LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

When will people finally admit Aaron Rodgers has incredible talent around him?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ok you guys think it is so easy to do this. "1 game" etc. arguments. Show me 1 other NFL backup who posted 480 yards or more and 6 TD's or more all season long. In fact that's not even fair to you... So I will give you 2 seasons. 2 entire NFL seasons.

480 yards or more.

6 TD's or more.

By an NFL backup. Show me. I'll be waiting....

If you can't come up with anything I will be left with nothing but to realize the Green Bay Packers have AWESOME TALENT SURROUNDING THE QB (ANY QB).
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Ok you guys think it is so easy to do this. "1 game" etc. arguments. Show me 1 other NFL backup who posted 480 yards or more and 6 TD's or more all season long. In fact that's not even fair to you... So I will give you 2 seasons. 2 entire NFL seasons.

480 yards or more.

6 TD's or more.

If you can't come up with anything I will be left with nothing but to realize the Green Bay Packers have AWESOME TALENT SURROUNDING THE QB (ANY QB).

You need 2 things for this to happen. You need an amazing day offensively, and equally horrible day defensively. If your defense doesn't give up 40 points you're not putting up those kind of stats.

Billy Volek. 492 yards and 4 touchdowns for Tennessee. That didn't take long did it? So are we going to call Dereck Mason, Earl Bennett, and Ben Troupe amazing offensive talent? It's not chopped liver, but really
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

480 yards or more.

6 TD's or more.

You need 2 things for this to happen. You need an amazing day offensively, and equally horrible day defensively. If your defense doesn't give up 40 points you're not putting up those kind of stats.

Billy Volek. 492 yards and 4 touchdowns for Tennessee. That didn't take long did it? So are we going to call Dereck Mason, Earl Bennett, and Ben Troupe amazing offensive talent? It's not chopped liver, but really

4 TD's is not anywhere near as good as 6....

You've got to be kidding me. 400 yards and 6 touchdowns has happened 13 times in NFL history, and 7 of those performances happened before 1970. In today's NFL you have to be in MAC title game to put those numbers up.

Heck Billy Volek put up 424 and 4 touchdowns in another performance that year. Kelly Holcombe put up 414 and 5. Gus Frerotte put up 462 and 5.

You asked for backups that put up ridiculous stats. There you go. It's right in front of you.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Not really. That team is awesomely talented. Explain 480 yards and 6 TD's by the backup. Tell me why? If the team is not talented?

I agree they have a lot of talent. Best WR core by far of any team in the NFL. But still I'm sure if they had the internet in the 80s with twitter and such you would have a ton of people using that same excuse for Joe Montana. Aaron Rogers is a great QB. Does his WR talent give him a big advantage? Yes.

They have one hell of a WR and TE corps. If the backup can come in off the bench and post 480 yards and 6 TD's that tells you something right there. Do you honestly believe he could post #'s like that or even remotely close on our team?

Why do you keep ignoring the part about other fans feeling the same way about the 49ers of 80s-90s? Because it doesn't meet your agenda?

You've got to be kidding me. 400 yards and 6 touchdowns has happened 13 times in NFL history, and 7 of those performances happened before 1970. In today's NFL you have to be in MAC title game to put those numbers up.

Heck Billy Volek put up 424 and 4 touchdowns in another performance that year. Kelly Holcombe put up 414 and 5. Gus Frerotte put up 462 and 5.

This is SanDiego were trying to reason with here. Reasoning with him and trying to make him see your point is like putting Chilo Rachal at starter.

It just won't work.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
another gem thread by SD, I see

these just keep coming don't they? The worst part is all the attention that these silly statements get

I guess Joe Montana and Steve Young suck too.

We all know the real motive behind this thread...

You asked for backups that put up ridiculous stats. There you go. It's right in front of you.

6 TD's is an all time mark for that team. 4 is not as good. Show me 6 or more. Still waiting...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by niner4life21:

This is SanDiego were trying to reason with here. Reasoning with him and trying to make him see your point is like putting Chilo Rachal at starter.

It just won't work.

Yup his ass just got owned. Lol

6 TD's is an all time mark for that team. 4 is not as good. Show me 6 or more. Still waiting...

Haven't seen anybody show me 6 or more Susweel. Do you know of an example?

What a joke. What part of it's happened 7 times in modern history did you not understand?

Having that type of game is just as much as lack of defensive talent as having offensive talent.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

480 yards or more.

6 TD's or more.

Frank Reich: 21 for 34, 289 yards, 4 TDs, 115.9 Rating. 32-point comeback in playoff game.

What a joke. What part of it's happened 7 times in modern history did you not understand?

Having that type of game is just as much as lack of defensive talent as having offensive talent.

Hmmmm... So it only happened 7 times ever in modern history. And IT JUST SO HAPPENED IT WAS ON GREEN BAY.....
Originally posted by Jcool:

480 yards or more.

6 TD's or more.

Frank Reich: 21 for 34, 289 yards, 4 TDs, 115.9 Rating. 32-point comeback in playoff game.

280 and 480 are not the same. Neither are 4 and 6.
Haven't seen anybody show me 6 or more Susweel. Do you know of an example?

Why the f**k does it have to be 6 TDs?!?!?!

Is 4 TDs and 480+ yards not enough? Or does it have to be the exact same stats as Flynn? Holy s**t dude, you're impossible to argue with.
Share 49ersWebzone