LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

The future integrity of the NFL after Super Bowl 47

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sugar_Rush:
Originally posted by mattster03:
No one to blame but the team. Refs are going to make bad calls and miss easy ones. It's up to the team to put themselves in the position to win the game... we didn't do that this year. We will back in the superbowl next year as a bigger, faster and stronger team with more chemistry. I cannot wait for next year to unfold...

Yeah but... Ray Lewis was a better story than all the talk about the Pistol Offense and Kaep. Imagine the story line if number 11 was the starter.

I heard plenty of talk about the Pistol Offense and Kaep. I will not try to imagine number 11 as the starter, because he was not.
No one to blame but the team. Refs are going to make bad calls and miss easy ones. It's up to the team to put themselves in the position to win the game... we didn't do that this year. We will back in the superbowl next year as a bigger, faster and stronger team with more chemistry. I cannot wait for next year to unfold...

Yeah but... Ray Lewis was a better story than all the talk about the Pistol Offense and Kaep. Imagine the story line if number 11 was the starter.

I heard plenty of talk about the Pistol Offense and Kaep. I will not try to imagine number 11 as the starter, because he was not.

Yeah so did I but Ray Lewis had a better story. Damm what happened to our fan base?
I thought we had butt hurt bad call thread? Mods merge lock down what ever you need to do, maybe move this thread to a Seaf*gs board, but contrary to the popular myth, we do not tolerate whining! We are often referred to as the Forty WINErs, because we are known to be classer than the average beer guzzling football fan, now show some class! We had a bottle of Chardonnay and wedge of brie on hand incase of emergency, after the second half kick, we started pounding white wine and eating brie....we just needed another bottle of wine, I feel this loss was my fault, didn't go wine sooner, and didn't chill enough! Next year I will have case chilled up and ready to go!
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Referees have been reluctant to throw flags in the final minutes since the beginning of mankind. It is a well known fact. It's our own fault for calling such stupid plays to put our fates in the hands of a PI call.

what about during the other 55 minutes when we got screwed countless times? two holds on that kick return clear as day and no flag

Yes, holds in the kick return, blatantly obvious. Holds on Crabtree, and not just at the end, blatantly obvious. Contact BEFORE the ball arrives and beyond the first 5 yds. An ejectable offense, shoving the ref, not even called. I can't recall more one-sided officiating. But, we put ourselves in the position to allow the refs to decide the game for us; no one else to blame for that. And don't get me started on the playcalling, esp on that last series. Inexplicable! Four runs off the read option would have almost guaranteed a score. After all, Gore scored 3 times in the playoffs in almost identical circumstances (was he even in on that series?). AARGH!

And....we haven't even discussed the offensive P.I. non-call on the near Culliver pick nor the off-sides on Ed Reed on the 2-point conversion. Meanwhile, the Niners get dinged for a very ticky-tack penalty on the first play of the game (which isn't called more than half the time) in addition to a questionable P.I. call on Culliver on 3rd and 9 on the Ravens final drive which resulted in an important FG. I'm just saying in general....the Niners got the short end of the officiating stick....and the game was decided by 3 points. Heck, if the kick return TD was correctly called back, the Niners probably win this game.

For those of you who want to say...."Oh, just let them play"....don't your dare go there!!! The whole point of even having officials is to have them officiate (enforce the rules!). Some of you are probably saying "Oh, the Niners got the same non-call against the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game"....and you would be wrong!!! Bowman hit Roddy White within the 5 yard limit and therefore it was not a penalty. When the ball was in the air, Bowman didn't have his hands on White and knocked the ball away when it arrived. Not the same play at all compared to Crabtree, who was held for 3 full yards on the 4th down play and ended up missing the ball by about 2 feet.

The NFL should be embarrassed by that disgraceful display of "officiating"...

Solution: Put the head ref in the booth and have him look at every play (penalty or not) and he makes the final call whether or not there should be a flag. If the refs on the field miss something, he throws a flag from the booth. Simple as that. Right now, the college refs do a better job of officiating than the guys in the NFL do...and the NFL has virtually unlimited resources. Get the damn call right!!!
If we were on the other end of the calls we would laugh at haters.

Don't discredit the Ravens.
I think the Miller hold and the PI on Crabs were pretty obvious and should have been called but even more obvious was the lack of ejection/flag from the shove and the no call on any of the hold in the end zone on the safety. Has the NFL explained either of these non-calls?
Ah, the D folded in the first half , then roman/ Coach H folded on the final 4 plays of game from the 5 yd line. Refs? Hell, they are good , then bad. Can't complain
The best refs should be in the SB. Lots of evidence that Jerome Boger was not the best:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/jerome-boger-super-bowl-referee_n_2585207.html
  • Chico
  • Veteran
i feel you bro! refs were terrible but in the end, we had a chance to punch it in from the 5 and failed! I don't think the NFL will lose credibility and become the NBA but there should be an asterisk next to their SB Victory...and Ray Lewis makes me sick to my stomach
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Bull.

If I was a Ravens fan I would be happy dont get me wrong, but I also would have a dirty taste in my mouth from it. The last thing you want as a Super Bowl winner is for people to point to the refs as a reason that you won.

Originally posted by rondoman:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Bull.

If I was a Ravens fan I would be happy dont get me wrong, but I also would have a dirty taste in my mouth from it. The last thing you want as a Super Bowl winner is for people to point to the refs as a reason that you won.

All the ones I talk to either smile or say BS. Non seem to have a dirty taste in their mouth.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Referees have been reluctant to throw flags in the final minutes since the beginning of mankind. It is a well known fact. It's our own fault for calling such stupid plays to put our fates in the hands of a PI call.

While I agree with you stance about the plays if people who have little understanding of the NFL rules wonder why its ok to call that penalty the rest of the season just not in "that" situation, then maybe there is something wrong about it? When comparing that with Culliver's PI call, which would you say was worse? One is a poor call because it wasn't a penalty and the other was non-call because they both made contact? Now guess which ones I'm talking about?
It's not an exact science, but when a player shoves a ref in the chest and gets away with it, what's up? The first play of the game don't call a penalty. Ted Robinson made a good point when he observed that refs, most always, let the play stand and tell the offense they'll call it next time. There was so much bad press with the ref strike Good-Dell made a point to let them play. On the kickoff return for a touchdown as Jones is pulling away there's a Raven putting a bear hug on a 49er in open space. Not one holding call on either team the entire game. One pass interference call. A head ref that should not have been there. In the end we beat ourselves more than the Ravens and refs did

Do you REALLY think that Smith throws for 300 and rushes for 60?
yeah we were robbed. Its a conspiracy. Oh Brother
Share 49ersWebzone