There are 162 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Cam Newton will never be a great NFL QB. He is just like Vince Young. Vince Young is an emotional trainwreck and with his wonderlic score, he is borderline mentally handicapped. Cam Newton is a criminal, he got kicked off of Florida, the same team who had 30 arrests in Urban Meyer's time there. I don't want to be the team that drafts him, I want to be the team that picks him up after he burns his bridges somewhere else. Do it like Mike Vick, we don't want to be the Falcons we want to be the Eagles.
Originally posted by tylerr82:
Cam Newton will never be a great NFL QB. He is just like Vince Young. Vince Young is an emotional trainwreck and with his wonderlic score, he is borderline mentally handicapped. Cam Newton is a criminal, he got kicked off of Florida, the same team who had 30 arrests in Urban Meyer's time there. I don't want to be the team that drafts him, I want to be the team that picks him up after he burns his bridges somewhere else. Do it like Mike Vick, we don't want to be the Falcons we want to be the Eagles.

wow the ignorance is strong with this one.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

wow the ignorance is strong with this one.

this has to be tyler10....has to be.
What is wrong with what I posted?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
What is wrong with what I posted?

Because I stated why I think Cam Newton will be a terrible NFL qb you highlight my name? I don't get it.
Because I stated why I think Cam Newton will be a terrible NFL qb you highlight my name? I don't get it.

Not that Harbaugh is a guaranteed miracle worker of a QB coach, but if he does give the green light to take Newton, I'll feel pretty confident in it. I think Newton is a hell of a player but he's going to need some time and the right situation to flourish. Personally, I think that we have other needs we can fill at #7 and would prefer we don't take Newton there, but, if we did, I wouldn't be upset because that would mean, to me, that the staff is really confident that they can make him into a legit NFL QB.

Here's what you stated, in terms of "why" you think Cam will be a terrible QB:

~He's like Vince Young
~Vince Young is an emotional trainwreck
~Because of his wonderlic score, he's borderline mentally handicapped
~Cam Newton is a criminal
~He got kicked off the Florida team (he didn't, but that's your claim)
~You don't want to be the team that drafts him
~You want to be the team that picks him up after he burns his bridges elsewhere
~Like Michael Vick

You really can't see the problem with what you posted?
"Foxsports.com reported that Newton left the University of Florida after the fall semester in 2008 rather than face suspension or expulsion in part because of three instances of academic cheating."

He is just like Tim Tebow. I want a QB who can throw. The last several years there has been a QB who can run that is an interest but never works out.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If we traded down in the 20's and hes available I'd hope we would take him, same goes for Gabbert. Unfortunately we all know they won't be around in the 20's.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I want him, he has similarities to Smith and Young yes.. but in one year look what he did in the SEC? And I'd be interested to see what Harbaugh could do with him. I hear the Bills and Redskins as possible destinations, but still it'd be a good move for us imo
"Foxsports.com reported that Newton left the University of Florida after the fall semester in 2008 rather than face suspension or expulsion in part because of three instances of academic cheating."

He is just like Tim Tebow. I want a QB who can throw. The last several years there has been a QB who can run that is an interest but never works out.

He left because Tebow was staying and he wanted to be a starter. Florida was pissed at him leaving and conviently leaked confidential info the press. IF he stayed at Florida there wouldnt be any bad press. About anything that wasnt illegal. Him being a dumbass kid buying stolen goods shouldnt be a deal breaker for anyone. He was cleared of the pay for play charges. The NCAA went thru him and his family and came out clear.

He nothing like Tebow. His arm strength is better, his release really s**ts on Tebows, hes more accurate, mobile,faster and if anyone he can compare to its McNabb. All the same issues with option/spread qb, footwork and mechanics only his arm,accuracy,speed and size are imo better than McNabbs were when he came out. Right now coming out he has more potential than any other QB imo. Newton has the full package as a NFL QB arm,accuracy,mobility, leadership and poise.
"Newton has the full package as a NFL QB arm,accuracy,mobility, leadership and poise."

Tebow had three of those four. In the future things will change but right now I think the classic dropback passer is the way to go. I like watching these guys do it in college but they can't do that in the NFL. Another thing to consider is the beating they take. If the NFL goes to 18 games there is no point in drafting a QB who plays 9 games a year. Vick was fantastic this year when healthy, but he will never play a full season. There is a reason they are keeping Kevin Kolb.
"Newton has the full package as a NFL QB arm,accuracy,mobility, leadership and poise."

Tebow had three of those four. In the future things will change but right now I think the classic dropback passer is the way to go. I like watching these guys do it in college but they can't do that in the NFL. Another thing to consider is the beating they take. If the NFL goes to 18 games there is no point in drafting a QB who plays 9 games a year. Vick was fantastic this year when healthy, but he will never play a full season. There is a reason they are keeping Kevin Kolb.

Tebow has 3 of 5 you mean
Share 49ersWebzone