his focus and energy on being a kick and punt returner which should make him that much better.
Originally posted by kronik:
As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).

This is how we remember him:
Enjoy

Yea, I feel bad for you guys. Wasted a very high pick. I'm willing to risk a 5th on him though.

PS: You should see what we had at PR/KR before Ginn.
He was a good returner, no doubt. I am not sure what you guys situation was there, but he can help in that department. As a receiver though...just facepalm. Maybe Singletary can bring out the best in him. As much as I hated him, hes not a bad guy so I hope he does well. Just dont expect too much as a receiver.

we dont.
!
Share 49ersWebzone