There are 225 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
This is just sad. The stadium is like most of the building in Santa Clara or San Jose…functional with no style or pizzazz. A stadium is part of a city’s skyline and is a major component in establishing a cities identity. It also will establish a team’s identity.

In today’s NFL people want more then functional and if I am going to have to pay a seat license plus deal with a 50-100% increase in season tickets I sure as hell better get more then just a functional stadium.

With this stadium I do not see a Super Bowl coming to the Santa Clara anytime soon

You guys say this, but we have never seen a good rendering of the exterior of the stadium. We also haven't seen any details
Not bad.
they should build a roller coaster from great that will go over the stadium! ok ok jk
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
they should build a roller coaster from great that will go over the stadium! ok ok jk

I just wonder if they would rename "Top Gun" and call if "The Falcon" or name "The Grizzly" "The Bear". ;-)
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
Jets new stadium looks nice.

Jets AND Giants new stadium actually . . . . I guess if we start a Joint Venture with the Raiders we could add some frills.

Not worth it.
ummm ya. our stadium actually does look pretty boring! a eye sore for the good year blimp! but if they built places for desginated keg stands in areas of the stadium i'd be a very happy man!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
Jets new stadium looks nice.

Jets AND Giants new stadium actually . . . . I guess if we start a Joint Venture with the Raiders we could add some frills.

Not worth it.

I think it would be a good idea to share a stadium. It just does not make sense to spend a trillion dollars on something that is only used 10 times a year.
oh and another sad thing to point out... it kinda looks like stanfords football stadium! might as well play at stanford if it's gonna look like that!
Originally posted by ninermaniac:
I really don't like this design. The Jets/Giants stadium has a simple design to it but it looks amazing. Ours just looks like a college stadium. It's sad to say this but there are some college stadiums that look better then this. It could be just the drawings they are releasing that make the stadium look not so appealing to some, but I could be wrong.

I'm against domes, football is too be played in the elements, but I just wish they make it look a little better.

ya... the new stadium actually looks exactly like stanfords. i wonder if it's the same contractors!
I think it's been pointed out in previous posts, but these basic renderings have been clipped from a 14 month old City of Santa Clara zoning variance application and IN NO WAY are presented in a form to sway public opinion on the final design.

I'm pretty sure that's the final design. This design was well detailed in their proposal to the city, so....

but whtvr, i hope ur right

[ Edited by WestCoast on May 29, 2009 at 18:01:31 ]

if this is what it will eventually look like i will be a very man

I think it's been pointed out in previous posts, but these basic renderings have been clipped from a 14 month old City of Santa Clara zoning variance application and IN NO WAY are presented in a form to sway public opinion on the final design.

Even if that's true it worries me that they're not at least trying to generate a little excitement by releasing some concept drawings that actually look good.
if it looks like this! sorry guys... but if you ask me it looks very similar to this!

LOL ^^^^^^^it doesn't look like that
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 190836:
Now that's one ugly stadium.

I know alot of people think that....but I think your just too used to seeing the new Space Age stuff in Dallas and Phoenix.

Ya know what...we don't NEED that stuff. Phoenix is the desert and Dallas is humid as hell.

The best part about a stadium in Nor Cal is the Weather.

I like this stadium alot because it puts whats most important first...Fan Experience...not looking pretty in pictures and paintings.

Ya know what pretty? A full stadium and the Niners bound to the Bay Area for another 30 or 40 years.

I respect your opinion and You have some valid points. But I still think this is a really ugly design. I've been in many many stadiums around the world (since I am an avid soccer fan), but this one is just too plain for me. We live in a world class area with some of the most sophisticated people. We deserve better than this plain design.

[ Edited by 190836 on May 29, 2009 at 18:57:44 ]
Share 49ersWebzone