There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Calvin breaks Jerry's yardage record...thoughts?

Originally posted by Niners99:
I still cant believe Rice never won an MVP Award. It seems absurd.

Super Bowl MVP doe

He is a good dude. If anyone deserves the record in this era its him. Put him on a good franchise, with a non overrated QB, and it would be rediculous the #'s he would put up.
here's just a quick note: the league has changed a lot since Jerry broke that record. DB's can't touch the WR now. Back then they got away with more. Much more physical.
He is a very fine receiver. Jerry took the news with great class. The game evolves.

That's pretty much it.
i like calvin johnson as a player and as a person he seems like a good dude. im happy for the guy, he worked hard and he broke the record. jerry rice himself is happy for him so im happy for him too. i didnt want him to break it but now that he did already ill be rooting for him to get to 2000
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Game is always changing...CJ now holds the record and it is pretty damn amazing. CJ will go down as the second greatest WR of all time (at the very least) if he stays healthy. We have not seen that kind of speed, size, athleticism, route running, hands in one receiver...EVER - and to his credit, he has made it all count on game-days.

Congrats to CJ - totally worthy of breaking Rice's records.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Most of Rice records will fall in our life time, if not all

I don't know about that, man. I feel pretty damn good about nobody catching his career Receptions, TD's, Yardage, and Consecutive Games with a Reception.

I hope not as well.

Megatron is not only breaking Jerry Rices record , he may SHATTER the record by eclipsing 2,000 yards.

Tony G could probably break the career receptions record if he wanted to. He is only about 300 behind, and is close to Having a 100 reception year at the age of 36.

QBs dropping crazy numbers, TEs starting to have Jerry Rice like years, etc.

A lot is going on in the new era
Congrats to Calvin Johnson!
Calvin is probably the most gifted WR to ever play the game. He's the only WR I can recall facing double and triple coverage on a regular basis and still makes plays. The guy deserves the record. This won't be the last record he breaks.
Good for him.
Records were made to be broken. Calvin Johnson is an amazing player, IMO the most physically talented receiver in NFL history, but he's also a decent, humble person.

Congrats Calvin, well done.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i like calvin johnson as a player and as a person he seems like a good dude. im happy for the guy, he worked hard and he broke the record. jerry rice himself is happy for him so im happy for him too. i didnt want him to break it but now that he did already ill be rooting for him to get to 2000

this is my view as well. Calvin Johnson is one of my favorite players in the NFL to watch.
#1 receiver and all but he'll be sitting at home come January. Plus the team will suck next year
With the way the rules are and all the pass happy offenses, some of Jerrys records are going to be broken. I am just glad Calvin is the one breaking them. He seems like a good guy and he respects the game. Unlike some other a sshole diva WR's.
I'm fine with it. Records are meant to be broken.

Calvin Johnson is a beast; however, Jerry Rice is the GOAT!