Predictions for new GM?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
someone from the patriots

......or from the Ravens. Don't sleep on the usual suspects like Holmgren either if he can get out of his Browns contract.
i just dont get why everyone is on holmgren...yeah, perhaps he has some ties to the niners but who cares? why should mike leave the browns after a year???

Because he has ties here and he also built a McMansion in Santa Cruz after he left Seattle and then got "the itch" and Cleveland was open. If the 9ers offer him a chance to be that close to his families dream home I bet he would take it.
TDon
Best case scenario: Chris Polian (Colts) (our front office would be re-tooled for success, and would lure in any 4-star HC/big-name prospect).

Mediocre scenario: Phil Savage (personnel Consultant to Eagles, was a lame-duck GM to the Browns before Holmgren took over, and mediocre scout/PF Director for Baltimore.

Worst case scenario: Trent Baalke
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I hope it's Chris Polian
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
I hope it's Chris Polian

If Bill Polian blocked him from 3 seperate jobs only 2 years ago? What makes you think he would let him go this time around?
Joe Thomas gets my pick.
Originally posted by sfout:
I hope it's Chris Polian

If Bill Polian blocked him from 3 seperate jobs only 2 years ago? What makes you think he would let him go this time around?

because this time he should let his son make a name for himself and help rebuild this once great franchise. probably before bill didnt think he was ready and now he probably feels hes ready
I hope it's Chris Polian

Colts are preparing for post-decade transition, Chris's contract ends in 2012, and Chris has voiced some expressed interest in going elsewhere (wants some distance from daddy), for a GM/VP role (with the potential of being a Football Ops President in the future).

Chris is the heir to his daddy's throne (in 4-5 years), but wants to build his own legacy/name with another team.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 26, 2010 at 18:02:15 ]
  • Veteran
I think we should ask Jerry Jones for advise, just like the stadium.
I don't know exactly who the Yorks are going to bring in as the "New GM." But I certainly hope to gawd that the Yorks DO NOT HIRE FROM WITHIN THEIR CURRENT FRONT OFFICE.

These current Administrators are the ones who have brought the 49er Organization to their knees. Trent Baalke is Not the answer at GM, this Franchise needs an Experienced GM, with new ideas. And New Personnel in the Front Office...Not the Same Old, Same Old.

[ Edited by 9erB4Us on Dec 26, 2010 at 18:06:50 ]

• Veteran
Originally posted by 9erB4Us:
I don't know exactly who the Yorks are going to bring in as the "New GM." But I certainly hope to gawd that the Yorks DO NOT HIRE FROM WITHIN THEIR CURRENT FRONT OFFICE.

These current Administrators are the ones who have brought the 49er Organization to their knees. Trent Baalke in Not the answer at GM, this Franchise needs an Experienced GM, with new ideas. And New Personnel in the Front Office...Not the Same Old, Same Old.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Joe Thomas gets my pick.

Capn' Bligh!

Sorry Jim. Only you and I -- plus a few other selected folks -- truly get this.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I hope it's Chris Polian

Colts are preparing for post-decade transition, Chris's contract ends in 2012, and Chris has voiced some expressed interest in going elsewhere (wants some distance from daddy), for a GM/VP role (with the potential of being a Football Ops President in the future).

Chris is the heir to his daddy's throne (in 4-5 years), but wants to build his own legacy/name with another team.

Noted. I would be really happy with him because if Bill's skill at late round drafting over the last decade has rubbed off on chris then I would be extremely happy.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
someone from the patriots

......or from the Ravens. Don't sleep on the usual suspects like Holmgren either if he can get out of his Browns contract.
i just dont get why everyone is on holmgren...yeah, perhaps he has some ties to the niners but who cares? why should mike leave the browns after a year???

Two teams. Three Super Bowl appearances. I like those qualifications.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
I think we should ask Jerry Jones for advise, just like the stadium.

Whit??? Ah I see you were joking. Phew....

I don't want anyone from the Steelers or Ravens. I want a WCO GM and I want him to hire a WCO HC. We're the god damn 49ers. Its time to get our heads out of our asses and get back to what we know worked........for TWO DECADES
Share 49ersWebzone