There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matt Flynn

  • gage
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,476
I don't think there is sufficient evidence to anoint him just yet. As already posited by others, many backup QB's have had great SEASONS, gotten paid, and then flamed out. I like Alex as the starter next season, but I wouldn't mind bringing in Flynn at backup money to compete.
I HERE HE'S HEADED TO CLEVELAND!!!!
i thought he would go to a team like miami

but cleveland makes sense as they also run a WCO-- too bad they have no WR though (they do have 2 first round picks however
Yeah, Cleveland makes a lot of sense. Now Cleveland could trade out the 4th-ovr (if they want to) and collect more high-round picks.
Originally posted by communist:
Yeah, Cleveland makes a lot of sense. Now Cleveland could trade out the 4th-ovr (if they want to) and collect more high-round picks.

he's a FA
Originally posted by jreff22:
he's a FA
Sorry, my bad english again. I assumed that the Browns will keep their 4th ovr and pick RGIII (another assumption: nobody jumps ahead of them and drafts RGIII there).

Then again, Flynn could go to the Raiders.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by jreff22:
he's a FA
Sorry, my bad english again. I assumed that the Browns will keep their 4th ovr and pick RGIII (another assumption: nobody jumps ahead of them and drafts RGIII there).

Then again, Flynn could go to the Raiders.

Flynn will go to Washington
Is Flynn an athletic guy?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,176
Originally posted by communist:
Is Flynn an athletic guy?
Flynn is an intelligent, accurate passer. He is efficient and is confident in his ability to lead the offense. He does not force passes and is good at taking what the defense gives him. He is a good athlete that shows the ability to elude the rush and buy more time to throw the football, along with the ability to pick up some yardage once plays break down.

There is not anything about his game physically that stands out. Flynn has decent size, but his arm and overall athletic ability are only average. He is mobile but he is not going to pick up big chunks of yardage or strike fear in defenses. As a passer, he lacks the arm to thread the needle and will not carry an offense on his shoulders.

Flynn is tough and has the intangibles you want in a quarterback, but he is only average across the board physically. He could potentially develop into a quality backup quarterback because of his intelligence, but his potential may be limited at the next level.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospects/matt_flynn.html
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM ]
So, why should he go to the Skins then?
Originally posted by communist:
So, why should he go to the Skins then?

WCO and they will pay
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,934
ONE
GAME!
Originally posted by BenQ:
ONE
GAME!
WE KNOW...nevertheless he was coached very well, he was coached in a WCO, he was coached for years. Still better than a qb-prospect out of draft (unless it's Luck or any other pro-style guy). That's the logic behind his future high-price hiring, or at least some logic.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by BenQ:
ONE
GAME!
WE KNOW...nevertheless he was coached very well, he was coached in a WCO, he was coached for years. Still better than a qb-prospect out of draft (unless it's Luck or any other pro-style guy). That's the logic behind his future high-price hiring, or at least some logic.

He will be the next Matt Cassle at worst; The next Kevin Kolb at best. If your team has the chance to draft RG3 (Cle/Was) you take him.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by jreff22:
he's a FA
Sorry, my bad english again. I assumed that the Browns will keep their 4th ovr and pick RGIII (another assumption: nobody jumps ahead of them and drafts RGIII there).

Then again, Flynn could go to the Raiders.

Why would the Raiders invest sO much in Flynn after giving up the house not only in a s**t
Load of draft picks, but also a high salary fOr Palmer?