Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Taylor Mays for 2013 7th Round Pick

Might as well given him away.

7th rd pick is a disgrace.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace130:
What a waste of a second pick! Anthony Davis= BUST! Taylor MAYS=BUST=CHILO RACHEL! BIGGER BUST! And these were our top picks

you forgot the MAJOR bust.....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by crabman82:
u guys are such babies, i didnt hear the cry fest when balmer went for a 6th or whatever. would u rather have nothing after mays would get cut next week? or were u delusional enough to think we were gonna get anymore for him?

Balmer wasn't traded after just one year, nor did he have as much potential as Taylor Mays. He saw action in 27 games and did absolutely nothing.

so u needed to see mays look terrible in coverage for another season to be happy for a 7th rounder for him? also, ones a first rounder the other a second rounder, both had potential or they dont go that high

Because players are incapable of improving right.

At the very least he could've been a ST's ace, hes getting paid like a veteran back up, so what would've it hurt to have kept him on the team.
At least our O gets to face Clements and Mays once this year... braylon is absolutely tear him apart.
Just keep the f**ker, then.

Jeez. Place him on special teams and let him develop.

What a piece of failure for Baalke's reign. Seriously. Who had last say on that pick, Sing or Baalke?
Originally posted by ninertico:

What a piece of failure for Baalke's reign. Seriously. Who had last say on that pick, Sing or Baalke?

It was clearly Sing. Baalke wanted Claussen. Also - if he stays on for special teams, it means he's kicking someone else off the roster. I'd MUCH rather have another player because Mays wasn't a gotta-have special teams player either.

this is a momentous occasion, its the first I have seen you be critical of the 49ers.
all we do is give away talent!

It's all on Baalke, better yet Jed York! With incomprehensible moves like this it's a miracle that this organization hasn't folded!
Originally posted by 5timechamps:

exactly!

and not just any talent, a top prospect that has years of success ahead of him. if the coaching staff can't fix him, then what hope do we have in the future
I predict everyone will be calling Baalke lucky for fleecing the Bengals of a 7th round pick after they cut Mays within the next year (see: Balmer, Kentwan).
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 29, 2011 at 9:22 PM ]
Baalke drafted him in the second round and traded him for a seventh round draft pick. Brilliant! No wonder we are in a rebuilding phase every year.
Either you are attempting to post from an outside domain or your firewall/anti-virus software does not allow HTTP_REFERER to be seen. If you have firewall/anti-virus software or hardware installed, check with your firewall/anti-virus vender to learn how to enable this feature.

Either you are attempting to post from an outside domain or your firewall/anti-virus software does not allow HTTP_REFERER to be seen. If you have firewall/anti-virus software or hardware installed, check with your firewall/anti-virus vender to learn how to enable this feature.

True. I think valdrod n susweel tried give away talent. Or some fake 49ers fans came here for make of fun that give away talent.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
I wish we would have tried him out as LB (like the Urlacher conversion from safety to LB) before we cut him. His athleticism is too much to just discard. I guess he had no open field fluidity though.
Originally posted by 190836:
Singletary (COACH/TRIGGER MAN) insisted Baalke (VP OF PLAYER PERSONNEL/2ND IN POWER) drafted him in the second round and (BAALKE SENSIBLE GM) traded him for a seventh round draft pick.

Fixed.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 29, 2011 at 9:33 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home