LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 305 users in the forums

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
TWITTER VernonDavis85

I'm excited about Ted Ginn, let's go it's time to work! Me, crab, Josh,Ted, Alex, and Frankie g. They can't stop us!

FK Yeah!
I know his real value is as a return guy for us and that is why we got him, but man we did need some speed to our solid WR core and we got some with Ginn and as a 3rd or 4th WR in the slot, I think he can do some damage from time to time.

Really feel good about this move as we now do not have to worry about drafting a return guy which was obviously a big need and you hate to have to rely on a rookie.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was a real good WR at Ohio State. I don't see why it would change so much from Ohio State to the pros. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He may need a chance to reset.

He really wasn't that good at Ohio State. He was that guy everyone thought was going to be a really good receiver, but never really showed it in games consistently.

When he was drafted everyone was surprised and called out Miami for it, no one though he should have been drafted so high.

I guess a 5th isn't a bad deal for a guy with so much potential, especially as a special teams guy, but I'm really not excited about this.

Wasn't that good? He was unstoppable at times as a WR. No one could run with him. Problem is in the NFL they also have really fast guys and he never developed into a good route runner and gets pushed around off the line to much. But as a slot receiver, he could do some damage esspecially with Crabtree, Vernon Davis, Morgan and Gore around him.

I am absolutely baffled by anybody who doesn't like this trade.

A 5th round pick for a position of need and more depth at WR??? COME ON PEOPLE

He doesn't have to step on the field and grab 90 balls and 1,200 yards. Heck, he probably won't see the field (aside from ST) for more than 5 plays a game.

What if we look back in 10 years and this ends up being one of the best trades that we have ever made. I could see that happening.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
TWITTER VernonDavis85

I'm excited about Ted Ginn, let's go it's time to work! Me, crab, Josh,Ted, Alex, and Frankie g. They can't stop us!

After doing more research I like the trade more! 5th Rounder sounds good.

V-Davis said this on his twitter account:

VernonDavis85

VernonDavis85

I will lead so just follow me troops!! And then we shall all follow each other.

VernonDavis85

Ted let's go baby!!!!!

C.J Spiller officially will not be a 49er and that is okay.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I think Ginn had an off year last year he had 10 drops, but in 2008 he only had only 6 drops and 56 receptions for an average of over 14 yard per catch. I think the 3 different QB thing messed him up a bit last year.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
What if we look back in 10 years and this ends up being one of the best trades that we have ever made. I could see that happening.

While I don't share your optimism I hope you are right.
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
Its our season to shine
PatrickWillis52

1. @prosportswench I have no idea. 40 minutes ago via UberTwitter in reply to prosportswench
2. @prosportswench ha ha about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter in reply to prosportswench
3. @49erFan1987 ha ha naw I don't. Ill get bad if I miss a play or a tackle or something about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter in reply to 49erFan1987
4. My fault friends. I was typing to fast. Welcome ted ginn. Lol better about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
5. Welcome t guinn. The return game just got hot again in the west division. Watch out about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter http://twitter.com/PatrickWillis52

C.J Spiller officially will not be a 49er and that is okay.

Don't write him off yet.
Originally posted by susweel:
Good move

Already liking Baalke more then McClueless.

I have to agree, but that's because I never really liked McCloughan. People are jocking Baalke pretty hard in this thread, but we need to remember it's only one move. I have a feelng Baalke will be good for us, but I'll reserve judgement until after his first draft.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was a real good WR at Ohio State. I don't see why it would change so much from Ohio State to the pros. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He may need a chance to reset.

He really wasn't that good at Ohio State. He was that guy everyone thought was going to be a really good receiver, but never really showed it in games consistently.

When he was drafted everyone was surprised and called out Miami for it, no one though he should have been drafted so high.

I guess a 5th isn't a bad deal for a guy with so much potential, especially as a special teams guy, but I'm really not excited about this.

Wasn't that good? He was unstoppable at times as a WR. No one could run with him. Problem is in the NFL they also have really fast guys and he never developed into a good route runner and gets pushed around off the line to much. But as a slot receiver, he could do some damage esspecially with Crabtree, Vernon Davis, Morgan and Gore around him.

I think Brandon Jones is f**king finished after this move. No way in Hell Ginn doesn't at least get a shot at competing for the 'slot' next to an already eligible Jason Hill during camp.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
TWITTER VernonDavis85

FK Yeah!

Quote:
VernonDavis85 I will lead so just follow me troops!! And then we shall all follow each other.

Quote:
VernonDavis85 Ted let's go baby!!!!!

Quote:
VernonDavis85 I just talked to Ted 2 days ago I told him if ever left the dolphins I hope he came to us so we can work, I believe he can be special!

Quote:
VernonDavis85 I'll pushem!
  • mod
  • Veteran
I love how on wikipedia it says he's a niner but on nfl.com it still says he's a dolphin.

who the f**k updates that s**t, they're quick lol
Share 49ersWebzone