LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Rival teams are usually a close game. Sometimes... I believe that it will be a 21-17 victory. The main thing 9ers need to do is: don't turn the ball over or make stupid penalties.
In order to win this game, we gotta rattle Warner. And as of lately, we have struggled with this strategy. I say blitz the hell out of them. Everyone knows that if Warner has time, he will destroy his opponents. Knock his ass in the dirt!
So are we finally going to see these EXPLOSIVE BLITZ packages we've been hiding through all of mini-camp? -And maybe the top secret play-action pass formations from our offense?

One thing we can take great comfort in (judging from the Chargers game), is that Raye REALLY isn't afraid to use the passing game if the run get shut down.

We're going to see an intact offensive line finally, so I'm going to give the offense a clean slate until after the Cards game.
I am pretty sure we are the underdogs............
does anybody know whats the spread for the game?
Originally posted by teeohh:
i just want to win

Exactly, a final score of 2-0 or 52-45 is the same to me as long as it results in starting the year off with a big win.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by alpha81:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Of course, Manusky hasnt gotten this point for the past 2 years....he seems to be satisfied with 3 to 4 man rush the majority of times.....and as you can see, 3rd stringers find ways to beat our all-pro corners.

Isn't it sad? People blame the lack of a bonafide pass rusher, but why is it that even the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers are ABLE to put on a pass rush against the 49er's? Could it be Manusky's schemes or LACK OF?

They're about to face Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Bret Farve and without a pass rush, they're dead meat! ... and Matt Ryan isn't too shabby either!

I heard on TV today that so far they've fired 3 Offensive Coaches, could that apply to a Defensive coach as well?

At this point I think that Singletary can take over the Defense and do as good a job as Manusky.

I will give Manusky the benefit of the doubt that he has something under his sleeves ... but if at the end of 5 games the 49er's are 1-4 or 2-3, somebody better make some serious changes or the season can be over real soon!

I agree.

I don't think Manusky is working his players hard enough.

Every player on our team should wrap a 100lb chain around their body during practice. The extra weight will result in harder work. And harder work leads to more wins.

We just need to work HARDER.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

Dude, you're lost. Dont know what you've been watching lately; Im sure you pinned the Niners going deep into the playoffs each and every season since 2002. And let me guess..you've got them winning over NE in this year's SB as well.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Reckless:
As for blitzing, most teams don't have some out of world scheme set up for blitzing. Its more the player in some schemes than the scheme itself.

Its preseason you drama queens. Lace your skirts and show some sack you wimps. We are gonna go into Arizona and unleash Willis and let the Offense gel.

The pressure isn't on us to win in Arizona. Its on the Cards. That is HUGE for us. Gore is fresh. Coffee is roaring. Let Hill and Bruce work. We finally have legit Vets on this team and all anyone can say is "he didn't show much in preseason" WHY WOULD THEY. Its preseason. We are doing extremely vanilla plays.

Just because some team seems to have there blitzs to the max is because that is there max. And when they get gameplanned on they get picked up.

Thank you

Didnt you people claim the same fame after last year's preseason ? And the year before that as well ? How'd that "applause" work out for you then ?

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I am pretty sure we are the underdogs............
does anybody know whats the spread for the game?

We are basically 7 point dogs
This game will be a joke if we can't get Warner on the ground. I hope our defense comes out blitzing with everything they've got.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Reckless:
As for blitzing, most teams don't have some out of world scheme set up for blitzing. Its more the player in some schemes than the scheme itself.

Its preseason you drama queens. Lace your skirts and show some sack you wimps. We are gonna go into Arizona and unleash Willis and let the Offense gel.

The pressure isn't on us to win in Arizona. Its on the Cards. That is HUGE for us. Gore is fresh. Coffee is roaring. Let Hill and Bruce work. We finally have legit Vets on this team and all anyone can say is "he didn't show much in preseason" WHY WOULD THEY. Its preseason. We are doing extremely vanilla plays.

Just because some team seems to have there blitzs to the max is because that is there max. And when they get gameplanned on they get picked up.

Thank you

Didnt you people claim the same fame after last year's preseason ? And the year before that as well ? How'd that "applause" work out for you then ?

These ones are not sarcastic:

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
In order to win this game, we gotta rattle Warner. And as of lately, we have struggled with this strategy. I say blitz the hell out of them. Everyone knows that if Warner has time, he will destroy his opponents. Knock his ass in the dirt!

I think the 49ers know this. The question is if they can they execute or not.
Of course, Manusky hasnt gotten this point for the past 2 years....he seems to be satisfied with 3 to 4 man rush the majority of times.....and as you can see, 3rd stringers find ways to beat our all-pro corners.

Isn't it sad? People blame the lack of a bonafide pass rusher, but why is it that even the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers are ABLE to put on a pass rush against the 49er's? Could it be Manusky's schemes or LACK OF?

They're about to face Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Bret Farve and without a pass rush, they're dead meat! ... and Matt Ryan isn't too shabby either!

I heard on TV today that so far they've fired 3 Offensive Coaches, could that apply to a Defensive coach as well?

At this point I think that Singletary can take over the Defense and do as good a job as Manusky.

I will give Manusky the benefit of the doubt that he has something under his sleeves ... but if at the end of 5 games the 49er's are 1-4 or 2-3, somebody better make some serious changes or the season can be over real soon!

I agree.

Every player on our team should wrap a 100lb chain around their body during practice. The extra weight will result in harder work. And harder work leads to more wins.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

Dude, you're lost. Dont know what you've been watching lately; Im sure you pinned the Niners going deep into the playoffs each and every season since 2002. And let me guess..you've got them winning over NE in this year's SB as well.

Yea lately I've been watching preseason bro, yea preseason...P..R..E..S..E..A..S..O..N. Say that when they play like crap in the season dude not preseason.

I agree.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

Yea lately I've been watching preseason bro, yea preseason...P..R..E..S..E..A..S..O..N. Say that when they play like crap in the season dude not preseason.

Dude, they've been sucking both in preseason AND in the regular season. It's a pattern. And we are repeating it.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

I agree.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

Dude, they've been sucking both in preseason AND in the regular season. It's a pattern. And we are repeating it.

Yea they are 3-1 in the preseason and this is a NEW season DUDE so calm down there MR.

[ Edited by alpha81 on Sep 5, 2009 at 15:18:46 ]
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

I agree.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

Yea they are 3-1 in the preseason and this is a NEW season DUDE so calm down there MR.

That 3-1 is misleading and you know that. Our 1sts sucked. The only reason we won was because of our backups.

Like I said, there is absolutely NO reason why this team should be any better. We did not upgraded our roster AT ALL. This has been the worst offseason since that one when we cut Garcia and a bunch of others.

Not only that, we also suffer a major downgrade at OC. So really, alll the odds are AGAINST this team.
Share 49ersWebzone