There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL great Junior Seau dead?

This is friggin tragic. I actually liked him.

RIP and may God have mercy on his soul and all of ours.
Self inflicted gun shot to the chest?

Maybe....

But that seems like an unusual way to commit suicide.

It's certainly possible. Ex NFL players have a significantly higher suicide rate than normal people. But I hope this is being investigated because it seems to me that when people are shot in the chest it's usually by other people.
man this is so sad, RIP and prayers to his family
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Maybe....

It's certainly possible. Ex NFL players have a significantly higher suicide rate than normal people. But I hope this is being investigated because it seems to me that when people are shot in the chest it's usually by other people.
I think he shot himself in the chest instead of the head so that maybe they could use his brain and run some more tests. Hopefully they figure out what it is that is making these players kill themselves
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
I think he shot himself in the chest instead of the head so that maybe they could use his brain and run some more tests. Hopefully they figure out what it is that is making these players kill themselves

• dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
Very sad seeing his mother talking to the media.........

Yea just saw that on NFLN and it brought a tear to my eye. Such a sad day. RIP Seau and my prayers are with your mother that she can get through this terrible ordeal.
damn hearing his mother talk was sad, R.I.P. Junior Seau
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Maybe....

It's happening in hockey too. Apparently you dont even need concussions to suffer brain trauma, doctors are finding little black spots on brains that are being caused by minor contact. scary. It seems like even if you dont even need to be concussed to be permanently injured after playing most sports.

Seau was one of my favorite players, really liked his style of play. Sad sad news. R.I.P
There was a troubled aspect to that guy in the last few years. He drove off a cliff with his SUV one time. Cops never figured out why. He survived that. He had many fights with his wife or is it ex wife. I believe police were called sometimes for that. Just a lot of craziness there. I believe he was just going through a lot. The loss of football after getting older and retired. Plus the divorce. I think a lot of loss of money from the divorce I believe he was going through. Also his restaurant I think was losing money "Seau's." There is new competition in the area that there never was before.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Suicide is such a selfish act. How could somone of such importance to the lives of others take himself away from them? I feel for his family, friends, and all the people who were touch by his contribution to his community. A big piece of their lives has been snatched away from them, never to get it back. Im saddened by this whole situation.

Don't fall of your pedestal, you might get hurt. You don't know how skewed his perspective on reality was, he may have thought it beneficial for others that he kill himself. Depression isn't something you can just wish away.

You ever have someone really close to you commit suicide?

Didn't think so.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
You ever have someone really close to you commit suicide?

Didn't think so.

Actually, yes. My first thoughts were how they felt and how I couldn't help them, not how 'selfish' they were. It would have been selfish of me to immediately be angry at them because >>>I<<< wanted them to just get over it. Depression is a disease.
Originally posted by NJNiner:

What's with the face?
I am still in shock and disbeleif
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" much love to my uso Jr. He did great things for the kids down here.