LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Predictions for new GM?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
someone from the patriots

......or from the Ravens. Don't sleep on the usual suspects like Holmgren either if he can get out of his Browns contract.
i just dont get why everyone is on holmgren...yeah, perhaps he has some ties to the niners but who cares? why should mike leave the browns after a year???
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
How about nfl network draft guru, Mike Mayock. Profootballtalk said there was interest from 3 or 4 different teams in mayock to take a front office position last spring. Mayock seems really smart every time I hear him talk.

I love Mike Mayock, that would be great
  • cools
  • Veteran
Eric DeCosta, assistant to Ozzie in Baltimore
Ive read he's one of those up and coming GM types

Has Connections with Billick
and with Harbaugh via his brother and Harbaugh's DC Vic Fangio who he also worked with in Baltimore
Originally posted by cools:

and with Harbaugh via his brother and Harbaugh's DC Vic Fangio who he also worked with in Baltimore

"Eric DeCosta (born April 10, 1971, Taunton, Massachusetts) was named the Director of Player Personnel for the Baltimore Ravens on January 28, 2009[1]

Prior to his recent appointment, DeCosta served as Director of College Scouting for the Ravens for six years, at one time being the youngest College Scouting Director in the National Football League. DeCosta, who began his career in the National Football League as a Player Personnel Assistant in 1996, served as Mid-West Area Scout from 1998-2003. For the past fourteen years, DeCosta has worked for General Manager Ozzie Newsome, a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.[citation needed]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_DeCosta
lets hire Sandiego49er I mean he knows everything anyway! If thats against the rules I'm sorry mods, but come on it's funny.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

"Eric DeCosta (born April 10, 1971, Taunton, Massachusetts) was named the Director of Player Personnel for the Baltimore Ravens on January 28, 2009[1]

Prior to his recent appointment, DeCosta served as Director of College Scouting for the Ravens for six years, at one time being the youngest College Scouting Director in the National Football League. DeCosta, who began his career in the National Football League as a Player Personnel Assistant in 1996, served as Mid-West Area Scout from 1998-2003. For the past fourteen years, DeCosta has worked for General Manager Ozzie Newsome, a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.[citation needed]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_DeCosta

This guy needs to be the front runner.
just give me some one from new england. i'll even take their ball boy. it seems like every team run by new england descendants is good: patriots, falcons, and chiefs
  • cools
  • Veteran
Could be Baalke... Im not so sure he would be a part of this meeting if he wasnt involved in the future plans

"Owner John York, team president Jed York and executives Trent Baalke and Paraag Marathe were in discussions Sunday afternoon whether to fire Singletary immediately or wait until after the team's final game of the season, the source told Comcast SportsNet."

today from MM Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
Lets make a splash and lure Bill Polian away from the Colts. I would throw 50 mil. at him.
How about Tony Dungy

Originally posted by kidash:
Mike Lombardi, come on down!!!

I'll second that.
Originally posted by NinerinMo:
How about J.J? At least he'd be golden with the draft.

Stokes? Why?
How about Floyd Reese for the new GM?

Quote:
Floyd Reese will enter his 33rd NFL season in 2009, including 18 seasons in player personnel and 15 seasons as an assistant coach. He joined the Patriots on January 27, 2009 after serving 13 seasons as the executive vice president/general manager of the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans franchise from 1994-2006. He also served as the assistant general manager of the Oilers for four seasons from 1990-93. Reese served as an assistant coach with Detroit (1975-77), San Francisco (1978), Minnesota (1979- 85) and the Houston Oilers (1986-89).

In his 13 seasons as the general manager of the Oilers/Titans, Reese's teams won 111 games - setting a franchise record for wins by a general manager. Houston and Tennessee won 11 or more games in a season four times during Reese's tenure as general manager while recording eight seasons with a record of .500 or better.

Over a five-year period from 1999-2003, the Titans led the NFL with 56 wins, including three seasons with 12 or more victories. In 1999, the Titans claimed the AFC Championship and reached the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history, falling just a yard short of the title in Super Bowl XXXIV against the St. Louis Rams.

Reese's positive impact is still being felt in Tennessee. The 2008 Titans earned the AFC's top playoff seed while 16 of 22 starters on their final 2008 roster were originally acquired while Reese was general manager, including nine of 11 starters on defense. The 2008 Titans sent six of Reese's acquisitions to last year's Pro Bowl - QB Kerry Collins, CB Cortland Finnegan, DT Albert Haynesworth, S Chris Hope, C Kevin Mawae and T Michael Roos.

Reese entered the NFL as the strength and conditioning coach for the Detroit Lions in 1975. He spent three years with the Lions, including a two-year period from 1976- 77 while Bill Belichick was also a member of the Detroit coaching staff. In 1978, Reese joined the San Francisco 49ers as the strength and conditioning coach. He joined Bud Grant's staff in Minnesota in 1979, beginning a seven-year tenure with the Vikings. During that period he held a dual role coaching linebackers and special teams from 1979- 83 before being named defensive coordinator in 1984. He coached the Vikings' linebackers in 1985.

In 1986, Reese began a 21-year association with the Oilers/Titans franchise. He served as the Oilers' linebackers coach for four seasons from 1986-89. In 1988, the Oilers' top three tacklers were all linebackers and in 1989, three of the team's top four tacklers were linebackers. Reese moved into the Oilers' personnel department in 1990, and served as assistant general manager for four seasons, each of which ended in a playoff appearance.

Reese served a four-year stint in the college coaching ranks as an assistant coach at UCLA (1971-73) and Georgia Tech (1974). He was an All-America defensive lineman for UCLA from 1966-69 and also played one season (1970) for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League.

Read more at: http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=MgersandExecsbio&bio=33602&cp
Could be Baalke... Im not so sure he would be a part of this meeting if he wasnt involved in the future plans

"Owner John York, team president Jed York and executives Trent Baalke and Paraag Marathe were in discussions Sunday afternoon whether to fire Singletary immediately or wait until after the team's final game of the season, the source told Comcast SportsNet."

today from MM Comcast SportsNet Bay Area

I believe this will happen:

"Thanks Baalke and friends, now GTFO"
Matt Millen
Share 49ersWebzone