Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not to be a downer, but I'd gladly trade Rachal and Balmer for MeShawn
Baalke

my ninjaaa
Originally posted by thefins:
Originally posted by kronik:
As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).

This is how we remember him:
Enjoy

Yea, I feel bad for you guys. Wasted a very high pick. I'm willing to risk a 5th on him though.

PS: You should see what we had at PR/KR before Ginn.
He was a good returner, no doubt. I am not sure what you guys situation was there, but he can help in that department. As a receiver though...just facepalm. Maybe Singletary can bring out the best in him. As much as I hated him, hes not a bad guy so I hope he does well. Just dont expect too much as a receiver.

He was a real good WR at Ohio State. I don't see why it would change so much from Ohio State to the pros. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He may need a chance to reset.

Plus we don't need him to be a #1 WR like the Dolphins had planned. He's just a role player who will run a deep route once in a while.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Nice pick up!
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
Originally posted by kronik:
As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).

This is how we remember him:
Enjoy

Yea, I feel bad for you guys. Wasted a very high pick. I'm willing to risk a 5th on him though.

PS: You should see what we had at PR/KR before Ginn.
He was a good returner, no doubt. I am not sure what you guys situation was there, but he can help in that department. As a receiver though...just facepalm. Maybe Singletary can bring out the best in him. As much as I hated him, hes not a bad guy so I hope he does well. Just dont expect too much as a receiver.

we dont.

yeah i dont think anybody is expecting much from this guy as a wr his value to the 49ers comes in the return game anything he provides as a WR is a bonus.

I do expect him tho compete for the 3rd WR spot and give us the ability to spread the field with his speed, but i dont think he should feel as much pressure to perform as he did in Miami where he was expected to be a number 1 WR
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
The thing is that Ginn has been the Dolphins #1 or 2 WR since he was drafted and has never really been just able to focus on returning kicks, in San Francisco his primary role/focus/job will be to return kicks so he can give most of his focus and energy on being a kick and punt returner which should make him that much better.

Also he's doesnt have to be the only WR that team is counting on (no pressure)
HOLY s**t!!! I was watching the NFL Network the other night ago about his trade possibilities in exchange for a 5th (with the arrival of Marshall), and I was hoping we'd take a shot at him!!! WOW... Baalke is the f**king man.

This dude has so much potential and talent as a return man (I remember he was the second player to have 2 kick returns within the same quarter in over 5 decades, last season).

And the only reason Ginn became expendable in Miami was because he couldn't establish himself as a primary wide-out. Good deal, cause 100% some other team would have made this trade immediately, either before or after Day 2 of the draft.
I called this the other day. AWEZOME pickup.

If we get Haden and any RT that can breath, it would be a solid draft.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was a real good WR at Ohio State. I don't see why it would change so much from Ohio State to the pros. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He may need a chance to reset.

He really wasn't that good at Ohio State. He was that guy everyone thought was going to be a really good receiver, but never really showed it in games consistently.

When he was drafted everyone was surprised and called out Miami for it, no one though he should have been drafted so high.

I guess a 5th isn't a bad deal for a guy with so much potential, especially as a special teams guy, but I'm really not excited about this.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
The thing is that Ginn has been the Dolphins #1 or 2 WR since he was drafted and has never really been just able to focus on returning kicks, in San Francisco his primary role/focus/job will be to return kicks so he can give most of his focus and energy on being a kick and punt returner which should make him that much better.

Also he's doesnt have to be the only WR that team is counting on (no pressure)

Exactly! In Miami he had to be the #1 or 2 WR

Baalke making moves...Who said we would not make any trades....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Good move

Already liking Baalke more then McClueless.

He's simply a beast at YAC. For a fifth, he's the bomb diggitty!!! I can't wait to see some of those moves. Finally, some serious entertainment on ST!!!
FYI...

http://www.nfl.com/players/tedginnjr./careerstats?id=GIN403290
Originally posted by ninertico:

He's simply a beast at YAC. For a fifth, he's the bomb diggitty!!! I can't wait to see some of those moves. Finally, some serious entertainment on ST!!!

WTH... that's song is a little slow lol
Share 49ersWebzone