LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

The future integrity of the NFL after Super Bowl 47

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by crabman82:
what i am saying is every single game in the history of pro football has bad or missed calls in it. we've had games this year where we have s**t kicked teams and had bad calls against us or a no call in a clear penalty situation. we didnt whine about those, you know why? cus the team played through those things and still won the game. to me the problem wasnt the refs, it was our piss poor execution in all 3 phases of the game when it mattered the most.

We still overcame it so it was pretty much the refs. The rational fans know the refs screwed us over big time while the irrational ones still see it as it was the team to blame for the loss.

It was all about the first play of the game where the refs effed us over for a so-called illegal formation. That wiped out a first down and a 20 yard gain. It was also an instant momentum killer. We probably would have scored too.

Playing poor is one thing but a team can win despite a poor game.

For some strange reason they cannot register this simple concept.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:

They are probably seeing it as if we played flawlessly than we would have overcame the refs screwing us over.
When does the NFL release fine information? Cary Williams better get hit with a 20k+ fine. If they don't fine him that will be a joke.
  • fryet
  • Veteran

They are probably seeing it as if we played flawlessly than we would have overcame the refs screwing us over.

Flawlessly? We had 4 tries from the 7 to get into the end zone. It did not require us to have flawless execution in order to beat Baltimore.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crimsontide:
There's much to be concerned about here. From *any* objective standpoint, this was a corruptly-officiated Super Bowl at worst, and an incompetently officiated one at best. How can the League survive such blatant non-calls/missed calls, especially on its biggest stage? A player shoves an NFL referee and doesn't get ejected? Players holding players everywhere; I hope you don't need me to rehash when and where. Exactly who were those refs, anyway? They seemed pretty unknown to me. This post is NOT about sour grapes for this decades-long Niner fan, though it certainly could be. It's about the integrity of the officiating, and the long-term consequences for the NFL. If the rules don't count in the NFL's biggest event, when do they ever count?

Steelers vs Seahawks was worse.
Originally posted by fryet:
Flawlessly? We had 4 tries from the 7 to get into the end zone. It did not require us to have flawless execution in order to beat Baltimore.

Yeah, one of the tries was an uncalled PI preventing an obvious score.
Originally posted by fryet:

It required a no call on 4 different instances.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rondoman:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
If we were on the other end of the calls we would laugh at haters.

Don't discredit the Ravens.

Bull.

If I was a Ravens fan I would be happy dont get me wrong, but I also would have a dirty taste in my mouth from it. The last thing you want as a Super Bowl winner is for people to point to the refs as a reason that you won.

Hmmm ... I know it's been said a billion times, but, isn't it funny that the 2 more recent SB's where officiating was an issue .... teams from the AFC North were the winners?? And both the losing teams were NFC West teams????
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM ]
If the shoe were on the other foot, and the game played out exactly in the opposite way it did (e.g. Niners built a 28-6 lead, 'all' the calls went our way, we had a goal line stand at the end of the game, etc), the future of the integrity of the Super Bowl would still be in question moving forward, right? Our record in the big game would be 6-0* (5-0, 1-0* with the help of the refs), right?

Originally posted by rondoman:
Bull.

If I was a Ravens fan I would be happy dont get me wrong, but I also would have a dirty taste in my mouth from it. The last thing you want as a Super Bowl winner is for people to point to the refs as a reason that you won.

The Ravens could have won with a properly called game...

We know the 49ers lost with BS calls
Share 49ersWebzone