LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Did Brit Miller make the team last night?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Brit Miller make the team last night?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Too early to tell, I wanna see him more as a lead blocker. But I will say he looks pretty decent catching passes out of the backfield.

I agree it's too early and not after just one game. I liked his hands and the kid had some speed for a big guy. With Zak out maybe we will get to see if Miller can actually block ------ a big part of the resume. He's got a great coach.

If he can lead block I have no doubt he will make the team behind Norris. Besides he would be on ST's, he has speed and is a converted LB.
  • JulandEdward49
  • Info N/A
while i think that 1 game is too early to tell, i think that he probably did.
not just because of his play, but because keasey broke his arm, it opened up that slot.
norris will be on the team, and miller. we'll have to see about robinson, probably keep him on special teams
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by Esco:
Well Zak is probably out for the season so maybe.

Zack Keasy is garbage anyway. There is no reason for him to be on the team. He cant run the ball, cant catch and is a terrible blocker.

I don't particularly like Keasey either (as an offensive weapon). But I did take note that on the first kickoff to Denver, he was the first guy down there and he made the tackle.

Singletary is looking for guys who make plays and Miller put up 12 points for us last night.

Did anyone see him blocking? How did he look?

Keasey got trucked on the Hill sack. I mean, literallly, he got run over, and laid out on his ass...

haha! Yeah, I saw that one. That was an embarrassment.

Did Miller get any work in as a blocking back last night?
He will be on the practice squad, he is still learning the position and needs more then 1 game against a mediocre D to prove his spot on the final 53. If we can keep him on the PS and he doesn't get picked up he may unseat Norris next year as the starter.
41% yes. This crazy, crazy board.

Somehow, I am not surprised. Undrafted rookies don't make a team based upon the first preseason game.

It is one preseason game, and on his big play my granny could have made the catch and scored on the busted defensive assignment.

There is no doubt he looked good, but we are still talking about a guy who really doesn't know what he is doing yet.

More likely a practice squader, but with Keasey out, you never know.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 15, 2009 at 2:57 PM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Too early to tell, I wanna see him more as a lead blocker. But I will say he looks pretty decent catching passes out of the backfield.

I agree need to see him more as a blocker.

if he can lay the wood as a lead blocker he may earn himself a job

You gotta admit he had some burst after catching the ball, lets see if they draw up any plays for him next game !!!

Yeah if he lays the wood with his run blocking and can pass block decently he will have a roster spot. He already shown he is a good receiver and runner but he has to do the other things to play consistently and make the roster.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I liked what I saw from this cat. We're going to have a lot of difficult cuts to make
Originally posted by crzy:
I liked what I saw from this cat. We're going to have a lot of difficult cuts to make

Practice Squad...if we need him we can bring him up.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

That's true. I don't see anybody claiming Brit Miller
Originally posted by jreff22:

That's true. I don't see anybody claiming Brit Miller

He is till very very raw, there are more proven guys available if a team needs a FB.

I clicked 'yes' because i see him making the practice squad especially after Keasey looks to be done.

Robinson will be the backup FB to Norris and Miller will be 3rd on the depth chart.

-9fA
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
He is on the practice squad already. I don't think he will make the 53 man roster unless someone else goes down with an injury.
It's too early to tell after just one preseason game, but he sure helped his cause last night.
I hate to say it but Keasey is out of a job
if they were planning on keeping 2 FB's i think Miller will get the nod, keazy got hurt and he sucked before he got hurt anyway. this guys got potential. im sure rathman is digging him too, seeing a FB that can catch is always good
Share 49ersWebzone