LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

Predictions for new GM?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mike Holmgren would be the perfect pick but I think hes tied up with the Browns. He knows his stuff already proven and very well respected around the NFL. He can also Head Coach and is a great OC as well as QB Coach. Hes hands down the best pic fpr the San Francisco 49ers...... Jed should have NEVER EVER let him go to the BROWNS.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Joe Thomas gets my pick.

Capn' Bligh!

Sorry Jim. Only you and I -- plus a few other selected folks -- truly get this.

Bill, I just had to. I hated what I saw today. It might have been the worse season I have seen in many years. Change is in the Air. Jed is over his head and needs a top GM as well as a Top Head Coach.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Mike Holmgren would be the perfect pick but I think hes tied up with the Browns. He knows his stuff already proven and very well respected around the NFL. He can also Head Coach and is a great OC as well as QB Coach. Hes hands down the best pic fpr the San Francisco 49ers...... Jed should have NEVER EVER let him go to the BROWNS.

Mike is a very well respected man in the league. If he felt he wanted to go then I can imagine the Browns letting him.
I'm starting to like the idea of Eric DeCosta
Originally posted by txniner2:
Matt Millen

Joking or Not - It might be considered Sacrilege, to mention that name in association
with anything related to the 49ers. Last I heard, it was a 10% warning on the Zone ;D
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by 190836:
I think we should ask Jerry Jones for advise, just like the stadium.

Whit??? Ah I see you were joking. Phew....

I don't want anyone from the Steelers or Ravens. I want a WCO GM and I want him to hire a WCO HC. We're the god damn 49ers. Its time to get our heads out of our asses and get back to what we know worked........for TWO DECADES

Bows and arrows and horse-drawn carriages worked for a long time too.

Mike is a very well respected man in the league. If he felt he wanted to go then I can imagine the Browns letting him.

I might be wrong on this, but isn't he highly respected as a coach and not-so-highly respected as a GM?
Charlie Casserly!!
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

I don't want anyone from the Steelers or Ravens. I want a WCO GM and I want him to hire a WCO HC. We're the god damn 49ers. Its time to get our heads out of our asses and get back to what we know worked........for TWO DECADES

Granted but 500 years of military ingenuity and transport design have little affect on the Quarterback position I would gather. Unless they were names given to audibles?
Originally posted by montana4ever:
Charlie Casserly!!

Re-tread!

Granted but 500 years of military ingenuity and transport design have little affect on the Quarterback position I would gather. Unless they were names given to audibles?

I don't think going back to the WCO is the answer. I'd like a coach who innovates if possible.
The new GM should sign Norv as OC if he is fired.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

I might be wrong on this, but isn't he highly respected as a coach and not-so-highly respected as a GM?

I think he was doing both or wanted to do both in GB. Those days are over in the NFL. Even Bill Walsh had a hard time doing both. Hire Mike to just be the GM and get a great HC who knows QB and Offense. John Grueden would be my pick. Get a Vet QB and Draft a great QB. The 49ers do have talent on both sides of the ball so thats a good thing.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Yup but like I said I think some highly respected men are able to discuss opportunities such as these with their employers and come to a reasonable outcome. I'm not saying I want Holmgren just thinking out aloud.
  • Envy
  • Veteran

I don't think going back to the WCO is the answer. I'd like a coach who innovates if possible.

I'm not saying we get out Bill's tapes and start again but I think the WCO is by far as important today as it was 30 years ago. Look how many teams run the system that are dominating the league.
Share 49ersWebzone