There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Brit Miller make the team last night?

Did Brit Miller make the team last night?

He has a good shot at the practice squad. I doubt if he is going to make the 53-man roster. They will likely only keep 1 FB.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Fullbacks are a dime a dozen, let Miller develop on the practice squad, noone will claim him... I mean Brennan Southerland and Will Tafou both went undrafted and both were far superior.... also to all those that state Norris as a lock to make the team... don't be so certain... he hasn't done anything this preseason and is already well above the expected lifespan of an NFL fullback

Norris has not done much because he has missed a good bit of camp for "excused personal reasons." He is just now getting back and getting some reps.

Nothing is certain but Norris is slotted as the starter. The coaches know what he can do so they will give him a "vet option" for most of the time until the season starts. No point in grinding him down until they start shooting real bullets.
It'd be a shame if he didn't make the practice squad, and even then I have a feeling teams may give him a long look. I can't see him making the roster to start the year, though, we seem pretty set at the position right now.
bumpitybump bump!! but only because I didn't feel like starting a new thread.

So with 3 preseason games out of the way and Brit Miller looking solid in all three of them. Does he make the team? Do we try and get him to pass waivers and make the PS?
I know he probably make the starting roster, but if we're going to run 60% of the time, don't we need a lot of backs? I say keep him, hell couldn't he be listed as an emergency LB/ ST?
Brit Miller is the new Keasey (without the dreadlocks).
He has played very well so far, and he just seems like a good old-fashioned football player. This also makes me wonder how Moran Norris is going to play this season. Norris had a great year when Gore rushed for 1695 yards, but he didn't play well the following year and he didn't do much with the Lions last year. He signed a three year $5 million dollar contract with the 9ers that included a $1.5 million dollar bonus, but I'm not convinced he's good enough to stick. He's also had some undisclosed issues that have kept him off the field during much of preseason. I don't know, maybe Brit Miller deserves some serious consideration over Norris. At least with Miller, I know he's going to show up and give it his all during each and every play.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

You may be right, but that TD got us excited.

except Miller actually makes plays where Keasey just sucked!
Originally posted by dbdublin:
He has a good shot at the practice squad. I doubt if he is going to make the 53-man roster. They will likely only keep 1 FB.

They might still keep him on the 53, but he has some work to do vs. san diego.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

He has been pretty solid in the past 3 games so I would say it is a safe bet to say he should play pretty well against SD
Originally posted by backontop:

He has been pretty solid in the past 3 games so I would say it is a safe bet to say he should play pretty well against SD

I agree, it would also help if he showed talent for special teams too.
I change my vote to No.
Originally posted by backontop:

I agree, it would also help if he showed talent for special teams too.

I am sure if he was given the chance he would excel in that as well. He has done everything asked of him so far. Block for the RB, pick up blitzes and catch out of the backfield

except brit can actually block. just see that td vs the raiders where he created the running lane, i think for sheets.