LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Calvin breaks Jerry's yardage record...thoughts?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Most of Rice records will fall in our life time, if not all
CJ will end up being one of the greatest WRs of all time..and will have nothing but records to show for it. Just like barry sanders
he'll retire early just like barry sanders
Best Non qb player on O
1. He's on my fantasy team, so I'm down with it

2. Would have liked it if it had been during a meaningful season--as in, his team wasn't 4-11. Oh well. CJ is the man, I really don't like Stafford, dude only puts up numbers because he throws it 60 times every game.
All records will be broken eventually. 15-20 years from now, when DB's are no longer allowed to breath in the direction of opposing players, WR's will be putting up 2000 yards receiving regularly.
god damn he is the humblest, non-diva, freak of a nature wide-receiver ever
I like Calvin Johnson, I'm just not impressed
It's totally the rule changes. Rice would have more under these new rules. Everything favors the offense for 20 years of rule changes. Rice would love to play in this era in his prime. Totally different game now and different rules. That said Calvin is impressive and so are his stats.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Most of Rice records will fall in our life time, if not all

I don't know about that, man. I feel pretty damn good about nobody catching his career Receptions, TD's, Yardage, and Consecutive Games with a Reception.

Originally posted by jrg:

He still has 1 more week to get a career ending injury.
Congratulations to Calvin. He's pretty much the only star on that whole Lions roster. And he's the best WR in the league as well, not even close. Sorry Larry.
I still cant believe Rice never won an MVP Award. It seems absurd.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Congratulations to Calvin. He's pretty much the only star on that whole Lions roster. And he's the best WR in the league as well, not even close. Sorry Larry.

If Fitzgerald had a real QB, hed still be the best IMO.

I think hes the most well rounded WR in football. Hes got better hands than CJ, and runs much better routes.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I still cant believe Rice never won an MVP Award. It seems absurd.

Super Bowl MVP doe

Share 49ersWebzone