LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Taylor Mays for 2013 7th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Nice trade by our great GM.

• Lifer
  • Veteran
Bottom line: Wasted pick. You cannot miss on 1st and 2nd rounders and expect to win in this league.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
It's totally a better place for him, he might actually get to play, we have several players better than him in all the positions he could play. It is not his fault that he is not skilled at football, if he had any potential, Carrol should have developed him. Using a second round pick on him was utterly ridiculous, we could probably have gotten him in the 4th or 5th round and used the second to get better in other areas. I don't think he could ever live up to the undeserved hype he got in college, but I wish him well.

you sound just like a tea party jealous member.
Originally posted by Lifer:
Bottom line: Wasted pick. You cannot miss on 1st and 2nd rounders and expect to win in this league.

one thing is true. he will never have to work. Can you say that? Didn't think so.
What a friggin joke!
We were gonna cut him anyways.

Good move.
Originally posted by GoGetit:
It's totally a better place for him, he might actually get to play, we have several players better than him in all the positions he could play. It is not his fault that he is not skilled at football, if he had any potential, Carrol should have developed him. Using a second round pick on him was utterly ridiculous, we could probably have gotten him in the 4th or 5th round and used the second to get better in other areas. I don't think he could ever live up to the undeserved hype he got in college, but I wish him well.

you sound just like a tea party jealous member.

It is funny man, because I think those tea party people are bible-thumping, agenda pushing idiots that have no clue what the people of America need ( not that any of the current parties or factions are any better). I am sorry if you do not agree with my assessment, but it is pretty clear that Mays is an athlete with straight line speed that isn't even a very good tackler. It is silly to hold it against him for the pick we wasted on him though, he can't help it if Singletary got Baalke to pick him 2-3 rounds early. Good luck to him being the gunner for the Bengals, he might actually make a decent one. Great athlete doesn't equate to a good ball player.
It is funny man, because I think those tea party people are bible-thumping, agenda pushing idiots that have no clue what the people of America need ( not that any of the current parties or factions are any better). I am sorry if you do not agree with my assessment, but it is pretty clear that Mays is an athlete with straight line speed that isn't even a very good tackler. It is silly to hold it against him for the pick we wasted on him though, he can't help it if Singletary got Baalke to pick him 2-3 rounds early. Good luck to him being the gunner for the Bengals, he might actually make a decent one. Great athlete doesn't equate to a good ball player.

Still sound like them. and Memphis is your location? come on

Gogetit's mad about something. Maybe he's a relative of Mays
[ Edited by aTx49er on Aug 29, 2011 at 8:23 PM ]
What a waste of a second pick! Anthony Davis= BUST! Taylor MAYS=BUST=CHILO RACHEL! BIGGER BUST! And these were our top picks

I would've traded him for no draft pick just a month supply of Doritos for the team
Originally posted by txniner2:
I would've traded him for no draft pick just a month supply of Doritos for the team

Nah, Hot cheetos with a couple of lemons
Mmmm Cheetos
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
If teams had given him a first round grade or a 2nd round grade they would of drafted him they didnt, I was a believer in Mays but the more I watched him the worse he became.

Huh? That's not true. You can only draft one guy...do you not think we had a 1st round grade given to anyone drafted after Aldon Smith? He was supposed to be a top 10-15 pick if he came out in '09 and even in '10, many mocks had him going as high as 14 to Carroll. But certainly no one had him going lower than the 2nd round. It's not like we reached for him.
Dissapointing TRADE.
Dissapointing PLAYER.
Dissapointing DRAFT!

coincidence?
Share 49ersWebzone