LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ads_2006:
"I could care less if it was ugly. It was beautiful for us."

-Coach Singletary

Great win, but a little scary for the offense. Less than 40 yards rushing against the Cardinals?
Originally posted by trogdor:
Great win, but a little scary for the offense. Less than 40 yards rushing against the Cardinals?

Cardinals D isn't bad especially Dockett.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by trogdor:

Cardinals D isn't bad especially Dockett.

he was a monster today, he exposed our "non-gelled" O-line.

If they don't gel soon we're going to lose some tough games.

But all I know is that the 49ers are 1-0 and the Cardinals are not
I PVR'd the game, I'm watching it again right now
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I'm curious to see if Manusky "shows his hand" in this game. He's gonna have to dial up the pressure or Warner will pick us apart. Our D must get to Warner early and often to even have a chance, but I highly doubt we'll be able to pull it off.

Cards 31 Niners 13

Originally posted by ZRF80:
After watching our 4 preseason games, we have NO chance against Arizona's receivers unless we BLITZ, and BLITZ often. Our "stud" corners can barely cover 2nd stringers; if we give them extra help and allow Fitz/Boldin to be double covered (with safety help), Warner will still find ways to pick us apart. Lets face it.....our pass rush isnt the best, and the only advantage we have is Warner's mobility (or lack thereof). If we can force Warner into making throws, combined with our ball-hawkish D, we might actually create some turnovers.

Of course, Manusky hasnt gotten this point for the past 2 years....he seems to be satisfied with 3 to 4 man rush the majority of times.....and as you can see, 3rd stringers find ways to beat our all-pro corners.

And yes, I am well aware that we have been playing vanilla defense in both preseason and regular season for the past 7 years, and this year we're really gonna show them what we have in store in Manusky's magic hat of defensive schemes.

Classic Z post.
Not only did the secondary play well today but the LB's also played decent in coverage. Solid performance against the cards WR's today. Most of the catches were well underneath everything. There was one catch fitz made mid level but it was because boldin picked off the safety.

Warner never looked comfortable.

[ Edited by fister30 on Sep 13, 2009 at 22:00:19 ]
It was a great team win all around, particularly on the defensive side.
Share 49ersWebzone