There are 180 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by alpha81:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Of course, Manusky hasnt gotten this point for the past 2 years....he seems to be satisfied with 3 to 4 man rush the majority of times.....and as you can see, 3rd stringers find ways to beat our all-pro corners.

Isn't it sad? People blame the lack of a bonafide pass rusher, but why is it that even the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers are ABLE to put on a pass rush against the 49er's? Could it be Manusky's schemes or LACK OF?

They're about to face Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Bret Farve and without a pass rush, they're dead meat! ... and Matt Ryan isn't too shabby either!

I heard on TV today that so far they've fired 3 Offensive Coaches, could that apply to a Defensive coach as well?

At this point I think that Singletary can take over the Defense and do as good a job as Manusky.

I will give Manusky the benefit of the doubt that he has something under his sleeves ... but if at the end of 5 games the 49er's are 1-4 or 2-3, somebody better make some serious changes or the season can be over real soon!

I agree.

I don't think Manusky is working his players hard enough.

Every player on our team should wrap a 100lb chain around their body during practice. The extra weight will result in harder work. And harder work leads to more wins.

We just need to work HARDER.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

Dude, you're lost. Dont know what you've been watching lately; Im sure you pinned the Niners going deep into the playoffs each and every season since 2002. And let me guess..you've got them winning over NE in this year's SB as well.

Yea lately I've been watching preseason bro, yea preseason...P..R..E..S..E..A..S..O..N. Say that when they play like crap in the season dude not preseason.

Dude, they've been sucking both in preseason AND in the regular season. It's a pattern. And we are repeating it.

Yea they are 3-1 in the preseason and this is a NEW season DUDE so calm down there MR.

That 3-1 is misleading and you know that. Our 1sts sucked. The only reason we won was because of our backups.

Like I said, there is absolutely NO reason why this team should be any better. We did not upgraded our roster AT ALL. This has been the worst offseason since that one when we cut Garcia and a bunch of others.

Not only that, we also suffer a major downgrade at OC. So really, alll the odds are AGAINST this team.

We play in the NFC West.
Of course, Manusky hasnt gotten this point for the past 2 years....he seems to be satisfied with 3 to 4 man rush the majority of times.....and as you can see, 3rd stringers find ways to beat our all-pro corners.

Isn't it sad? People blame the lack of a bonafide pass rusher, but why is it that even the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers are ABLE to put on a pass rush against the 49er's? Could it be Manusky's schemes or LACK OF?

They're about to face Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Bret Farve and without a pass rush, they're dead meat! ... and Matt Ryan isn't too shabby either!

I heard on TV today that so far they've fired 3 Offensive Coaches, could that apply to a Defensive coach as well?

At this point I think that Singletary can take over the Defense and do as good a job as Manusky.

I will give Manusky the benefit of the doubt that he has something under his sleeves ... but if at the end of 5 games the 49er's are 1-4 or 2-3, somebody better make some serious changes or the season can be over real soon!

I agree.

Every player on our team should wrap a 100lb chain around their body during practice. The extra weight will result in harder work. And harder work leads to more wins.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

Dude, you're lost. Dont know what you've been watching lately; Im sure you pinned the Niners going deep into the playoffs each and every season since 2002. And let me guess..you've got them winning over NE in this year's SB as well.

Yea lately I've been watching preseason bro, yea preseason...P..R..E..S..E..A..S..O..N. Say that when they play like crap in the season dude not preseason.

Dude, they've been sucking both in preseason AND in the regular season. It's a pattern. And we are repeating it.

Yea they are 3-1 in the preseason and this is a NEW season DUDE so calm down there MR.

That 3-1 is misleading and you know that. Our 1sts sucked. The only reason we won was because of our backups.

Like I said, there is absolutely NO reason why this team should be any better. We did not upgraded our roster AT ALL. This has been the worst offseason since that one when we cut Garcia and a bunch of others.

Not only that, we also suffer a major downgrade at OC. So really, alll the odds are AGAINST this team.

Hahaha your're funny dude. Ok, we fiished last season pretty good, we have a new coach, Coffee, and possibly Crabtree...and we are worse than last year? Put the pipe down dude.

I agree.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

Hahaha your're funny dude. Ok, we fiished last season pretty good, we have a new coach, Coffee, and possibly Crabtree...and we are worse than last year? Put the pipe down dude.

How old are you? 3? We finished every season since 2005 "strong". You know why? Becuase those are MEANINGLESS games!

Our new coach is an extension of our old coach. Coffee will help but he is only a backup and Crabtree... forget it. And our new OC seems to be Hostler with a lot of melanin.

So please, spare us from this fairweather-irrational optimism.
Niner Talk scares me
No more vanilla defense, time to bring on the heat. Overload blitz w/press coverage, knock the snot out of Warner. If Warner gets to cozy in the pocket then... well bad stuff will happen.
Keys to the game according to ninertalk:

Korey Sheets

maybe Bear Pascoe
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Keys to the game according to ninertalk:

Korey Sheets

maybe Bear Pascoe

• TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Well,the FACT is that the Niners had the best record in the NFL (or is that the NFC) after Sing and Hill were both in charge.
Hill had a better QB rating than several of what we think of as the best QB's in the League.
The starting O line that sing put in last year has not played together for more than a few plays in preseason . They were pretty good pass blocking last year(the starting group).
And we missed winning the division by a couple of plays last year (mostly brain farts by Mike Martz).
So at least we can be optimistic that we have a shot to be much better this year,with the improved roster and having the group of veterans together for the whole year instead of only part of last year.
I think it is undeniable that we would have won the division last year if Sing and Hill were in their current positions from day one last season. That is certainly no guarantee that things will go our way this season BUT it sure makes the SKY IS FALLING bunch look silly unless they at least wait until we actually lose a game or two before they go jump off the bridge,lol .
And if the front office and coaching staff are not making progress and doing a prety good job,then why do the cuts this year hurt more than in the past couple of years. ( answer...because the team is much more talented and the roster is so much better that we actually need to cut good players for a change ! that's a good thing !).
Keep up the good work Niners,keep getting better and building that championship caliber team,the future looks bright. There was not going to be a SB in the cards this year anyway,so just enjoy the ride and be happy that we are on the right path,or at least a better path.

I agree.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

But yet you're the one who's making a big deal about 3rd in interceptions with 7 ints! BFD ... It's PRE-SEASON!
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:
Well,the FACT is that the Niners had the best record in the NFL (or is that the NFC) after Sing and Hill were both in charge.
Hill had a better QB rating than several of what we think of as the best QB's in the League.
The starting O line that sing put in last year has not played together for more than a few plays in preseason . They were pretty good pass blocking last year(the starting group).
And we missed winning the division by a couple of plays last year (mostly brain farts by Mike Martz).
So at least we can be optimistic that we have a shot to be much better this year,with the improved roster and having the group of veterans together for the whole year instead of only part of last year.
I think it is undeniable that we would have won the division last year if Sing and Hill were in their current positions from day one last season. That is certainly no guarantee that things will go our way this season BUT it sure makes the SKY IS FALLING bunch look silly unless they at least wait until we actually lose a game or two before they go jump off the bridge,lol .
And if the front office and coaching staff are not making progress and doing a prety good job,then why do the cuts this year hurt more than in the past couple of years. ( answer...because the team is much more talented and the roster is so much better that we actually need to cut good players for a change ! that's a good thing !).
Keep up the good work Niners,keep getting better and building that championship caliber team,the future looks bright. There was not going to be a SB in the cards this year anyway,so just enjoy the ride and be happy that we are on the right path,or at least a better path.

How's that undeniable?? Basing on what did you made the leap from winning teams like the Bills or the Redskins to beating the Patriots and the Eagles when those teams were actually playing for something?

And I love how people blame the fact that we didn't make the playoffs on Martz. Please. martz was one of the main reason we were in position to make the playoff in the first place. And now he is gone and we got Hostler 2.0.

Like many os us have said, we've seen this movie before. And the ending sucks.

I agree.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

How old are you? 3? We finished every season since 2005 "strong". You know why? Becuase those are MEANINGLESS games!

Our new coach is an extension of our old coach. Coffee will help but he is only a backup and Crabtree... forget it. And our new OC seems to be Hostler with a lot of melanin.

So please, spare us from this fairweather-irrational optimism.

Old enough to be ur daddy son. What does age have to do with this discussion??? Make sense dufus...kids...wahhhh..wahhhh..wahhhh...let me give you your pacifier son..wahhh.
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:

[ Edited by alpha81 on Sep 5, 2009 at 19:17:44 ]
  • ZRF80
As I stated in another thread..........

Some of you suffer from a complex that we are the New England Patriots or the Indianapolis Colts. You see, those teams can afford 1-3 records in preseason, because they have proven track records. Their starters go in, execute 1 good drive, and you know they're ready for the season. In those circumstances, you can say "it's only preseason".

However, on a team that hasnt sniffed the playoffs in 8 years (and the only team in the NFC West that hasnt qualified for the playoffs in that span, not to mention one of 3 teams in the CONFERENCE that hasnt ranked for playoff qualification in those years), the preaseason is a LOT more than "it's just preseason". And sure, you can all you want about "vanilla" scheming, but lets keep in mind that this is a team has done a PISS-POOR job of transitioning from the same vanilla offense/defense to their "superbowl" type playcalling since 2002.

So unless you can provide me with key examples where we've surprised our opposition and thrown out spectacular games at the start of the season (as opposed to our typical "its only preseason" play during the preseason), please refrain from making bogus comments that dont make sense.

Yeah, back in the 90s, when we went 1-3 consistently during preseason, I like you would strut my s**t, hold my head up high, and talk about "it's only preseason". But now, with a team that cant even make 8-8...the preseason is a BIG DEAL because it showcases whether or not we've MASTERED the BASICS in our offensive/defensive schemes. When our starters cant sustain drives, put up points on the board, or even commit a decent pass rush...it worries me. Especially when the OPPOSITION, who also plays the same VANILLA offense/defense, can score at will and sack our QBs consistently with basic plays.

And Im sure when our team is struggling this year, the lot of ya will go hide in your closets (as you always do), sport SF Giants or SJ Sharks hats..........and pretend ther Niners dont even exist. Typical half-assed Niner fans that Ive become accustomed to over the years.

I agree.

Hahahaha ridicoulous

But yet you're the one who's making a big deal about 3rd in interceptions with 7 ints! BFD ... It's PRE-SEASON!

A big deal? Hahaha another kid
I think we will lose this game, and Hill will continue his horrible preseason play into the regular season. Dude is just incredibly bad right now. We will still have no pass rush, and Nate will get beat once, twice, maybe thrice by Fitz for TD's.

[ Edited by Method on Sep 5, 2009 at 19:22:47 ]
Share 49ersWebzone