LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
is this joke? you guys know there is no way we would pick him or even think about it

Actually no we don't. It's all guesswork at this point, none of us not even the analysts and experts know.

um... the Bills already publicly said that they wont let him fall past them at 3.

END OF THREAD

link, please. Never heard that.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
is this joke? you guys know there is no way we would pick him or even think about it

Actually no we don't. It's all guesswork at this point, none of us not even the analysts and experts know.

um... the Bills already publicly said that they wont let him fall past them at 3.

END OF THREAD

You mean this

Quote:
Schefter has been told by a rival GM that he would then not make it past the Bills at No. 3.

Because it has no merit. The Bills could want teams to think they would take him as a ploy for the teams sitting behind them namely Cincy and Arizona to move UP. Maybe they really want Dareus.

And what's to stop Baalke/Harbaugh from trading up if they are in love with Cam and his potential?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=87548

"First, Harbaugh's greatest attributes are his ability to motivate and his reputation as a quarterback whisperer. Harbaugh believes he could coach an Oompa Loompa into spinning NFL-quality spirals, and that's why he wants Alex Smith to stay so badly."

If this is truly the case, don't be surprised if the 49ers draft Newton at #7.
Originally posted by fryet:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=87548

"First, Harbaugh's greatest attributes are his ability to motivate and his reputation as a quarterback whisperer. Harbaugh believes he could coach an Oompa Loompa into spinning NFL-quality spirals, and that's why he wants Alex Smith to stay so badly."

If this is truly the case, don't be surprised if the 49ers draft Newton at #7.

If this is truly the case dont be surprised if we dont wait to the 3rd or 4th round and dratf Stanzi then another QB late in the draft
Yeah its one week, what do all the haters say now?
Still hate Cam.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

One game against a subpar team does not make a career. Come back to me when his career is over.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
One game against a subpar team does not make a career. Come back to me when his career is over.
That's true but over 400 yards with no help from the running game as 1yr-sec-starter out of non-pro-style offense is still something unusual.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Really? Cam is showing already that he has huge potential and belongs at this level. Many ppl in this thread believed that Cam can't play at the NFL level. It was still against a NFL defense, he broke the passing record (supposedly his "weakness") in his very first game of his NFL career.

What he did yesterday was special - no two ways about it.

I'll be sure to PM you in 15 years and we'll settle this.

Yes, I was one of the guys that was critical of Newton during the draft, but he looked damn impressive yesterday, even if it was against the Cardinals.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I'll be sure to PM you in 15 years and we'll settle this.

I still wouldn't draft him
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

Originally posted by backontop:

This
Share 49ersWebzone