Matt Flynn

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
If I had the choice between Flynn and Alex

I would choose Flynn

good for you

ya.. what people dont realize is Alex can go into that offense surrounded by Greg Jennings Jordy Nelson Jermichael Finley James Jones and Randall Cobb who can all start on our offense and put up the same numbers (400 yards 5 TDs 1 INT) as Matt Fing Flynn

Put Flynn on our team with Crabtree, who would probably be number 3 WR on the Packers, and Brett Swain who is starting for us today and couldn't even make the Packers roster, and Flynn wont do s**t. He will look like a true backup.

Matt Flynn = Matt Cassel. do not want
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:

I would choose Flynn

good for you

ya.. what people dont realize is Alex can go into that offense surrounded by Greg Jennings Jordy Nelson Jermichael Finley James Jones and Randall Cobb who can all start on our offense and put up the same numbers (400 yards 5 TDs 1 INT) as Matt Fing Flynn

Put Flynn on our team with Crabtree, who would probably be number 3 WR on the Packers, and Brett Swain who is starting for us and couldn't even make the Packers roster, and Flynn wont do s**t. He will look like a true backup.

exactly, Flynn is in QB heaven in that offense with those guys around him.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:

I would choose Flynn

good for you

Put Flynn on our team with Crabtree, who would probably be number 3 WR on the Packers, and Brett Swain who is starting for us and couldn't even make the Packers roster, and Flynn wont do s**t. He will look like a true backup.

exactly, Flynn is in QB heaven in that offense with those guys around him.

Yeah. that offense is so stacked its crazy
The Packers receivers are unreal. These guys all run crisp routes, all have great hands, are all solid blockers, its just simply unfair. They've got 5 guys who are all very good receivers and will make any quarterback look better. Not to take anything away from Rodgers because he's a great quarterback but damn, those receivers sure do make a quarterback's life easier, if only the 49ers had a few more dependable receivers. If nothing else, they are going to have to find some talented receivers this off-season, guys who can make difficult catches look easy, as opposed to the current group which can make easy catches look difficult.

Alex Smith has clearly made mistakes and has been inaccurate at times, but when you look at what he's had to work with, it does make it a little more understandable. Other than Crabtree and Davis, this team needs major upgrades, regardless of play-calling or quarterback play this team has to get more competent receivers.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM ]
Yeah that pass to Jones was all the receiver

And that accurate strike to Finley for a TD
[ Edited by LundyLove on Jan 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM ]
f**k the Packers
i agree with you. the only skilled position that starts on the packers is gore. crabs is a #3 maybe a 2, davis would be the 2nd TE behind jj finley.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Jan 1, 2012 at 1:40 PM ]
Wtf
This is F'n NINER TALK. Who give a flying Flip what the packers look like
I agree, i think everyone involved with the passing offense needs to step it up as well. But we are in Dire need of that true #1. Crabtree looks to be coming along, i just want the full package. Or at least a real big body with decent but not great speed for the RZ
i really miss morgan

this offseaosn we need to get 1 outside WR

crabs morgan and williams is a solid core
Our D, despite the letdown, will shut those guys down
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
f**k the Packers

THIS! AND ANYMORE MATT FLYNN THEADS!
Their receivers are constantly getting separation, getting open, making plays, 49ers receivers don't and Davis has had his fair share of drops this year. Watching Flynn have guys wide open and making difficult catches makes me kind of think about what could be if the 49ers upgraded their talent in that area.
Originally posted by jcashen87:
I agree, i think everyone involved with the passing offense needs to step it up as well. But we are in Dire need of that true #1. Crabtree looks to be coming along, i just want the full package. Or at least a real big body with decent but not great speed for the RZ

this