LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Taylor Mays for 2013 7th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
"They exchanged a seventh-round pick in 2013 with the 49ers for Mays last week. Jennings becomes the fourth Bengals first-rounder in the secondary, joining Hall, Clements and Nelson."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Monday-update-Bengals-trade-McDonald-for-CB-Jennings/30fec65c-e1e8-41b0-952a-0aa133e4ed42

I really hope this information is incorrect.
[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Aug 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM ]
May
WTF we got ripped If that's true
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 29, 2011 at 4:48 PM ]

Makin teh deeelz!
  • Otter
  • Veteran
It is. Mays was a second rounder.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nice trade by our great GM.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
"They exchanged a seventh-round pick in 2013 with the 49ers for Mays last week. Jennings becomes the fourth Bengals first-rounder in the secondary, joining Hall, Clements and Nelson."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Monday-update-Bengals-trade-McDonald-for-CB-Jennings/30fec65c-e1e8-41b0-952a-0aa133e4ed42

That seems strange to me. So if the Bengals draft behind us do we get a lower pick. I could be wrong but never heard of teams exchanging picks when those picks have not been determined. Also why 2013, why not the 2012 draft. This seems a bit fishy to me.
[ Edited by dwett on Aug 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM ]
I am thinking a 7th round pick is not correct. Certainly hoping its not correct.
  • Jiks
Not like he was going to play for us anyways. But no way we traded him for a 2013 7th round pick, that seems somewhat worthless.
u guys are such babies, i didnt hear the cry fest when balmer went for a 6th or whatever. would u rather have nothing after mays would get cut next week? or were u delusional enough to think we were gonna get anymore for him?

Blame Singletary. Without him we might still have a different player with that pick still on the team.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Plus does this make any sense? Am I missing something here. I think it may be typo.?
Originally posted by crabman82:
u guys are such babies, i didnt hear the cry fest when balmer went for a 6th or whatever. would u rather have nothing after mays would get cut next week? or were u delusional enough to think we were gonna get anymore for him?

I think his muscles alone are worth at least a 5th rounder
Mays for a 7th rd pick in the supplemental draft
If they got 7th for Mays what did the Bears offer? Nothing?
Share 49ersWebzone