LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 200 users in the forums

When will people finally admit Aaron Rodgers has incredible talent around him?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The bias here is laughable. Any time a QB throws for over 400 yards he gets ripped to shreds, remember Cam Newton getting bashed. Yet Alex Smith ends up just shy of a 200 yards a game average and people are calling him top 5.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I agree they have a lot of talent. Best WR core by far of any team in the NFL. But still I'm sure if they had the internet in the 80s with twitter and such you would have a ton of people using that same excuse for Joe Montana. Aaron Rogers is a great QB. Does his WR talent give him a big advantage? Yes.

Actually with joe Montana he actually won 2 I repeat 2 super bowls without rice. Taylor Brent jones ........Rodgers has never won anything without 2 great wars.....so that argument is done. Last year gb had a great defense like the miners did in 1981 and 1984 but Montana never had a great wr

There is no "Jerry Rice" on this Packers team. By that I mean Hall of Fame.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Yeah this is a stupid thread. Rodgers made those guys great. Yes someone can come in for a game and keep it rolling, but it's because they are used to the level he set. Anyone who watches him play, the passes are perfect every time. He may have missed 5 throws all year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They put in scrub backup Matt Flynn and he has 480 yards and 6 TD's. It's ALL the system, play calling, WR's, TE's, O Line protection and coaching. You can plug anybody into Green Bay and they look better than Dan Marino Joe Montana combined... It's absurd to think the guy doesn't have incredible receivers around him. They catch every ball, don't drop a thing, have speed and size and break tackles and get huge YAC. If you played scrub Matt Flynn for the whole year he would go the Pro Bowl as a starter, win every game except maybe 1 and win the Super Bowl. That's an absurdly talented team. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise. They are awesome in all aspects of offensive production. And obviously it's not just the QB. Because you have seen what the backup did. And Matt Flynn on our team with all the drops and shoddy O Line protection surely wouldn't do that...

Would JTO look better than Dan Marino Joe Montana combined ?
  • buck
  • Veteran
You seem to imply that the talent on the Packers has not been recognized.

I beg to differ.

Many times I have heard announcers say that the Packers have the most talent of any team in the NFL.
It is pretty obvious you could put most QBs into that system with that talent for 3 seasons and the results would not differ much. But for Rodgers the key is accuracy he's incredibly accurate on intermediate and deep passes. Flynn got Detroits secondary that bomb to Nelson would went back the other way against us.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Dan Patrick and his Dannettes made a good point on his radio show. Aaron Rodgers is a system QB. So were Joe Montana and Steve Young. So is Drew Brees. There's nothing wrong with being a system QB. It's competent coaching and management. If you work extremely well within a system, you can still be an elite QB.

Don't agree at all. Steve young would perform well on almost any decent team and Montana kicked ass on the chiefs.........to the championship game. Bree's was very good on sd and great on new Orleans. So these system abs would do well in just about any system. I wouldnt call them system abs at all I would rather consider them to be great abs that have done great in almost any system
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
There is no "Jerry Rice" on this Packers team. By that I mean Hall of Fame.

That's a wonderful observation....but there is Jennings a pro bowl and top 5 wr that could eventually be a hover and Nelson and jones and driver and Finley so don't know the point you are trying to make when rodgers would never do great without his great wr core and Montana won 2 subs with Dwight Clark....wow. Last time I checked rogers is a great qb with great weapons, however when they didn't have great weapons I seem to recall an 8-8 and a 9-7 team with a good qb not a great one. Now they have better weapons = great qb......hence the whole point of this thread
well it does prove that the Green Bay is a play off team without Rodgers....and Colts get the first pick witout Manning....Manning for MVP...
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Most Valuable Player. We saw a good indication of what the Packers are without Rodgers. Where are the Saints without Brees? Chase Daniel is their backup. I think Brees is far more integral to their offense than Rodgers is to GB's offense. Without Rodgers, I think GB still wins their division. Without Brees, I think the Saints are at best a 6-10 team. Rodgers has more talent around him and I don't think he's 1/5 the team leader that Brees is. Just judging their play alone, Rodgers had the better season, but the only question is what value they bring to their teams.
[ Edited by vaden on Jan 4, 2012 at 4:08 AM ]

Originally posted by vaden:
Most Valuable Player. We saw a good indication of what the Packers are without Rodgers. Where are the Saints without Brees? Chase Daniel is their backup. I think Brees is far more integral to their offense than Rodgers is to GB's offense. Without Rodgers, I think GB still wins their division. Without Brees, I think the Saints are at best a 6-10 team. Rodgers has more talent around him and I don't think he's 1/5 the team leader that Brees is. Just judging their play alone, Rodgers had the better season, but the only question is what value they bring to their teams.

I agree Brees is more important to his team. Without Rodgers they still win their division easily. There is huge talent on that team.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Yeah this is a stupid thread. Rodgers made those guys great. Yes someone can come in for a game and keep it rolling, but it's because they are used to the level he set. Anyone who watches him play, the passes are perfect every time. He may have missed 5 throws all year.

A scrub backup comes in cold off the bench. Not playing much all year and posts 480 yards and 6 TD's like a walk in the park. You could put a 3rd stringer in on GB and get 400 yards and 4 TD's at least....
Originally posted by Hitman49:
well it does prove that the Green Bay is a play off team without Rodgers....and Colts get the first pick witout Manning....Manning for MVP...

Manning is more important to the Colts by far than Rodgers is to the Packers. I don't even see an argument there. The Packers don't go 2 - 14 and get the #1 pick if Rodgers gets injured. They still win their division and are a playoff team.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 4, 2012 at 4:42 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

A scrub backup comes in cold off the bench. Not playing much all year and posts 480 yards and 6 TD's like a walk in the park. You could put a 3rd stringer in on GB and get 400 yards and 4 TD's at least....

That will probably get a 50 - 60 million dollar contract this offseason.
Then I guess Joe and Steve were over rated since Bono, Grbac and I think it was another played very well in substitution.
Share 49ersWebzone