LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Did Brit Miller make the team last night?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Brit Miller make the team last night?

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
hope he makes it over weak ass keasey!

Keasey will go on IR and hopefully get released he is horrible

He has some skills, but blocking isn't one of them.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by Nabisko:
Yeah he showed great playmaker skills, but how was he at being a fullback. Did he blow any assignments? I really don't know just asking. I was pretty drunk by the forth and the only highlights are of him finding the endzone. I'm just curious to how complete he looked.

From MM.

"47-Brit Miller: Entered at fullback late in first quarter after Keasey sustained broken arm. . . . He looked like he's been playing the position his entire life. (He was a linebacker at Illinois.) His blocking was good, and he caught two TDs passes. . . . Caught 3-yard scoring pass from Smith, and a 40-yarder from Huard, which included a nifty cutback inside the 5-yard line to reach the end zone."

Thanks bro. Honestly I thought he looked good, but didn't want to get too excited with it being preseason and all. That and I had BEER GOGGLES on and everything always looks better...Unfortunately.. I hope the 49ers can find some use for him and I’m sure they will if he show’s consistent playmaker ability. It would make one hell of a Cinderella story and we could sure use a couple of those this year..
Lets wait, till we see a little more of him.
I just rewatched the game and I have to say that a couple plays don't equal making the team. I will say this. ZK looked terrible in pass portection. I don't feel like I saw enough of Miller picking up the pass rush in space to be convinced. A fullback should not be beat so soundly by a linebacker in a pass rush situation. So I think ZK did more to help milller than miller did. (even before he was hurt)
[ Edited by VA49er on Aug 19, 2009 at 7:32 AM ]
Originally posted by jta854:

I beg to differ

Did anyone else see the block Britt Miller layed for Micheal Robinson it was a thing of beauty!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d81214ada/Pre-WK-2-Michael-Robinson-highlights

Fast forward to around 23 seconds and watch Miller lay that block!
  • dj43
It will be tough. They will keep Gore, Coffee, Norris and Robinson for sure. It will then depend on whether Sheets looks better as a runner than Miller does as a blocker because they won't keep six running backs. More likely the try to sneak one or the other onto the PS.

Miller did move well in space and found the right man to block, from what I could see on TV.
Originally posted by dj43:
It will be tough. They will keep Gore, Coffee, Norris and Robinson for sure. It will then depend on whether Sheets looks better as a runner than Miller does as a blocker because they won't keep six running backs. More likely the try to sneak one or the other onto the PS.

Miller did move well in space and found the right man to block, from what I could see on TV.

Sheets should be harder to slip past waivers than Miller.
Originally posted by de_cleater_52:

I beg to differ

Did anyone else see the block Britt Miller layed for Micheal Robinson it was a thing of beauty!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d81214ada/Pre-WK-2-Michael-Robinson-highlights

It was a great block. So far he has done well with the opportunities that he's had.
Originally posted by fzrdave:

I beg to differ

It was a great block. So far he has done well with the opportunities that he's had.

• B650
  • Veteran
Damn, Robinson looks good. Then again, so do Gore, Coffee, and Sheets.

I beg to differ

I was talking about Keasey.
But I agree with you about Miller.
I am thinking Brit Miller makes the team. He proved that he isn't just a pass catcher out of the backfield with some pretty solid lead blocks. I would like to see him in with the first team just to see if he can compete with NFL starters. Could prove to make a good back up for Norris.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He will make the PS.

I beg to differ

I was talking about Keasey.
But I agree with you about Miller.

Am i the only one that noticed that it wasnt Brit Miller who was laying those blocks?
It was Bill Rentmeester #43 who was blockin for Robinson.
Fullbacks are a dime a dozen, let Miller develop on the practice squad, noone will claim him... I mean Brennan Southerland and Will Tafou both went undrafted and both were far superior.... also to all those that state Norris as a lock to make the team... don't be so certain... he hasn't done anything this preseason and is already well above the expected lifespan of an NFL fullback
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Aug 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone