LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by JD81:
I swear.....you people can never be pleased.

I'm happy with whatever they come up with, THAT KEEPS THE TEAM IN THE BAY AREA.

Hell, we could lose this team to Los Angeles, and then you people would realize, "Man, if only they built that simple-ass stadium and kept the team."

At least they are doing something.

if you have to build a simple-ass stadium in order to keep the team here, something is very wrong. If you are going to spend the $$$ to build a stadium, build the best. The ticket prices are going to be so high no matter what they build that all of us will have a hard time being able to buy them. I would rather they just stay AT THE STICK.

So you would rather the team stay at arguably the worst facility in football than a brand new stadium, albeit modestly designed? Constructions costs do matter as related to ticket prices, but you can bet the team would sell fair more tickets in Santa Clara at a new stadium than at the current location.

I for one see no problem in the franchise designing a stadium that is within their own means and budget.

What really matters is what happens on the field.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by JD81:
I swear.....you people can never be pleased.

I'm happy with whatever they come up with, THAT KEEPS THE TEAM IN THE BAY AREA.

Hell, we could lose this team to Los Angeles, and then you people would realize, "Man, if only they built that simple-ass stadium and kept the team."

At least they are doing something.

if you have to build a simple-ass stadium in order to keep the team here, something is very wrong. If you are going to spend the $$$ to build a stadium, build the best. The ticket prices are going to be so high no matter what they build that all of us will have a hard time being able to buy them. I would rather they just stay AT THE STICK.

So you would rather the team stay at arguably the worst facility in football than a brand new stadium, albeit modestly designed? Constructions costs do matter as related to ticket prices, but you can bet the team would sell fair more tickets in Santa Clara at a new stadium than at the current location.

I for one see no problem in the franchise designing a stadium that is within their own means and budget.

What really matters is what happens on the field.

i would rather see them put a playoff team on the field and stay. When the new stadium comes, most of us will not be able to afford our season tickets. If they have to build a Stadium, why not build the best? I don't get it. If they can afford a new Stadium, then they can build the best.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I don't think a little more creativity is asking for too much, but that's just me.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I mean really - it's like someone with beginning CAD skills quickly put this together. I'm really hoping this isn't the final design. Did they even get bids for the design from other companies? How about a signature campaign on how the current design really looks, well, cheap.

Jokes on you all. The new stadium design was created by a high schooler using Madden's EA "Stadium Creator" feature.
Does look dreadfully plain. But a new stadium is a new stadium. Hopefully they can fancy it up as time moves along.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I like it.
I think many of you are jumping the gun (or jerking the knee) with regards to the design of the stadium.

The application posted in the original topic was dated 03/12/08.

Folks, these plans are over a year old. Anyone in construction will tell you that to begin the process of developing property, plans must be presented. These plans are often modified based on city and public comment. A lot more goes into developing than just a design and some construction guys.

It be best to sit back and take in the information currently available.
Originally posted by susweel:
Jets new stadium looks nice.

Jets AND Giants new stadium actually . . . . I guess if we start a Joint Venture with the Raiders we could add some frills.
I guess its true what they say. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I really like it.
we should of had a dome it would of been way better..

• DVDA
  • Veteran
-What I care about-
1: Every seat has a great view of the field.
2: The stadium is LOUD!
3: The 49ers do not change their name from San Francisco to anything else.

Everything else is secondary. Personally, I like simple designs over these UFOs other teams are building.
those others may look nice but i bet the santa clara stadium will be 100x more high tech..lots of possibilities in the middle of the valley.
Originally posted by MaNnY09:

Domes suck IMO. Football is too be played outdoors in the weather regardless if its rainy or snowy.
Originally posted by MaNnY09:

domes are soft
I really don't like this design. The Jets/Giants stadium has a simple design to it but it looks amazing. Ours just looks like a college stadium. It's sad to say this but there are some college stadiums that look better then this. It could be just the drawings they are releasing that make the stadium look not so appealing to some, but I could be wrong.

I'm against domes, football is too be played in the elements, but I just wish they make it look a little better.

[ Edited by ninermaniac on May 29, 2009 at 15:28:12 ]
Share 49ersWebzone