There are 152 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Am not a resident of the bay area NOT even close so i should care less if they dont play in San Francisco BUT!!!!! i do care , if they change the name from San Francisco 49ers to Santa Clara 49ers it just wouldnt sound right & what if they did & the next thing u know the SF on the helmet turns into SC

Does anybody feel the same way i do about this?

That has already been addressed. They will still be called the San Francisco 49ers just like we don't have the Arlington Cowboys or the New Jersey Jets.

well ill take your word for it buddy
that was really my only concern, if anything their going to be closer to home so i wont mind a bit if they move to Santa Clara
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Am not a resident of the bay area NOT even close so i should care less if they dont play in San Francisco BUT!!!!! i do care , if they change the name from San Francisco 49ers to Santa Clara 49ers it just wouldnt sound right & what if they did & the next thing u know the SF on the helmet turns into SC

Does anybody feel the same way i do about this?

That has already been addressed. They will still be called the San Francisco 49ers just like we don't have the Arlington Cowboys or the New Jersey Jets.

^ESTO^
Those are not gonna be the final colors of our seating because that would be awful I think with some better colors it may be alright.
All the details you could ever want about the design of the new Santa Clara Stadium...

It looks like they actually moved the site tho. It was supposed to be on the other side of that creek (the treeline in the lower left of the first pic). They moved it right next to the existing 49ers Facility....4949 Centennial. It now looks like one big complex.

I know there are alot of people who don't like it because it kinda bland, but I personally like it. It reminds me of Lincoln Financial in Philli.

Below is the presentation to the city.

http://santaclaraca.gov/pdf/collateral/49ers-20080813-Project-Description.pdf

What a GREAT design, easy to build and superb value.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Why do you guys want something that looks like the Seahawks stadium? It looks like a giant airplane hanger ready to take off.

Guys, I am an architect. The biggest value in getting a stadium like the Seahawks, or many of the other new stadiums being designed, for that fact, is accoustics. Home field advantage takes on a whole new meaning when you begin to reflect sound back down to the field.

As far as design goes, I personally think the new stadium design is total crap! There are so many things you can do with a stadium to make them aesthetically pleasing as well as serving the function for their intened use(s).

I don't buy into some of the statements on this thread that it comes down to the cost to build in the bay area. Yes it costs more, but not that much.

At the end of the day I don't see that HNTB has ever done an NFL facility (at least none are listed on their website). I think the brass just hired somebody with a big name and portfolio and are not considering the benefit of good and current design.

NFL teams make billions of dollars every year. A modern stadium should be set apart from NCAA stadiums and I don't see how this one is.

Remember, this will be our facility for many years to come. Why shouldn't it look like it is the best? How many other teams have the history of the 49ers?

On another similar note. If you just look at what is being leaked as far as renderings and presentations, they look like complete amateurs did them. How can we, as fans, expect more from the intellecutal design or finished product of this facility if the design architect can't even produce images that communicate to us!

I have not seen anything from HTNB that would warrant calling this anything but a total and complete failure in design, accoustical understanding and communication.
  • IronOrr1685
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Envy:
What happens when it rains?

They get wet.

Great to hear:
I like it nice and simple. I also remember reading a while ago that it was design for crowed noise to help the team. The only question I have is how come there is grass on top of the luxury boxes???

[ Edited by luis1985 on May 29, 2009 at 14:35:41 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like the design, but I just don't like how the upper seats don't go all the way around the stadium. I don't like the open space look and hope they use those spaces to add more seats.
Originally posted by imdarchitect:
NFL teams make billions of dollars every year.

NFL teams make billions of dollars every year? Forbes says otherwise.

Forbes.com:NFL Team Valuations (2004)

To put things in perspective, the 49ers in 2004 had an operating profit of $29,400,000 (before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization). You could total up every franchise's operating profit and still not get to a billion.

[ Edited by redrathman on May 29, 2009 at 14:39:37 ]
Why do you guys want something that looks like the Seahawks stadium? It looks like a giant airplane hanger ready to take off.

Guys, I am an architect. The biggest value in getting a stadium like the Seahawks, or many of the other new stadiums being designed, for that fact, is accoustics. Home field advantage takes on a whole new meaning when you begin to reflect sound back down to the field.

As far as design goes, I personally think the new stadium design is total crap! There are so many things you can do with a stadium to make them aesthetically pleasing as well as serving the function for their intened use(s).

I don't buy into some of the statements on this thread that it comes down to the cost to build in the bay area. Yes it costs more, but not that much.

At the end of the day I don't see that HNTB has ever done an NFL facility (at least none are listed on their website). I think the brass just hired somebody with a big name and portfolio and are not considering the benefit of good and current design.

NFL teams make billions of dollars every year. A modern stadium should be set apart from NCAA stadiums and I don't see how this one is.

Remember, this will be our facility for many years to come. Why shouldn't it look like it is the best? How many other teams have the history of the 49ers?

On another similar note. If you just look at what is being leaked as far as renderings and presentations, they look like complete amateurs did them. How can we, as fans, expect more from the intellecutal design or finished product of this facility if the design architect can't even produce images that communicate to us!

I have not seen anything from HTNB that would warrant calling this anything but a total and complete failure in design, accoustical understanding and communication.

Now someone who gets it. Why settle for 2nd or 10th or 20th best? I don't get it. If you are going to Build a New Stadium, why settle for 2nd best? That design will be old by time its put up, in fact if some of us think it looks like crap today, what do you think its going to be in 5 years when its brand new? Maybe some of you are just happy to have something new no matter what it looks like. Maybe thats why the 49ers have become a so so team in the last 10 years. I would like a 1st class stadium that is small and has the seats close to the field and can get crazy loud like Seattles. Don't do this on the cheap.

First, NFL teams don't "make billions of dollars" each year.

Second, unlike most NFL teams that have had rent free property and FULL public financing thrown their way, the Niners will be on the hook for the vast majority of the construction costs and will be dealing with a hefty construction loan payment if this deal ever gets done . . . unlike most of their NFL competitors.

So nobody should be too surprised that the initial designs don't have all the bells and whistles of the recent publicly financed football palaces around the NFL.
Originally posted by JD81:
I swear.....you people can never be pleased.

I'm happy with whatever they come up with, THAT KEEPS THE TEAM IN THE BAY AREA.

Hell, we could lose this team to Los Angeles, and then you people would realize, "Man, if only they built that simple-ass stadium and kept the team."

At least they are doing something.

if you have to build a simple-ass stadium in order to keep the team here, something is very wrong. If you are going to spend the $$$ to build a stadium, build the best. The ticket prices are going to be so high no matter what they build that all of us will have a hard time being able to buy them. I would rather they just stay AT THE STICK.
Foregt the fancy pictures, just show me the money. That's really still the issue, not design aesthetics.

I have been saying this from the beginning... you look at these designs and compare them to other ones from around the league (future stadiums in KC, San Diego, Vikings, Saints) and ours just seems soooo off...its like they are not even serious and are trying to call San Francisco's bluff or something...

Do they expect the residents of Santa Clara to cough up money, by showing them these designs.....

Hell, the old San Francisco Mall Project had WAAAAAAYYYY better looking renders and designs... its hard to find pics of them now online for some reason. Here is a small one.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jets new stadium looks nice.

Share 49ersWebzone