LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

When will people finally admit Aaron Rodgers has incredible talent around him?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by susweel:
Stop trying to discredit Aaron Rodgers he is a great talent himself.

Cant believe the lengths some Alex Smith fans go to discredit other great QBs.

Agree, but you do the same the other way.

How so ?

Spewing anti-Alex at every opportunity, almost every thread, comparisons, etc. I agreed with you because it's true, now do the honest thing and admit the negative ones do the same thing. Or not, I don't care.

If something is warranted like him missing wide open players, or failing to score TDs in the red zone or rolling in to sacks. Then yes I will make comments on that, if I feel he is holding back an offense I will make comments on that. But you never see me starting stupid ass threads trying to discredit other great players just because Im trying to build up my own guy that I have an hard on for.
[ Edited by susweel on Jan 2, 2012 at 4:16 PM ]
If something is warranted like him missing wide open players, or failing to score TDs in the red zone or rolling in to sacks. Then yes I will make comments on that, if I feel he is holding back an offense I will make comments on that. But you never see me starting stupid ass threads trying to discredit other great players just because Im trying to build up my own guy that I have an hard on for.

Starting a thread is only one way to accomplish it. Besides, you said fans- plural. I also included the anti fans as "they" do it also in reverse. Agree? You have seen those threads though from others right?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Starting a thread is only one way to accomplish it. Besides, you said fans- plural. I also included the anti fans as "they" do it also in reverse. Agree? You have seen those threads though from others right?

Yes I agree with you on that one, I have seen it go both ways.

Cool. But Rodgers is pretty damn good, and I like Smith.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Yes Rodger is pretty damn good, and I also like Smith but I do wish he would play better at times.

Yes Rodger is pretty damn good, and I also like Smith but I do wish he would play better at times.

You don't like Smith.....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He's a good dude but this is a performance based business.

13 - 3 and the #2 seed and a playoff bye week IS NOT TEH SSUUUXXOOORRSSS.....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Packers are 15-1 and the one seed. So what's the point of your thread.

More like 10-6, kiss the #2 seed goodbye, badly beaten by teh Pittsburgh Steelers, and one and done in the playoffs
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Jan 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM ]

The title of this thread implies that the two things (Aaron Rodgers being good, and GB having a talented team) have to be mutually exclusive, when that is not the case, both can be true.

Furthermore, you have taken an incredibly small sample size (one game by Flynn) and used it as evidence to substantiate a much larger argument.

Is Green Bay a talented team? Yes, very.

Is Aaron Rodgers a great quarterback? Yes, definitely, regardless of the team around him.
They put in scrub backup Matt Flynn and he has 480 yards and 6 TD's. It's ALL the system, play calling, WR's, TE's, O Line protection and coaching. You can plug anybody into Green Bay and they look better than Dan Marino + Joe Montana combined... It's absurd to think the guy doesn't have incredible receivers around him. They catch every ball, don't drop a thing, have speed and size and break tackles and get huge YAC. If you played scrub Matt Flynn for the whole year he would go the Pro Bowl as a starter, win every game except maybe 1 and win the Super Bowl. That's an absurdly talented team. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise. They are awesome in all aspects of offensive production. And obviously it's not just the QB. Because you have seen what the backup did. And Matt Flynn on our team with all the drops and shoddy O Line protection surely wouldn't do that...
Over/Under on 49+ points by Saints vs Lions this week.
[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Jan 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM ]
Packers are 15-1 and the one seed. So what's the point of your thread.
R u serious? The Packers are stacked since 2009, I would say. Same coaching staff, same system and way more talent. Let's look at the Niners: sucked for years, every season a new OC with a new system, no real development at QB and so on.
Coming from a losing season, without a real off-season, new system again, no No.1-Wideout at all, a lot of games without a consistent pass protection...Nevertheless, Alex managed it very well. Yes, our front7 did a great job, too. There were some games where our Offense was off for some reasons. But Alex wasn't THE weak factor at all this year. Contrary to that, he was the only "sunshine" sometimes when his Wideouts betrayed him and his protectors were rushed all over again and again.
Originally posted by Jcool:
I agree they have a lot of talent. Best WR core by far of any team in the NFL. But still I'm sure if they had the internet in the 80s with twitter and such you would have a ton of people using that same excuse for Joe Montana. Aaron Rogers is a great QB. Does his WR talent give him a big advantage? Yes.

Actually with joe Montana he actually won 2 I repeat 2 super bowls without rice. Taylor Brent jones ........Rodgers has never won anything without 2 great wars.....so that argument is done. Last year gb had a great defense like the miners did in 1981 and 1984 but Montana never had a great wr
Dan Patrick and his Dannettes made a good point on his radio show. Aaron Rodgers is a system QB. So were Joe Montana and Steve Young. So is Drew Brees. There's nothing wrong with being a system QB. It's competent coaching and management. If you work extremely well within a system, you can still be an elite QB.
Share 49ersWebzone