LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGal:
After watching us play the Chargers I am in such a bad mood 'cause I live in AZ and our odds don't seem decent!!! Unless we unleash some habanero defense to flavor the vanilla defense, we have no chance against the Tards! Established offense with 2 awesome wide receivers...judging by preseason, there's no way Clements or Bly or Brown or John Doe will be able to cover them....and without a pass rush, it'll be so easy for Warner! UGH...I am so pissed.

Hey are you going to the game or what?

[ Edited by alpha81 on Sep 4, 2009 at 22:40:19 ]
Man i was pumped after training camp but preseason has brought me down to reality.

I sure hope that Raye is hiding his passing plays.

The truth is though that the Cardinals have looked so great in preseason either.

-9fA
Yeah, I'm trying to stay positive...
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
We're likely going to get killed. Our pass rush sucks and you know what happens when you give Kurt Warner all day to throw.
Originally posted by Hopper:
We're likely going to get killed. Our pass rush sucks and you know what happens when you give Kurt Warner all day to throw.

Did you watch the Cardinals last game? Warner looked like s**t ran over twice.

We gotta open up the playbook on these b*****ds.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 4, 2009 at 22:43:43 ]

Oh please its preseason and you just saw third stringers so settle down
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Did you watch the Cardinals last game? Warner looked like s**t ran over twice.

We gotta open up the playbook on these b*****ds.

The Tards O and D looked like s**t and ppl are talking about us??? Ha please
Well let's hope that we are able to run the ball 60% of the time and keep that defense off the field. Time of possession will be extremely crucial and a probable answer to what appears to be a weak defense. We will need long drives to win.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by alpha81:
After watching us play the Chargers I am in such a bad mood 'cause I live in AZ and our odds don't seem decent!!! Unless we unleash some habanero defense to flavor the vanilla defense, we have no chance against the Tards! Established offense with 2 awesome wide receivers...judging by preseason, there's no way Clements or Bly or Brown or John Doe will be able to cover them....and without a pass rush, it'll be so easy for Warner! UGH...I am so pissed.

You trying to get her digits or what?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
No one besides Haralson can get anywhere near the the QB.

Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by alpha81:

You trying to get her digits or what?

Nope I didnt even know she was a chick...I had to edit the message cuz I wrote "hey bro" hahaha

J Smith can put the pressure.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Hopefully he can stick Briggs on the PS (or 53 man roster) so we can develop him. He only weighs 230...imagine if he packed on some more weight and muscle.

Haralson? He's still with the Niners? Last time I heard his name was like 8 months ago.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Of course, Manusky hasnt gotten this point for the past 2 years....he seems to be satisfied with 3 to 4 man rush the majority of times.....and as you can see, 3rd stringers find ways to beat our all-pro corners.

Isn't it sad? People blame the lack of a bonafide pass rusher, but why is it that even the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers are ABLE to put on a pass rush against the 49er's? Could it be Manusky's schemes or LACK OF?

They're about to face Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Bret Farve and without a pass rush, they're dead meat! ... and Matt Ryan isn't too shabby either!

I heard on TV today that so far they've fired 3 Offensive Coaches, could that apply to a Defensive coach as well?

At this point I think that Singletary can take over the Defense and do as good a job as Manusky.

I will give Manusky the benefit of the doubt that he has something under his sleeves ... but if at the end of 5 games the 49er's are 1-4 or 2-3, somebody better make some serious changes or the season can be over real soon!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Sep 4, 2009 at 22:54:56 ]
Share 49ersWebzone