There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defensive Analysis thread (Preseason Week 1)

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by teeohh:

that guy is like nolan wtf kind of play call is that

nolan: "my balls are THIS small!"

Orton made the secondary look good. Our D didn't play good. Orton made us look good. McKillop is always around the ball. Goldson didn't make any bad plays, I dont think so. Saw him make a couple of tackles. I really want to get an oppurtunity to evaluate him in preseason.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

haha your joke beats mine but im happy it does lmao

goldson looks like a damn beast hahaha

"I just jizzed in my pants!"
Originally posted by 9erism:
I was impressed with Mckillop today, he seemed to know whats he's kinda doing.

But i was really dissapointed in today's pass rush... Impressed that secondary managed to get 3 picks without any pass rush!

Idk but did anyone think brooks was pretty good today? I couldn't rlly tell...

Brooks was getting dominated by the Broncos O line. Didn't get near the QB to even put pressure on him...
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

haha your joke beats mine but im happy it does lmao

lol there was no joke competition going. i just f**king hated mike nolan and his b***h ass approach to a kick-the-s**t-out-of-each-other game. he HAS to be giving admittance to his teenie weenie balls.
On the practice field.......

Let's also remember, Manny was going up against Ryan Clady for most of the first half and that guy only gave up a 1/2 sack all of last year.

They also didn't blitz much at all.
seriously though how long is f**king haralson going to be out? seems like its taking forever for him to get back onto the field
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by King49er:
terrible pass rush

I think it also has to do with scheme. We weren't really showing the Broncos any stunts or blitz packages, we were pretty much playing them straight up.

yes.
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
No Willis,no Haralson...we were playing without the full deck.

#98 was out there with the 1st unit! so im even more disappointed with the lack of pressure on the QB

Damn he didn't even get a tackle,I watched the game and never saw him,lol.Sure that will change when the games start to count.
49ers were playing a base defense with very few blitzes, if any. Denver on the other hand brought the house quite a bit, I think Nolan was trying to make a point, but all he did was remind us that he's a loser.
  • mod
  • Veteran
The only players I saw get any form of pressure was Jay Moore and Egboh. And it wasnt very much.
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
No Willis,no Haralson...we were playing without the full deck.

#98 was out there with the 1st unit! so im even more disappointed with the lack of pressure on the QB

A couple of our picks came from outside pressure. Look again at the tape.