LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

When will people finally admit Aaron Rodgers has incredible talent around him?

Shop 49ers game tickets
They put in scrub backup Matt Flynn and he has 480 yards and 6 TD's. It's ALL the system, play calling, WR's, TE's, O Line protection and coaching. You can plug anybody into Green Bay and they look better than Dan Marino + Joe Montana combined... It's absurd to think the guy doesn't have incredible receivers around him. They catch every ball, don't drop a thing, have speed and size and break tackles and get huge YAC. If you played scrub Matt Flynn for the whole year he would go the Pro Bowl as a starter, win every game except maybe 1 and win the Super Bowl. That's an absurdly talented team. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise. They are awesome in all aspects of offensive production. And obviously it's not just the QB. Because you have seen what the backup did. And Matt Flynn on our team with all the drops and shoddy O Line protection surely wouldn't do that...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Sounds like a typical non 49ers fan from the 80-90s
Originally posted by Jcool:
Sounds like a typical non 49ers fan from the 80-90s

Not really. That team is awesomely talented. Explain 480 yards and 6 TD's by the backup. Tell me why? If the team is not talented?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Not really. That team is awesomely talented. Explain 480 yards and 6 TD's by the backup. Tell me why? If the team is not talented?

I agree they have a lot of talent. Best WR core by far of any team in the NFL. But still I'm sure if they had the internet in the 80s with twitter and such you would have a ton of people using that same excuse for Joe Montana. Aaron Rogers is a great QB. Does his WR talent give him a big advantage? Yes.
Originally posted by Jcool:

I agree they have a lot of talent. Best WR core by far of any team in the NFL. But still I'm sure if they had the internet in the 80s with twitter and such you would have a ton of people using that same excuse for Joe Montana. Aaron Rogers is a great QB. Does his WR talent give him a big advantage? Yes.

They have one hell of a WR and TE corps. If the backup can come in off the bench and post 480 yards and 6 TD's that tells you something right there. Do you honestly believe he could post #'s like that or even remotely close on our team?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Donald Driver, Jermichael Finley

can all start on our team.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Donald Driver, Jermichael Finley

can all start on our team.

Exactly. Stop kidding yourselves. Those guys are all stars. It's like a Pro Bowl roster on offense. Great system and coaching too. I mean really would Flynn put up even 1/2 that on our team?....
Maybe Flynn isnt a scrub??
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Maybe Rodgers has INCREDIBLE talent around him and huge advantages and people finally realize it....
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Exactly. Stop kidding yourselves. Those guys are all stars. It's like a Pro Bowl roster on offense. Great system and coaching too. I mean really would Flynn put up even 1/2 that on our team?....

Ya I completely agree with you. They are stacked

Maybe Rodgers has INCREDIBLE talent around him and huge advantages and people finally realize it....

Kind of like Kurt Warner?

Yup. What a joke. A scrub 2nd stringer comes in and looks better than Joe Montana. And people think it's "all Rodgers."....

Yup. What a joke. A scrub 2nd stringer comes in and looks better than Joe Montana. And people think it's "all Rodgers."....

So does that mean Rodgers is just a scrub starter bc he has never gotten as many yards and TDs
Matt Flynn is a scrub backup? Alex blind apologists never disappoint.

So does that mean Rodgers is just a scrub starter bc he has never gotten as many yards and TDs

Why does the GB backup look better than Joe Montana? Explain it to me. I've yet to hear an explaination?....
Share 49ersWebzone