LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 382 users in the forums

Did Brit Miller make the team last night?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Brit Miller make the team last night?

He had some good catches and he showed pretty good speed for his size. I would like to see if he can block.

And yes, Keasey shouldn't have been on the team in the first place to be in this game. I hope his arm heals ok, but he got pancaked pretty easily (it seemed). Can't have that.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
While the two scoring plays were exciting, and Miller's a funny guy in an interview, there's a little more to playing Fullback than catching passes. Can he BLOCK? That's the Fullback's primary job. If he knows the playbook and can deliver effective blocks with consistency, then he's got a chance. But just because a guy catches a ball on a totally blown coverage and runs 40 yards untouched for a score, that doesn't make him an NFL Fullback.

Nice guy. Feel good story. Classic underdog that everyone loves to root for. Might make the practice squad.
  • bbhullar
  • Info N/A
we aren't keeping 2 dedicated fullbacks. we already have too many wr's and qbs and rbs, who do we cut to make room for this guy. (this already assumes kesey is getting cut)
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Too early to tell, I wanna see him more as a lead blocker. But I will say he looks pretty decent catching passes out of the backfield.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Too early to tell, I wanna see him more as a lead blocker. But I will say he looks pretty decent catching passes out of the backfield.

I agree need to see him more as a blocker.
Originally posted by E-49er:

I agree need to see him more as a blocker.

if he can lay the wood as a lead blocker he may earn himself a job

You gotta admit he had some burst after catching the ball, lets see if they draw up any plays for him next game !!!
  • JDog
  • Veteran
I hope so! He is a hometown boy from my city and he came to our JFL football camp last year. I seen him give a shout out out to Bid "D" on the Sideline!
Go Britt!
Practice squad
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I hope so, because Goldie locks sucks big time. I liked Miller I think he can be developed, he looked pretty fast also.
Wow, the zone hopping on this guy right away... If you rewatch the games, the guy was wide open with nothing but green grass ahead of him on both plays. He did good, and I am not taking that away from him, but until he sheds some tacklers, makes catches against tight coverage, or comes down with huge blocks, last night's performance really doesn't mean much...

Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by Esco:
Well Zak is probably out for the season so maybe.

Zack Keasy is garbage anyway. There is no reason for him to be on the team. He cant run the ball, cant catch and is a terrible blocker.

I don't particularly like Keasey either (as an offensive weapon). But I did take note that on the first kickoff to Denver, he was the first guy down there and he made the tackle.

Singletary is looking for guys who make plays and Miller put up 12 points for us last night.

Did anyone see him blocking? How did he look?
Considering Zak Keasey got owned all night and ran over by Dumerville I'd say yes.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by Esco:
Well Zak is probably out for the season so maybe.

Zack Keasy is garbage anyway. There is no reason for him to be on the team. He cant run the ball, cant catch and is a terrible blocker.

I don't particularly like Keasey either (as an offensive weapon). But I did take note that on the first kickoff to Denver, he was the first guy down there and he made the tackle.

Singletary is looking for guys who make plays and Miller put up 12 points for us last night.

Did anyone see him blocking? How did he look?

Keasey got trucked on the Hill sack. I mean, literallly, he got run over, and laid out on his ass...
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Did Britt Miller play on defense as well? I saw a 47 on D but I'm not sure if it's the same guy or not. (don't teams sometimes carry more than one of some numbers in the preseason, due to having more than the regular 53 man roster?)

yep, kory sheets and reggie smith both wore #30 last night if i remember correctly

I agree it's too early and not after just one game. I liked his hands and the kid had some speed for a big guy. With Zak out maybe we will get to see if Miller can actually block ------ a big part of the resume. He's got a great coach.
Share 49ersWebzone