LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by alpha81:
Originally posted by NinerGal:
After watching us play the Chargers I am in such a bad mood 'cause I live in AZ and our odds don't seem decent!!! Unless we unleash some habanero defense to flavor the vanilla defense, we have no chance against the Tards! Established offense with 2 awesome wide receivers...judging by preseason, there's no way Clements or Bly or Brown or John Doe will be able to cover them....and without a pass rush, it'll be so easy for Warner! UGH...I am so pissed.

Hey are you going to the game or what?

I'm embarassed to admit that I'm not going to the game 'cause it's around my birthday and I'm a very, very, very sore loser and don't tolerate trash talkers too well when I'm under the influence! Now that the Tards are winning and there are tons of bandwagon fans, I'm avoiding that stadium like the plague!
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Of course, Manusky hasnt gotten this point for the past 2 years....he seems to be satisfied with 3 to 4 man rush the majority of times.....and as you can see, 3rd stringers find ways to beat our all-pro corners.

Isn't it sad? People blame the lack of a bonafide pass rusher, but why is it that even the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers are ABLE to put on a pass rush against the 49er's? Could it be Manusky's schemes or LACK OF?

They're about to face Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Bret Farve and without a pass rush, they're dead meat! ... and Matt Ryan isn't too shabby either!

I heard on TV today that so far they've fired 3 Offensive Coaches, could that apply to a Defensive coach as well?

At this point I think that Singletary can take over the Defense and do as good a job as Manusky.

I will give Manusky the benefit of the doubt that he has something under his sleeves ... but if at the end of 5 games the 49er's are 1-4 or 2-3, somebody better make some serious changes or the season can be over real soon!

Yet we are ranked 3 with most ints....calm down dude
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by Hopper:
No one besides Haralson can get anywhere near the the QB.

J Smith can put the pressure.

He can at times, but the Niners move him inside to DT on third downs. That makes him less effective as a pass rusher.

[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 4, 2009 at 22:57:33 ]
After watching us play the Chargers I am in such a bad mood 'cause I live in AZ and our odds don't seem decent!!! Unless we unleash some habanero defense to flavor the vanilla defense, we have no chance against the Tards! Established offense with 2 awesome wide receivers...judging by preseason, there's no way Clements or Bly or Brown or John Doe will be able to cover them....and without a pass rush, it'll be so easy for Warner! UGH...I am so pissed.

Hey are you going to the game or what?

I'm embarassed to admit that I'm not going to the game 'cause it's around my birthday and I'm a very, very, very sore loser and don't tolerate trash talkers too well when I'm under the influence! Now that the Tards are winning and there are tons of bandwagon fans, I'm avoiding that stadium like the plague!

Just wear your jersey and anoy the f**k out of them
Ok, so here's the game plan:

1) Hit the Cardinals in the mouth.
2) Run the ball down their throats. Show em who's boss.
3) Use our intensity and sheer willpower to get good pash rush.
4) Keep the game close, and eke it out at the end by being "tougher" then them.
5) Avoid turnovers. Let's just not pass the ball at all.
6) Get turnovers. Let's show em how "no-nonsense" and "tough" we are.

Using our sheer willpower to be "winners," the Cardinals should get "worn out" by the end of the game.

The 49ers worked their butts off in training camp for this moment.

This is why they did it, this is the pay off for all their hard work. The team that worked the hardest in training camp will win the game and obviously, it will be us.

And if we don't win its because we didn't "work hard" enough.
Of course, the only remedy for that is to "work hardER." Ya that'll fix em. Work em till their lungs burst and they have heart attacks. Always harder. HARDER I SAY!

Remember, last year was the last year our season ends in December. EVER.

Yes, that means literally EVER.
In the year 2846 we will be playing in January. All because of hard work and a tough "hit em in the mouth," "winning" attitude.
Exiting.
Of course, Manusky hasnt gotten this point for the past 2 years....he seems to be satisfied with 3 to 4 man rush the majority of times.....and as you can see, 3rd stringers find ways to beat our all-pro corners.

Isn't it sad? People blame the lack of a bonafide pass rusher, but why is it that even the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers are ABLE to put on a pass rush against the 49er's? Could it be Manusky's schemes or LACK OF?

They're about to face Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Bret Farve and without a pass rush, they're dead meat! ... and Matt Ryan isn't too shabby either!

I heard on TV today that so far they've fired 3 Offensive Coaches, could that apply to a Defensive coach as well?

At this point I think that Singletary can take over the Defense and do as good a job as Manusky.

I will give Manusky the benefit of the doubt that he has something under his sleeves ... but if at the end of 5 games the 49er's are 1-4 or 2-3, somebody better make some serious changes or the season can be over real soon!

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL ... I hope you keep that same enthusiasm throughout the season!

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL ... I hope you keep that same enthusiasm throughout the season!

Go kiss Warners a*s somewhere else dude

I agree.

I don't think Manusky is working his players hard enough.

Every player on our team should wrap a 100lb chain around their body during practice. The extra weight will result in harder work. And harder work leads to more wins.

We just need to work HARDER.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I agree.

I don't think Manusky is working his players hard enough.

Every player on our team should wrap a 100lb chain around their body during practice. The extra weight will result in harder work. And harder work leads to more wins.

We just need to work HARDER.

Hahahaha ridicoulous
As for blitzing, most teams don't have some out of world scheme set up for blitzing. Its more the player in some schemes than the scheme itself.

Its preseason you drama queens. Lace your skirts and show some sack you wimps. We are gonna go into Arizona and unleash Willis and let the Offense gel.

The pressure isn't on us to win in Arizona. Its on the Cards. That is HUGE for us. Gore is fresh. Coffee is roaring. Let Hill and Bruce work. We finally have legit Vets on this team and all anyone can say is "he didn't show much in preseason" WHY WOULD THEY. Its preseason. We are doing extremely vanilla plays.

Just because some team seems to have there blitzs to the max is because that is there max. And when they get gameplanned on they get picked up.

Originally posted by Reckless:
As for blitzing, most teams don't have some out of world scheme set up for blitzing. Its more the player in some schemes than the scheme itself.

Its preseason you drama queens. Lace your skirts and show some sack you wimps. We are gonna go into Arizona and unleash Willis and let the Offense gel.

The pressure isn't on us to win in Arizona. Its on the Cards. That is HUGE for us. Gore is fresh. Coffee is roaring. Let Hill and Bruce work. We finally have legit Vets on this team and all anyone can say is "he didn't show much in preseason" WHY WOULD THEY. Its preseason. We are doing extremely vanilla plays.

Just because some team seems to have there blitzs to the max is because that is there max. And when they get gameplanned on they get picked up.

Thank you
As for the game...

Nate hasn't played well. But it is clear he isn't trying because of preseason. I looked through the NFL.com vids and it seems he is trying new approaches to WR with intangibles. Which if you watch some of Sings Pressers he talks about players being mentally over powering the other team. No excuses though step it up!

I believe if we can avoid mistakes and get them to make them, we can run down there throats. Nedney is really bothering the $hit outta me. But if we can manufacture touchdowns and play field position we can win.
  • B650
  • Veteran
AZ has sucked this preseason, but we can't overlook them. I'm sort of glad we lost to SD because now we know what it takes to win on the road. You can't play like that and expect to win. Let's go 49ers!!
Originally posted by Reckless:
As for the game...

Nate hasn't played well. But it is clear he isn't trying because of preseason. I looked through the NFL.com vids and it seems he is trying new approaches to WR with intangibles. Which if you watch some of Sings Pressers he talks about players being mentally over powering the other team. No excuses though step it up!

I believe if we can avoid mistakes and get them to make them, we can run down there throats. Nedney is really bothering the $hit outta me. But if we can manufacture touchdowns and play field position we can win.

agreed
Originally posted by Hopper:
No one besides Haralson can get anywhere near the the QB.

Haralson? He's still with the Niners? Last time I heard his name was like 8 months ago.

Share 49ersWebzone